Windows 10: Windows 10 Retail Version

Discus and support Windows 10 Retail Version in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Can I Install Windows 10 Retail Version(Purchased) in multiple PC at a time? If so, how many times can I do that and how to install that product to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Subhamkundu, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Retail Version

Can I Install Windows 10 Retail Version(Purchased) in multiple PC at a time? If so, how many times can I do that and how to install that product to another laptop with the same product key?

:)

Subhamkundu, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2019
  3. sabgenton Win User
    Has anyone moved the free windows 10 'Retail version' to another PC successfully?

I read on a questions and answers thread on Microsofts website that the free Windows 10 becomes the type it was upgraded from (e.g retail version).

Other threads seem to conclude it still acts like an OEM even in the case of the retail version binding only to the hardware it was first installed on.

Has anybody managed to reinstall Windows 10 on a new computer upgraded from a retail windows, or did it lock to the First hardware?

The EULA states "you may transfer the software to another device that belongs to you" so it looks possible ...

Steps to try:

• Install windows 7/8.1 retail on machine A
    • Upgrade to windows 10 for free.
    • Uninstall windows completely from machine A
    • Install the same windows 7/8 retail on machine B
    • Upgrade to windows 10 again (here's hoping)

If someone has already done the first to steps feel free to try see if it works!

I personally don't want to try the first to steps just in case I can't transfer it after if anyone has done this or has some insight please let me know.

sabgenton, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Retail Version

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Retail Version

1. Windows 10 Retail Version - Similar Threads - Retail Version

2. Why won't my valid copy of windows server 2016 activate. Full retail version on NEW hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my valid copy of windows server 2016 activate. Full retail version on NEW hard drive: i had to replace my hard drives on my system running Windows Server 2016. I purchased a retail version of this software. After installing it won't activate & the trouble shooter won't work. how do I get this VALID version to activate?...
  3. Why won't my valid copy of windows server 2016 activate. Full retail version on NEW hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why won't my valid copy of windows server 2016 activate. Full retail version on NEW hard drive: i had to replace my hard drives on my system running Windows Server 2016. I purchased a retail version of this software. After installing it won't activate & the trouble shooter won't work. how do I get this VALID version to activate?...
  4. Why won't my valid copy of windows server 2016 activate. Full retail version on NEW hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can I change my windows 10 oem to a retail version of windows 10 in 2023 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I change my windows 10 oem to a retail version of windows 10 in 2023 ?: Hi, I currently use an OEM version of windows 10 on my fairly old computer. I'm planning to change pretty much all my hardware except for my more recent ssd where my windows is installed. I'd like to buy a retail windows license to be able to move my ssd to a new hardware...
  6. Can I change my windows 10 oem to a retail version of windows 10 in 2023 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change my windows 10 oem to a retail version of windows 10 in 2023 ?: Hi, I currently use an OEM version of windows 10 on my fairly old computer. I'm planning to change pretty much all my hardware except for my more recent ssd where my windows is installed. I'd like to buy a retail windows license to be able to move my ssd to a new hardware...
  7. Can I change my windows 10 oem to a retail version of windows 10 in 2023 ?

8. windows 11 pro is a retail version? please confirm.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 pro is a retail version? please confirm.: windows 11 pro is a retail version? please confirm. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pro-is-a-retail-version-please-confirm/6e184499-4619-42fb-9124-8b5b097a2842
  9. windows 11 pro is a retail version? please confirm.

windows 11 pro is a retail version? please confirm.: windows 11 pro is a retail version? please confirm. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pro-is-a-retail-version-please-confirm/6e184499-4619-42fb-9124-8b5b097a2842
  10. Where can I find a copy of Windows 10 Professional 64 bit retail version in Canada from a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find a copy of Windows 10 Professional 64 bit retail version in Canada from a...: Refer to the question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-a-copy-of-windows-10-professional/967ae755-ff8e-4680-9982-c1d1292f85a0