Windows 10: Windows 10 reverts its update changes after updater reboots pc

Discus and support Windows 10 reverts its update changes after updater reboots pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been trying to get the Net framework 4.8 to install on my computer but it seems that since I'm on version 1607 64 bit, I can't get NF 4.8 without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HuskyKurai, May 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 reverts its update changes after updater reboots pc

I've been trying to get the Net framework 4.8 to install on my computer but it seems that since I'm on version 1607 64 bit, I can't get NF 4.8 without updating my windows and when I got windows 10 I disabled it from updating at all after hearing about the '[I'm updating myself right now and you can't tell me to do it later]'. Running the Update and Security version just shrinks its list to Feature Update 1803 and while it isn't showing it anymore I believe it also had Feature Update 1903 if I got the number correct. It will then just sit at 'Downloading Updates 0%'. I've run the Microsoft websites first download option and Media Creation Tool option maybe correctly but just failing to get it to stick the updates but when it runs the updating nicely and gives a 'rebooting in a little bit', it ends up rebooting the PC with the black screen with two white text lines asking to 'insert media boot device etc etc' or the more colorful grey text 'Windows failed to run so you should try to insert some repairing media device and reboot'. After simply turning off the pc and starting it up again it then goes to 'Undoing changes made to your pc', followed by saying 'an error happened with SAFE_OS'.

If anything, I just want to get the Net Framework 4.8 installed to my computer to work and If I can just get specific files placed in locations to get it to work i'll do that but if I have to get the win10 version updated then I want to get that done. Any help would be great.

:)

HuskyKurai, May 28, 2020
  2. RCoon Win User

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

Have you followed their advice? Install one update at a time and reboot after each one. It's a long process, but if that's the solution, and you want a working laptop, I see no other option.

As for a windows 8.1 iso, it's easy. I literally did this 2 weeks ago to my PC.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

EDIT: Also, if you go direct to HP, they actually tell you to go into the BIOS, disabled "Secure boot" run the updates and reboot, and then turn "Secure boot" back on. Have you done as HP suggested?

RCoon, May 28, 2020
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, May 28, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 reverts its update changes after updater reboots pc

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 reverts its update changes after updater reboots pc

1. Windows 10 reverts its update changes after updater reboots pc - Similar Threads - reverts update changes

2. windows 10 failed to update reverting changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 failed to update reverting changes: Title says it all. Im having issues with the latest update even though ive had no issues for the passed 3 years which makes me think the latest update is scuffed. i even tried the Net stop WuauservNet stop BitsNet stop CryptosvcNet stop Msiserverthen i deleted the software...
  3. windows 10 failed to update reverting changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 failed to update reverting changes: Title says it all. Im having issues with the latest update even though ive had no issues for the passed 3 years which makes me think the latest update is scuffed. i even tried the Net stop WuauservNet stop BitsNet stop CryptosvcNet stop Msiserverthen i deleted the software...
  4. windows 10 failed to update reverting changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC does not reboot after update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC does not reboot after update.: Ok this is not the first time. After an update a couple of days ago my computer would not reboot, it just goes into a blank screen mode. I backed out the update and all was fine until Microsoft did the update again and it would not reboot on the restart for the update. I have...
  6. PC does not reboot after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC does not reboot after update.: Ok this is not the first time. After an update a couple of days ago my computer would not reboot, it just goes into a blank screen mode. I backed out the update and all was fine until Microsoft did the update again and it would not reboot on the restart for the update. I have...
  7. PC does not reboot after update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. changes to registry revert after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    changes to registry revert after reboot: I need to make changes in HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\. I am able to do that with Regedit or with importing a .reg file. The change is made. I reboot, and the Registry key is back to what it was before the change. I have changed the ownership of the key to myself....
  9. PC won’t reboot after recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC won’t reboot after recent Windows 10 update: my windows 10 recently told me that there was a critical update of some sort. So i downloaded and installed the update. Upon the automatica reset of mt PC, now my pc wont get past the motherboard’s splash screen. Like seriously how the hell is this happening? I cant...
  10. PC reboot loop after update to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    PC reboot loop after update to Windows 10: Good morning everyone, I was using a machine with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, and it was working perfect till the day I upgraded to Windows 10. First, I had a few problems during the update, probably due to the not updated (with the last drivers) nVidia card. My specs:...