Windows 10: Windows 10 Reverts settings

Discus and support Windows 10 Reverts settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does anyone know what policies I might have to set to keep certain windows settings? I recently upgraded my network were a school and already have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Keith Desoisa, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Reverts settings

Does anyone know what policies I might have to set to keep certain windows settings?

I recently upgraded my network were a school and already have lots of Policies

1. Staff keep loosing the start Menu program list. Weirdly enough, I went to place software on their desktop as a temporary fix and all of the sudden all the software started populating on their start menu.
    2. Microsoft Outlook keeps loosing staff shared mailboxes and Calendars. If I go into settings and manually add them, all of a sudden they populate. now getting 2 copies of each rather than one. Its as if my interaction kicks it into gear.
    3. Google chrome Bookmarks keep disappearing.
    4. Keyboard Settings keep reverting back to US English rather than UK even though set correctly on Group Policy.

All these seem to happen after a period of time, or reboot, log off and on again. It sounds like Group Policy updates and resets it all but the settings are correct. and if I do a manual GP Update, it doesn't revert the settings.

Any ideas please, Staff are getting really restless and aggravated with these issues.

I also need Sticky notes back.

Thanks Keith Desoisa

:)

Keith Desoisa, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 Reverts settings

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Reverts settings

1. Windows 10 Reverts settings - Similar Threads - Reverts settings

2. Settings revert after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings revert after Windows update: Everytime Windows 11 updates, settings and functions no longer work the way I had them set up. For example, there is some issue with linking to help in excel. I keep getting an error message "Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again". I fixed...
  3. Settings revert after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings revert after Windows update: Everytime Windows 11 updates, settings and functions no longer work the way I had them set up. For example, there is some issue with linking to help in excel. I keep getting an error message "Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again". I fixed...
  4. Windows 11 laptop will not revert to normal monitor settings with KVM deselected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop will not revert to normal monitor settings with KVM deselected: I have two laptops running Windows 11 one HP Elitebook, one Lenovo ideapad 3 connected to a shared monitor via a HDMI/USB KVM iogear GSCV32HU switch. When I activate the KVM switch to change the shared monitor between the laptops, one laptop will revert to normal screen...
  5. Windows 11 laptop will not revert to normal monitor settings with KVM deselected

Windows 11 laptop will not revert to normal monitor settings with KVM deselected: I have two laptops running Windows 11 one HP Elitebook, one Lenovo ideapad 3 connected to a shared monitor via a HDMI/USB KVM iogear GSCV32HU switch. When I activate the KVM switch to change the shared monitor between the laptops, one laptop will revert to normal screen...
  6. New desktop computer keeps reverting to Laptop's desktop. Apps, Icons and settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New desktop computer keeps reverting to Laptop's desktop. Apps, Icons and settings.: 1st Problem is, my new desktop keeps reverting to my old laptop. Apps, desktop and icons. I have reset the desktop twice. I last for maybe 10-15 minutes then goes to the laptop. 2nd, I keep getting the, "Site can't be reached" when using the web browser. It is connected to...
  7. New desktop computer keeps reverting to Laptop's desktop. Apps, Icons and settings.

New desktop computer keeps reverting to Laptop's desktop. Apps, Icons and settings.: 1st Problem is, my new desktop keeps reverting to my old laptop. Apps, desktop and icons. I have reset the desktop twice. I last for maybe 10-15 minutes then goes to the laptop. 2nd, I keep getting the, "Site can't be reached" when using the web browser. It is connected to...
  8. Want to set up pin, but Windows wants a phone for verification. How to revert to an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to set up pin, but Windows wants a phone for verification. How to revert to an...: I set up a Microsoft account on a PC and wish to set up a pin. Later in the process it wants a phone number to send a verification code. This is a small computer club. There is no one phone number we can use. Is there some way to change it to send the code to an alternate...
  9. Want to set up pin, but Windows wants a phone for verification. How to revert to an...

Want to set up pin, but Windows wants a phone for verification. How to revert to an...: I set up a Microsoft account on a PC and wish to set up a pin. Later in the process it wants a phone number to send a verification code. This is a small computer club. There is no one phone number we can use. Is there some way to change it to send the code to an alternate...
  10. How do I stop the default setting reverts back to the old one which I don't want

How do I stop the default setting reverts back to the old one which I don't want: How do I stop the default setting reverts back to the old one which I don't want https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-default-setting-reverts-back-to/fec3c8cc-ce5d-46bc-a925-d86474df90ce