Windows 10: Windows 10 Retail Version

Discus and support Windows 10 Retail Version in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Can I Install Windows 10 Retail Version(Purchased) in multiple PC at a time? If so, how many times can I do that and how to install that product to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Subhamkundu, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Retail Version

Can I Install Windows 10 Retail Version(Purchased) in multiple PC at a time? If so, how many times can I do that and how to install that product to another laptop with the same product key?

:)

Subhamkundu, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2019
  3. sabgenton Win User
    Has anyone moved the free windows 10 'Retail version' to another PC successfully?

I read on a questions and answers thread on Microsofts website that the free Windows 10 becomes the type it was upgraded from (e.g retail version).

Other threads seem to conclude it still acts like an OEM even in the case of the retail version binding only to the hardware it was first installed on.

Has anybody managed to reinstall Windows 10 on a new computer upgraded from a retail windows, or did it lock to the First hardware?

The EULA states "you may transfer the software to another device that belongs to you" so it looks possible ...

Steps to try:

• Install windows 7/8.1 retail on machine A
    • Upgrade to windows 10 for free.
    • Uninstall windows completely from machine A
    • Install the same windows 7/8 retail on machine B
    • Upgrade to windows 10 again (here's hoping)

If someone has already done the first to steps feel free to try see if it works!

I personally don't want to try the first to steps just in case I can't transfer it after if anyone has done this or has some insight please let me know.

sabgenton, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Retail Version

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Retail Version

1. Windows 10 Retail Version - Similar Threads - Retail Version

2. What version of windows 10 is on the retail copy?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What version of windows 10 is on the retail copy?: Hi there, going to be building a new PC in the next month or so and I purchased (last month 06/19) a retail copy of win10 (existing PC upgraded from win7) for it (wanted multiple license reuse in the case of motherboard changes) just wondering what version of windows 10 is on...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Full Pack Original Retail Version.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Full Pack Original Retail Version.: To All The MVPs, Need your expert advice / guide point wise on listed below questions on above subject: I am in the process of buying Windows 10 Professional Full Pack Original Retail Version 1. How can I ensure it is Original Retail Version before installation as well...
  4. How To Know Whether Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit Full Pack Retail Version Is Original...

How To Know Whether Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit Full Pack Retail Version Is Original...: To The MVPs, I have following queries: 1. How to ensure that Windows 10 Professional 64 bit Full Pack Retail Version is Genuine Original or not; a) Before installation (How to identify it from the label on sealed box of Windows 10 Pro Product) b) After installation...
  5. Windows 10 pro retail box version number

Windows 10 pro retail box version number: How do you determine what version of Windows 10 Pro comes in a retail box. The last update crashed my computer with hardware incompatibilities. It was an upgrade from Windows 7 Pro that was installed from retail purchase. However, during a move the Windows 7 Pro got lost. I...
  6. Upgraded Windows 10 from Home to Pro version. Windows Enterprise Retail installed itself...

Upgraded Windows 10 from Home to Pro version. Windows Enterprise Retail installed itself...: This is like a Greek tragedy or something. I need to run Docker on my Lenovo Yoga 900 laptop. To do so I must upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, as previously I had Home installed. Last night, I went online and purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade for $143 after tax, and Windows...
  7. Big Box Store sold me Windows 10 Home retail version in the wrong language. Now will not...

Big Box Store sold me Windows 10 Home retail version in the wrong language. Now will not...: Hello Everyone. I hope someone can help me. I recently bought Windows 10 Home edition. It is the (Retail Version) for $120.00+tax. When I decided to install it, I opened the box and discovered everything written in the Spanish language. I knew then the store gave me the...
  8. Looking to buy a legitimate retail version of Win Home 64bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking to buy a legitimate retail version of Win Home 64bit: Trying to find a legitimate Windows 10 Home 64bit. It's confusing looking online because they have USB, download and OEM versions. I don't see any discs, like I have with my Windows 7. You guys have always hel[ed me in the past so I'm here looking for somewhere to buy a...
  9. Windows 10 Professional License transfer to another computer; Retail vs. OEM version...

Windows 10 Professional License transfer to another computer; Retail vs. OEM version...: 1. How do I determine if my version is a Retail or is an OEM version? 2. Can the Retail or OEM nature of the version be determined by the Product Key itself? 3. I am aware that: "If you upgrade from a retail version, it carries the rights of a retail version....
  10. Moving full retail version of Windows 10 to different computer

Moving full retail version of Windows 10 to different computer: 1. I bought a full retail boxed version of Windows 10 Home on USB stick. 2. I installed it onto my Macbook using Parallels software. 3. I now have a new Macbook that can run Windows 10 with Bootcamp, no need for Parallels. 4. How do i deactivate the Windows app on old...