Windows 10: Windows 10 reverts to generic audio drivers after manually installing device specific ones

Discus and support Windows 10 reverts to generic audio drivers after manually installing device specific ones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using a Lexicon Alpha, an external audio interface. I was experiencing issues in some video games where the sound cuts out for a second or so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CrumbleShake, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 reverts to generic audio drivers after manually installing device specific ones

I'm using a Lexicon Alpha, an external audio interface.

I was experiencing issues in some video games where the sound cuts out for a second or so every few minutes. I tried a few things, but after finding the specific drivers for this device, I installed those and it started working fine, and the lexicon alpha shows up in Device Manager as Lexicon Alpha - however, after a reset, Windows has reverted to using the generic USB Audio device drivers and the issue reoccurs. I replicated this by following the same processs to be sure. The Lexicon Alpha still shows up as that in Device Manager, but it's alongside another device that's just "Speakers 2 -USB Audio Device", which I'm presuming is the generic driver.

Is there any way of forcing Windows to use this driver for the device rather than reverting to the generic one?

:)

CrumbleShake, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Jayce Win User

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jul 9, 2020
  4. tiendat Win User

Windows 10 reverts to generic audio drivers after manually installing device specific ones

I install complete. But I open speakers properties has stop woking *Frown Windows 10 reverts to generic audio drivers after manually installing device specific ones :(.

tiendat, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 reverts to generic audio drivers after manually installing device specific ones

1. Windows 10 reverts to generic audio drivers after manually installing device specific ones - Similar Threads - reverts generic audio

2. Manually updating specific driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manually updating specific driver: I want to install my iGPU's updates through AMD's Adrenalin app however I still find it convenient to install updates of all other drivers through Windows update, is there a way I can achieve this? If the only option is to disable all driver updates entirely, what is an easy...
  3. Generic audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic audio driver: Hi, there, I’m having problem with my laptop. I have generic audio driver as one of my problem. I don’t how what cause it or have to fix the problem. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/c2b092a8-c72b-46af-91d6-4e92cb4d69a1
  4. Generic audio driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic audio driver: Hi, there, I’m having problem with my laptop. I have generic audio driver as one of my problem. I don’t how what cause it or have to fix the problem. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/c2b092a8-c72b-46af-91d6-4e92cb4d69a1
  5. generic audio driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    generic audio driver: generic audio driver hi my sound of laptop have problem and its error is generic audio driver .how to i can solv it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/f66988d3-39c7-4ceb-9394-8c790936d1b3
  6. Generic Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generic Audio Driver: ive tried to uninstall my audio and reinstall drivers i have even factory reset my pc but every time i trouble shoot my sound it says problem found generic audio driver...
  7. generic audio driver

generic audio driver: how do i fix this[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/73a3d74d-c8f7-4b7c-8527-d2ab9d45ba1f
  8. generic audio driver

generic audio driver: How do i fix the generic audio driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-audio-driver/1b754d9a-46e6-425b-9bf2-2178c8b33e71
  9. generic audio driver.

generic audio driver.: Hi I have problem with my windows 10 that i can not hear the sound form my tv when i connection my laptop with my tv. ant the troubleshoot sound problem tell me that i have a problem is it generic audio driver. I updated Windows and checked all the updates as you cleared...
  10. manually install device driver

manually install device driver: PC isn't automatically picking up a new device...how do I manually install a device driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manually-install-device-driver/1366fd37-5da6-44c5-ba4c-b3934eb914cf