Windows 10: Windows 10 retail license linked to Microsoft account

Discus and support Windows 10 retail license linked to Microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there! I have a doubt regarding my Windows 10 license. Some time ago I bought a retail license and now in the Windows configuration section the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Griudom, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Griudom Win User

Windows 10 retail license linked to Microsoft account

Hi there!

I have a doubt regarding my Windows 10 license.

Some time ago I bought a retail license and now in the Windows configuration section the following message appears: "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". The thing is that I don't use that account anymore (hotmail) since now I use Outlook.

Is it possible to use my license number (in case I change my computer) or do I have to use my old mail? I mean, can I log in into my new outlook account and activate Windows by using my license number or is it required to use my hotmail account to which now it says that it is linked?

Thanks!

:)

Griudom, Jun 25, 2019

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Windows 10 retail license linked to Microsoft account [​IMG]

MCardona81, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license

Hello Steve, and welcome to Ten Forums. Windows 10 retail license linked to Microsoft account :)

What build of Windows 10 do you currently have installed?

*Arrow https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...mber-find.html

Starting in build 14371, if you see this part highlighted in yellow below in Settings -> Update & security -> Activation from step 7 in the tutorial posted above, then the PC's digital license is linked to your MSA.

Brink, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Joyous Win User

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

I cant see the option to link digital licence with microsoft account. I actually upgraded from a retail version of Windows 7 ultimate to Windows 8.1 by paying then to windows 10 pro.

Attaching the screenshot, there is no option to link to digital license to Microsoft account

Joyous, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 retail license linked to Microsoft account - Similar Threads - retail license linked

2. multiple windows license linking to account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    multiple windows license linking to account: Hi, I do not understand exact behaviour of windows license linking to MS account. In my case I am owner of 6 windows licences. I am not sure, if it is good idea to link all these licences to my 1 MS account. Because, I am not aware about any "overview" of licenceses...
  3. Link Windows 10 Education digital license to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Link Windows 10 Education digital license to Microsoft account: Hi, I'm trying to link my Windows 10 Education license to my Microsoft Account following this tutorial:...
  4. Reactivation of a digital license not linked to a Microsoft account

Reactivation of a digital license not linked to a Microsoft account: I've read conflicting information regarding this matter. Basically I'm thinking about taking the HDD of my laptop behind the barn and putting it down, slip an SSD on it's place and make a clean install. Thing is, I never linked a Microsoft Account to the installation, and I...
  5. Purchasing Windows 10 Retail License

Purchasing Windows 10 Retail License: Hi I need to know is their any provision windows is selling a retail key of Windows 10 for lifetime validity I had found a guy on e-commerce site selling the Genuine Windows 10 Key at Rs. 299 Is this Genuine Or Someone is taking Advantage of Microsoft Name in India ....
  6. Windows License linked to my Microsoft account

Windows License linked to my Microsoft account: Hello. Im in the process of rebuilding a new PC. Only 1 thing was gonna be brought forward and it was my 1 TB seagate drive and well .. my dog chewed and slobbered on it for 8 hours while i was at work and its literally unusable i lost everything. Im a novice in this world...
  7. 3 or 5 Digital License for Windows 10 linked to One Microsoft account?

3 or 5 Digital License for Windows 10 linked to One Microsoft account?: I have 2 laptop's and 1 computer running Windows 10 it is possible 3 Digital license in one Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3-or-5-digital-license-for-windows-10-linked-to/04f06a91-9058-4062-80df-ef4fb42f8a77"
  8. Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license

Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license: I have a retail version of Windows 7 Pro Some time ago i took advantage to upgrade my o/s to Windows 10 . I currently sign into PC with a microsoft account. Motherboard on PC may be giving up on me so I wish to replace it. I have done a bit of research and it...
  9. Retail license for Windows 10?

Retail license for Windows 10?: Dees Microsoft sell Retail license for Windows 10 or all Windows 10 OEM? 77417
  10. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License: Hey, I have a question. Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account? What I mean by that: I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. retail windows 10 license unlink to microsoft account