Windows 10: Windows 10 Retail Pack with OEM Key

Discus and support Windows 10 Retail Pack with OEM Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought Windows 10 Pro Retail Pack from an online seller. Got the pack and it read "Win Pro 10 32-bit/64-bit Eng Intl USB RS" and the key card had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rakesh_01, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Rakesh_01 Win User

Windows 10 Retail Pack with OEM Key

I bought Windows 10 Pro Retail Pack from an online seller. Got the pack and it read "Win Pro 10 32-bit/64-bit Eng Intl USB RS" and the key card had "RETAIL" mentioned under the license key. But after installing it from the USB and entering this license key, when it got activated the system shows it as "OEM". Any help to get it resolved, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Rakesh_01, Mar 27, 2019
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Question On OEM Windows clean install......

Yea, I got that part, was just wondering if the OEM disk/key part was broken down into further catergories, like vendor specific - DELL, HP, etc. ?

What about service packs? I have a retail XP SP1 disk. I recall seeing a way to make a new disk with all the latest SP's. Sorry, rambling off topic here...

Sasqui, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Retail Pack with OEM Key - Similar Threads - Retail Pack OEM

2. Windows 10 OEM or Retail

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 OEM or Retail: Is windows 10 pro available to download through media creation tool from microsoft is OEM or Retail ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-oem-or-retail/129ae35c-0304-4b10-8ef2-e9f2f63954be
  3. Retail and OEM product keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Retail and OEM product keys: Hello there, I want to buy a product key to activate my OS. In the web I found that there are two types. One is using a retail keyquite expensive and other is using a OEM key. I further found that once you activate using a OEM key it is locked to that device while retail...
  4. Windows - Retail or OEM

Windows - Retail or OEM: Hi! I got a 6 year old computer from one company. Windows has been removed from it, so I should buy new Windows and install them. Which version should I buy - OEM or Retail. Someone tells me: To be legal you need to buy Retail. Why OEM is not legal in this case?...
  5. Windows to retail key switched to oem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows to retail key switched to oem: So I recently built a new desktop, and I realized I had an old laptop with windows 10 on it, so I took the key from that pc and put it onto my new desktop. Everything is working great, but I am wanting to take the key off when I clone my ssd, so I can put it back on after....
  6. Windows 8 and Windows 10 OEM/Retail Keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 8 and Windows 10 OEM/Retail Keys: I had a laptop running Windows 8 with what I believe was an OEM key however after I upgraded to Windows 10 for free it became a Windows 10 Retail Key? someone explain that to me? And does that mean I'm able to use the key on another device assuming I deactivate it on the...
  7. OEM to Retail

OEM to Retail: I have OEM version of Windows 10 Home activated in my pc. Now I want to activate my Windows retail key with the same PC, Motherboard and everything [nothing's changed]. Is it possible?...
  8. Windows 10 Retail or OEM

Windows 10 Retail or OEM: I am thinking of upgrading my Windows 10 Home to Pro. My PC is about 7 years old and I bought it as a bare machine together with a Windows 8 disk which I installed myself. Over the years it has upgraded and is now Windows 10 2004. At some stage I will buy a new PC and...
  9. Retail Key becoming a OEM one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Retail Key becoming a OEM one: Quick question, if someone is able to assist me: Bought a New pc with no Win 10. Old PC has a retail Win 10. Can I change Product Key (here) on Old PC with a OEM key WITHOUT reinstalling Win, and then use the retail key in the New PC? Would this be a safe move? Thank you!...
  10. Replace Windows 10 OEM key with a retail key?

Replace Windows 10 OEM key with a retail key?: Hello. I'm currently running Windows 10 Home with an OEM license. I need to replace my motherboard, but I can't buy the same model because it's no longer being manufactured. Since I have my Windows installation set up the way I want it, I'd like to replace my OEM product...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 retail pack