Windows 10: Windows 10 revert back to old update?

Discus and support Windows 10 revert back to old update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I recently had to reset my PC and did not like the new Windows format and everything. A lot of my applications broke from this windows 2004... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FaZeMcKid, Jun 4, 2020.

1. FaZeMcKid Win User

Windows 10 revert back to old update?

Hello, I recently had to reset my PC and did not like the new Windows format and everything. A lot of my applications broke from this windows 2004 update and I would like to revert it back to Windows 1909. Is there any way of this as a lot of my friends still have 1909 windows?

:)

FaZeMcKid, Jun 4, 2020

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

No, the license only applies to the Windows 8 OEM copy the original owner purchased with laptop, it doesn't magically transform into Windows 8.1 Retail one.

OK, so here's the commonly recommended steps that should help you with your problem.

Before you begin, I would recommend you to download both of these files and save them on your USB drive in order to use it later as the only source of third-party packages:
    1. The first step would be to recover the original Windows installation using your hard drive partition (the thing that you've done before, I believe). Follow the steps described here (http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03544793#N258) and see if you missed anything. By the end of this operation, make so that your HP product is not connected to any sort of network.

2. Configure your HP device to boot in "clean" mode as described here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135). Restart once.

3. Run the first file you've downloaded (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/sp67259.exe) from your just-recovered Windows copy and follow the steps required.

4. Run the AMD package (http://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd-catalyst-14.4-64bit-win8.1-win8-win7-whql-aug.exe). Choose the "Advanced" installation option in order to be able to opt-out the "AMD/Raprt App" and "HydraVision" packages.

5. Establish an Internet connection. Run "Windows Store" tile from your Start screen, and select "Windows 8.1" package.

6. Once you're done with your migration from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, you can install all the critical updates offered by Windows Update, which would be driver software, then Windows 8.1 Update package (KB2919442 > KB2919355 > KB2932046 > KB2959977 > KB2937592 > KB2938439 > KB2934018), "August" Update (KB2993651 > KB2975719 > KB2993100 > KB2979582 > KB2990532 > KB2995004) and .NET Framework 4.5.2 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642).

Tenforo, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 revert back to old update? - Similar Threads - revert old update

2. Revert back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert back to Windows 10: Ever since I allow Win11 to be installed my "brand new" computer has extreme slowness.I DETEST Win11 - I know I am "past" the allowable window - but I want to restore Win10 - How do I do that?...
  3. Revert back to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Revert back to Windows 10: Ever since I allow Win11 to be installed my "brand new" computer has extreme slowness.I DETEST Win11 - I know I am "past" the allowable window - but I want to restore Win10 - How do I do that?...
  4. reverting back to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reverting back to windows 10: i updated to windows 11 and its not compatible with the software i run for work, can i revert back to win10? how do i stop the prompt for updating to windows 11 after i switch back?...
  5. reverting back to windows 10

reverting back to windows 10: i updated to windows 11 and its not compatible with the software i run for work, can i revert back to win10? how do i stop the prompt for updating to windows 11 after i switch back?...
  6. Favorites reverting back to an old sync?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Favorites reverting back to an old sync?: submitted by /u/GiusMara [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m8dapr/favorites_reverting_back_to_an_old_sync/
  7. How to revert back to old Edge on 20H2?

How to revert back to old Edge on 20H2?: Just installed the October update and I want the old Edge back. The new edge is obviously better as a browser, but as a PDF reader the old edge is way smoother (I run the Chromium version on the Beta channel to not overwrite the original version) How do you revert it back?...
  8. Windows Keeps reverting back to old changes.

Windows Keeps reverting back to old changes.: So I've just switched off from 1798 x 1080p to native resolution. And when I did it just switched me back or made my monitor run at 60hz which is bs since i know that It can handle 75hz on native res because I didn't have to overclock it at all. But it still keeps switching...
  9. Windows 10 Update Getting reverting Back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Getting reverting Back: My windows Windows 10 Laptop, if use the option Update and restart, As a part of update process computer does couple of restarts after that computer get shutdown by itselfall the lights - power etc. stop glowing. Even if we wait for long time it wont restart by itself,...
  10. cortana updated look and now reverted back to old look...

cortana updated look and now reverted back to old look...: Hey, i remember at the begining of september or so cortana had a changed look and was wider.. out of the blue it reverted back to the old look... is this happening to everyone? how do i get the new look back? 119395