Windows 10: Windows 10 Retail Transfer

Discus and support Windows 10 Retail Transfer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have purchased a retail copy of Windows 10 Home which I have been using for about 2 years on the bootcamped partition of my Macbook Pro. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ladd_D, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Ladd_D Win User

Windows 10 Retail Transfer

Hello, I have purchased a retail copy of Windows 10 Home which I have been using for about 2 years on the bootcamped partition of my Macbook Pro. I now have built a PC and would like to transfer the license to the new PC as I will no longer be using it on the Macbook. I cannot find the product key (and do not know if I ever received one.). In my Macbook's Activation settings it states "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account." I have not been able to find an associated product key even after searching through old email, and using CMD and Powershell requests.

Does anyone know how to transfer a digital license-activated copy? There is an option to "remove" my laptop from my Microsoft account. (the "Manage" option under "Devices" on my account's page). This does not convince me that it will remove the license like I want it to however. Thanks for the help!

:)

Ladd_D, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Andre Da Costa, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Retail Transfer

Upgrade editions, retail versions and transfers

Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't find any definite answers.

I have a few concerns regarding the free upgrade because I'll want to update all our home computers (5 total). 3 of them are running Windows 8.1 Professional Retail version, one is running Windows 7 Professional and one Windows 8.1 Home Edition OEM.

• Can someone confirm the upgrade edition assumptions below are correct?
    • Windows 8.1 Professional Retail -> Windows 10 Professional Retail
    • Windows 8.1 Home OEM -> Windows 10 Home OEM
    • Windows 7 Professional Retail -> Windows 10 Professional Retail
    2. Regarding the Windows 10 Professional Retail (once upgraded), are you able to transfer the OS to a different computer if needed like I'd be right now? Meaning you de-activate on current machine and then install / activate on second machine?

3. I also have a Surface 2 RT. Will there be an upgrade available for this too?

Thanks

Ales Potocnik Hahonina, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Retail Transfer

1. Windows 10 Retail Transfer - Similar Threads - Retail Transfer

2. How can I transfer my retail copy of Windows 10 Home from my old Microsoft account to my...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I transfer my retail copy of Windows 10 Home from my old Microsoft account to my...: Hi All,I need to transfer my retail copy of Windows 10 Home from my old Microsoft account to my new Microsoft Account. I have access to both accounts. I would like to consolidate all to the new account moving forward. Both the old and new MS account are on the same PC, so no...
  3. Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops

Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops: Dear TeamI am writing to inform you about the necessary upgrade of our office computer desktops, which are currently running on Windows 10 OS with the retail license keys associated.       As part of the upgrade process, we intend to replace the outdated desktops with new,...
  4. Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops: Dear TeamI am writing to inform you about the necessary upgrade of our office computer desktops, which are currently running on Windows 10 OS with the retail license keys associated.       As part of the upgrade process, we intend to replace the outdated desktops with new,...
  5. Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware

Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware: I started a hardware upgrade project recently with the intention of upgrading the motherboard and CPU. During a partial disassembly I realized I would need to buy a new case and also that I can't get the hard drive fully out of the plastic tray it was mounted in. The original...
  7. Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware: I started a hardware upgrade project recently with the intention of upgrading the motherboard and CPU. During a partial disassembly I realized I would need to buy a new case and also that I can't get the hard drive fully out of the plastic tray it was mounted in. The original...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 Retail License to new hardware

9. How do i transfer my windows 10 pro retail license windows store from a dead pc to this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i transfer my windows 10 pro retail license windows store from a dead pc to this...: My old laptop windows 10 with a pro key bought at Microsoft Store died. How do i transfer that license to this Windows 10 Home Edition pc?thanks...
  10. How do i transfer my windows 10 pro retail license windows store from a dead pc to this...

How do i transfer my windows 10 pro retail license windows store from a dead pc to this...: My old laptop windows 10 with a pro key bought at Microsoft Store died. How do i transfer that license to this Windows 10 Home Edition pc?thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer microsoft games to new account