Windows 10: Windows 10 reverted back to earlier version from Windows Update.

Discus and support Windows 10 reverted back to earlier version from Windows Update. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I woke up this morning and as I went to login to my PC it was obviously doing some type of update because it was asking me to 'Finish Setting up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mel-FNQ, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Mel-FNQ Win User

Windows 10 reverted back to earlier version from Windows Update.

Hi,I woke up this morning and as I went to login to my PC it was obviously doing some type of update because it was asking me to 'Finish Setting up your PC'. It then asked me to login to Windows all over again. It shows in my System properties that I'm still running Windows 10. However it's reverted back to a much earlier version with absolutely no input or permission from myself. I see a totally different desktop with dated folders and files and am missing all my recent folders and files. As a result I've not lost a lot of my work files, emails, passwords etc.It also shows 'Backup and Restore

:)

Mel-FNQ, Oct 18, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2021
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Oct 18, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 reverted back to earlier version from Windows Update. - Similar Threads - reverted earlier version

2. Updating from Windows 10, version 1909 or an earlier version to 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating from Windows 10, version 1909 or an earlier version to 21H2: Hello Team,There are still few machines running on Windows 10, version 1909 or an earlier version and I need to upgrade them to 21H2 ASAP without impacting their data/software. I am unable to find any relevant plan mentioned. It will be a great help if someone can suggest me...
  3. Windows Build update reverted my windows to an earlier version!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Build update reverted my windows to an earlier version!!: I tried updating my windows build and after installing and restarting my computer, I signed in to my account. After signing in, I noticed that it has reverted to an older version of my computer with old setup of files, old desktop placement and more. How do I fix this? Send...
  4. Windows Build update reverted my windows to an earlier version!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Build update reverted my windows to an earlier version!!: I tried updating my windows build and after installing and restarting my computer, I signed in to my account. After signing in, I noticed that it has reverted to an older version of my computer with old setup of files, old desktop placement and more. How do I fix this? Send...
  5. Windows Build update reverted my windows to an earlier version!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 reverted back to earlier version from Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 reverted back to earlier version from Windows Update.: Hi,I woke up this morning and as I went to login to my PC it was obviously doing some type of update because it was asking me to 'Finish Setting up your PC'. It then asked me to login to Windows all over again. It shows in my System properties that I'm still running Windows...
  7. Windows 10 reverted back to earlier version from Windows Update.

Windows 10 reverted back to earlier version from Windows Update.: Hi,I woke up this morning and as I went to login to my PC it was obviously doing some type of update because it was asking me to 'Finish Setting up your PC'. It then asked me to login to Windows all over again. It shows in my System properties that I'm still running Windows...
  8. Revert to earlier version

Revert to earlier version: I did a clean install of 20h2 with a Win 10 flash dirve that I purchased. After numerous issues black screen, blue screen, freezes I figured out that the new Win 10 20H2 does not like my EVGA nVidia GTX 1060 6Gb graphics card. It actually hates it. If I install the card, the...
  9. Reverting to an earlier version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting to an earlier version?: Hello, I just (last night) "upgraded" win 7 64bit to win 10. Seeing that the 1903 version is already out, it is what it loaded. Problem is, it is already causing conflicts with some programs. I need to be on the 1803/09 version. If i try to revert to previous versions,...
  10. How do I revert back to an earlier Windows version

How do I revert back to an earlier Windows version: Since the upgrade to Windows 10 I have had continuous problems. Windows Live mail will barely function at all - just freezes every time I try to open it. IE 11 continually shows script errors despite disabling script debugging and I cannot print anything from the internet...