Windows 10: Windows 10 reverting graphics drivers... SOLVED!

Discus and support Windows 10 reverting graphics drivers... SOLVED! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had been fighting a "war" if you will, against Windows 10. Every time I changed or upgraded my AMD graphics driver, Windows 10 thinks it knows better... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mac McAllister, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Windows 10 reverting graphics drivers... SOLVED!

I had been fighting a "war" if you will, against Windows 10. Every time I changed or upgraded my AMD graphics driver, Windows 10 thinks it knows better and reverts it back to barely above factory standards.

After each time, it would revert after 2 to 4 days, for example, from 21.19 to 15.200. There was no reason for this whatsoever. The drivers work perfectly, but for some reason Windows 10 thought it knew better.

Well, I figured out a workaround! Ok, "figured out" is kind of a misnomer. In total frustration, I rolled back the bare bones driver, and the driver I installed was back and functioning perfectly!

So, to all the others suffering the same garbage Windows 10 threw at me, here's your answer! Just install a driver you know will work, then check Updates, let Windows install their sorry excuse for a driver, and then roll it back. Your driver will be back, and Windows can't do anything to stop you after a driver is rolled back.

I hope this helps! :

:)

Mac McAllister, Mar 7, 2021

2. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 reverting graphics drivers... SOLVED!

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 reverting graphics drivers... SOLVED!

1. Windows 10 reverting graphics drivers... SOLVED! - Similar Threads - reverting graphics drivers

2. Windows keep revert to the old version of graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keep revert to the old version of graphics driver: The latest version of my graphic driver is IntelR Iris R Xe Graphics Version: 31.0.101.4577, but the windows keep using the old version which is IntelR Iris R Xe Graphics Version: 30.0.101.1994. I tried many ways to prevent windows revert to the old driver version but is not...
  3. reverting to an older graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reverting to an older graphics driver: I recently updated my graphics driver to a newer one and now windows 11 is trying to revert it back to an older version. I want to know why when the computer runs a LOT smoother on this new graphics update....
  4. reverting to an older graphics driver

reverting to an older graphics driver: I recently updated my graphics driver to a newer one and now windows 11 is trying to revert it back to an older version. I want to know why when the computer runs a LOT smoother on this new graphics update....
  5. Windows update reverting graphics driver to outdated version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update reverting graphics driver to outdated version: Hi there!Every couple of days, no matter how often I update my graphics driver AMD adrenaline 2022 windows will "update" it to an older version AMD adrenaline 2021 when I turn my laptop on. Anyone know what the issue is?I don't particularly want to disable updates in general...
  6. Windows update reverting graphics driver to outdated version

Windows update reverting graphics driver to outdated version: Hi there!Every couple of days, no matter how often I update my graphics driver AMD adrenaline 2022 windows will "update" it to an older version AMD adrenaline 2021 when I turn my laptop on. Anyone know what the issue is?I don't particularly want to disable updates in general...
  7. Windows update reverting graphics driver to outdated version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows is reverting my graphics driver to an older version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is reverting my graphics driver to an older version: I have an Acer Aspire E5 571 running Windows 10. The CPU is an Intel i5 5200U that has an iGPU Intel HD Graphics 5500. The latest driver for this iGPU is the 20.19.15.5171 from 11/04/2020, downloaded from the official Intel website. Windows reverts this driver back to...
  9. Windows is reverting my graphics driver to an older version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is reverting my graphics driver to an older version: I have an Acer Aspire E5 571 running Windows 10. The CPU is an Intel i5 5200U that has an iGPU Intel HD Graphics 5500. The latest driver for this iGPU is the 20.19.15.5171 from 11/04/2020, downloaded from the official Intel website. Windows reverts this driver back to...
  10. Windows is reverting my graphics driver to an older version