Windows 10: Windows 10 Rev 2004 won't allow reinstall of HP P1102w printer

Discus and support Windows 10 Rev 2004 won't allow reinstall of HP P1102w printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greg: After updating to Microsoft OS version 2004 on Lenovo Laptop my older HP Laserjet P1102w printer would not print from my laptop or my wife's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CraigM3852, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Rev 2004 won't allow reinstall of HP P1102w printer

Greg: After updating to Microsoft OS version 2004 on Lenovo Laptop my older HP Laserjet P1102w printer would not print from my laptop or my wife's Dell Desktop. I read your Independant Advisor to Rita, and I took the easy way to resolve the issue by uninstalling my printer. I then downloaded the appropriate driver from HP and double clicked it to install the software. hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v20180815-50157036.exe

The install would not complete and gave me this message "Extraction Failed - Can not delete output file". So, I thought I'd better see if my Lenovo has the latest driver updates. I updated to the latest drivers with the exception of the FWupdate.exe which User Account Control gave me the following: In Red An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact your administrator. that's me and I ran it as Administrator.

The HP P1102w printer is an older printer, and it works well. I just purchased a toner cartridge for it $$$$.

So I wanted to be able to use it, and not have to purchase another. I have an HP OfficeJet 9010 I just purchased which works well. However, the cost to run it is more expensive that the HP P1102w. Both PC's are now on Windows 10 version 2004.

I could go back to the previous version of Windows 10, but that's not what I wish to do. I did take pictures of all the error messages. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Craig

:)

CraigM3852, Aug 2, 2020

2. HP Laserjet p1102W not printing

I got a new laptop loaded with Windows 10 Home in S mode. Is HP LaserJet P1102W compatible with this windows version? Why is it that in the devices and printers from the control panel shows the default printer is NPIA2B27B(HP LaserJet Professional P1102w).
    Is this the reason why I cannot print with my said printer? Anyone please help me with this matter. Thanks...

Pepito Acosta, Aug 2, 2020
  3. HP Laserjet P1102W printer is not able to print in the wireless mode

Original Title: HP Laserjet P1102W printer

Will not print in wireless mode

OscarSuranyi, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Rev 2004 won't allow reinstall of HP P1102w printer

Wireless printer(HP LJ P1102W) does not work with Windows 10. Error: 'attention required'

Hello James,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to understand the issue better, provide us a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the computer you are using?
    • Did you check if other printer devices work with the same computer?
    • Did you use the Windows inbuilt printer troubleshooter?
    • Did you check if the printer device is detected in the
      Device Manager
      settings?
    • Also, do you mean reinstalling the driver when you say 'I've tried reinstalling it'?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check for the latest updates in Windows 10 which helps the PC to make optimal use of Windows 10 capabilities as well as fixing any missing links in performance of the operating system.

To check for updates now, go to Settings > Update& security > Windows Update, and select
    Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Now, before proceeding any further, refer to the below Microsoft Help Link and check if it helps.

Fix Printer Problems

Now, refer to the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Change the service type to Automatic.

a. Press Windows +R keys.

b. Type
    services.msc in the box and press enter.

c. Now locate services called
    Print Spooler, make sure the services are Started and set to
    Automatic.

d. To set the service to automatic,
    right click on the service and click automatic.

e. Click
    Apply and then click ok.

Method 2

Ensure to install and update the printer device drivers from
    Device Manager
    settings and check if it helps.

Reference: Update drivers in Windows 10

Also, visit the below manufacturer's website link and check if you have the latest support for software and drivers for the printer device you are using.

HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer

Additionally, refer to the below discussion in HP Support Forums and check if the information provided is helpful.

hp laserjet pro p1102w does not work on windows 10 - printer requires attention

Write to us with the updated results and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Rev 2004 won't allow reinstall of HP P1102w printer

1. Windows 10 Rev 2004 won't allow reinstall of HP P1102w printer - Similar Threads - Rev 2004 won't

2. Why can you not solve the printer driver issue with HP P1102w printers - there are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can you not solve the printer driver issue with HP P1102w printers - there are...: I run Office 365 so was forced into upgrading my PCs to windows - 10The Office 365 upgrade was altered NOT to run on Windows 7I absolutely hate Windows 10 - it is so buggy - it should not have been released.It is an absolute catastrophe.I waste more time troubleshooting...
  3. Why can you not solve the printer driver issue with HP P1102w printers - there are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can you not solve the printer driver issue with HP P1102w printers - there are...: I run Office 365 so was forced into upgrading my PCs to windows - 10The Office 365 upgrade was altered NOT to run on Windows 7I absolutely hate Windows 10 - it is so buggy - it should not have been released.It is an absolute catastrophe.I waste more time troubleshooting...
  4. Why can you not solve the printer driver issue with HP P1102w printers - there are...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 can't install HP LaserJet P1102W Windows 10 driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can't install HP LaserJet P1102W Windows 10 driver: Hello...I am trying to install my HP LaserJet P1102W in Windows 11 Pro 64 bits using the Windows 10 driver I used before.After detecting the printer by way of the USB cable and identifying it, the driver installation shows "Printer installation failed. A new printer was not...
  6. HP Printer won't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Printer won't work: I am getting a warning that I cannot upload or down load documents because my cached credentials have expired. It wants our email address, and a pin number. Is this for the printer or the word program, outlook, WHAT?...
  7. HP Laserjet p1102W not printing

HP Laserjet p1102W not printing: I got a new laptop loaded with Windows 10 Home in S mode. Is HP LaserJet P1102W compatible with this windows version? Why is it that in the devices and printers from the control panel shows the default printer is NPIA2B27BHP LaserJet Professional P1102w. Is this the reason...
  8. Network Problems / Printer HP P1102w

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Problems / Printer HP P1102w: Hi, I have a problem with my Lenovo Laptop. After my update, I began to have problems with printing documents to my wireless printer. What I'm doing is I disconnect first my wireless connection and reconnect it. What must I do to make it work like before without doing the...
  9. HP printers won't work

HP printers won't work: Have a laptop with WIndows 10. Have 2 different HP photosmart printers. Usually just use the one and all has been fine - except for the couple of weeks. Now nothing prints on either. I've uninstalled/reinstalled each printer. When something does print it's just a bunch...
  10. Windows 10 Won't Install HP Printer?

Windows 10 Won't Install HP Printer?: I've had this problem for about a week now. It says this in Windows Update: "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: • HP - Printers -...