Windows 10: windows 10 reverting version

Discus and support windows 10 reverting version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've got an update earlier last month. I decided to not update. And windows somehow updated by itself. 2 days after, when I wanted to revert it, I saw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Just a weeb, Dec 9, 2020.

1. windows 10 reverting version

I've got an update earlier last month. I decided to not update. And windows somehow updated by itself. 2 days after, when I wanted to revert it, I saw files were deleted and it has only been 2 days. And according to the policy of Microsoft, files are deleted after 10 days, not 2 days. And there is no checkpoint I can return to. My laptop will actually go to service and will also have it's HDD changed most likely due to some issues. But I'm asking as there are surely other people out there who needs help about this.

windows 10 reverting version 2b31d6ca-ab9f-4282-a5fc-7da327dcca90?upload=true.png

:)

Just a weeb, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

windows 10 reverting version

Windows keeps reverting back to previous version.

Hi Josh,

The issue with Windows 10 update reverting back to previous version could be due to corruption in Windows Update component files.

We would like to ask some information to better assist you with your concern:

• Which previous build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

We suggest that you try to run
    Windows update troubleshooter
    and check if it works.

Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 reverting version

1. windows 10 reverting version - Similar Threads - reverting version

2. Will a reset revert to initial windows version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a reset revert to initial windows version?: Hi, idk what's been going on but my laptop has crashed many times today. I've received multiple error codes as well hypervisor, stopcode, critical process died, srttrail - more on this later but it's all been in chinese so I've been super lost and flustered about what the...
  3. Will a reset revert to initial windows version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will a reset revert to initial windows version?: Hi, idk what's been going on but my laptop has crashed many times today. I've received multiple error codes as well hypervisor, stopcode, critical process died, srttrail - more on this later but it's all been in chinese so I've been super lost and flustered about what the...
  4. Turn off auto-updates and revert to an older version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off auto-updates and revert to an older version?: I did not expect things like MS Paint to get auto-updates, or updates at all. Now the app which has remained simplistic and quick to use and navigate has become complicated, difficult, and sluggish.I'm on a new install of windows 11, but just today MS Paint seemed to update...
  5. Turn off auto-updates and revert to an older version?

Turn off auto-updates and revert to an older version?: I did not expect things like MS Paint to get auto-updates, or updates at all. Now the app which has remained simplistic and quick to use and navigate has become complicated, difficult, and sluggish.I'm on a new install of windows 11, but just today MS Paint seemed to update...
  6. Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?

Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?: Hello all,I have an old laptop and, according to the sticker on the bottom, it came pre-installed with Windows 7 Pro it also has a security key printed on it.The laptop was downgraded to Windows XP to enable it to run old software which, at the time, wasn't Windows 7...
  7. Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?: Hello all,I have an old laptop and, according to the sticker on the bottom, it came pre-installed with Windows 7 Pro it also has a security key printed on it.The laptop was downgraded to Windows XP to enable it to run old software which, at the time, wasn't Windows 7...
  8. Microsoft reverts Windows 10’s File Explorer to pre-19H2 version, removes OneDrive search bar

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reverts Windows 10’s File Explorer to pre-19H2 version, removes OneDrive search bar: The search bar in your File Explorer may look different after installing Windows 10’s December 2023 Update (KB5033372). After the update, you might notice the search bar is smaller vertically, and the classic search without Microsoft 365 or OneDrive integration is back. When...
  9. Windows reverted to old version and wiped HDD please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reverted to old version and wiped HDD please help.: Hi I need some help, so I was using my computer as normal and a message popped up saying it started a update then my PC restarted I logged back in again and its reverted back to windows 10 home when I was previously on windows 11 pro, and for some reason its also completely...
  10. Windows reverted to old version and wiped HDD please help.

Windows reverted to old version and wiped HDD please help.: Hi I need some help, so I was using my computer as normal and a message popped up saying it started a update then my PC restarted I logged back in again and its reverted back to windows 10 home when I was previously on windows 11 pro, and for some reason its also completely...