Windows 10: Windows 10 Review – Windows 7 Reimagined

Discus and support Windows 10 Review – Windows 7 Reimagined in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; MS said that if you are running a leaked version of W10 that the next release, expected in Jan would not install. Those version still get minor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Wynona Win User

Windows 10 Review – Windows 7 Reimagined

That isn't what I'm talking about, Jim. This has to do with patches to Build 9879, not the January update.

Wynona, Dec 25, 2014
  2. BunnyJ New Member

Are you saying those issues have been rectified in Windows 10? My point is that you have to kick the tires on this OS before you can judge it. You really can't get a full feel for it until you do. IMO.

BunnyJ, Dec 25, 2014
  3. BunnyJ New Member
    Reading on the Internet is a far cry from installing and using Windows 10.

I'd suggest that before offering up your review, you actually try the OS first. Actually, that how I decided most of my purchase I make online buy reading comments and views from others. Including this computer I am using. However, I did try windows 10 tech preview and I glad I stopped testing it, I have my reasons. End users are not suppose test windows 10 but Microsoft is not forbidding them for doing so.

ARC1020 does have some valid points.
    Why aren't end users supposed to test Win10?? The entire purpose of the TP was to get feedback from the end users.

BunnyJ, Dec 25, 2014
  4. groze Win User

Edited so people will stop quoting what I worded incorrectly and think that I am being rude. I never meant to appear rude at any time. I just worded my post wrong. See post 22 for an explanation.

groze, Dec 25, 2014
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    The average user should be allowed to test the TP just as much as the "expert" is. You seem to be coming off as a bit elitist, IMO.

BunnyJ, Dec 25, 2014
  6. groze Win User
    *Mad I am nothing like an elitist. Now don't put words into my mouth. I am just pointing out what Microsoft said not what I said. I don't give a hoot who tries Windows 10 preview. There would be no need for a consumer preview if consumers are already testing windows 10 just my opinion.

groze, Dec 25, 2014
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    *Mad I am nothing like an elitist. Now don't put word into my mouth. I am just pointing out what Microsoft said not what I said. I don't give a hoot who tries Windows 10 preview. There would be no need for a consumer preview if consumers are already testing windows 10 just my opinion. Sorry, but you said that the:
    All MS said was that the tester needed experience when testing the TP. That's far from what you stated above. The need for the Consumer Preview is to provide a more stable version of the TP.

BunnyJ, Dec 25, 2014
  8. groze Win User

I am nothing like an elitist. Now don't put word into my mouth. I am just pointing out what Microsoft said not what I said. I don't give a hoot who tries Windows 10 preview. There would be no need for a consumer preview if consumers are already testing windows 10 just my opinion. Sorry, but you said that the:
    All MS said was that the tester needed experience when testing the TP. That's far from what you stated above. The need for the Consumer Preview is to provide a more stable version of the TP. Ok, I worded it wrong Sorry. When I post stuff, I base it on what Microsoft says or My opinion or what I read on web sites. I call an end user a consumer. When windows 10 preview first came a lot of tech sites say Windows 10 Preview is not for the average user-I am not saying that they are. That in bold is basically what I was trying to say.

Sample right here. I am not saying I agree with it.

Why The Windows 10 Technical Preview Should Not Be Your Main OS

groze, Dec 26, 2014
  9. Wynona Win User
    What are you talking about? Who are you to tell us who's supposed to try Windows 10 and who's not? Are you saying that we're not qualified to test Windows 10? Just how would you happen to know that!?!? I would hazard a guess that everyone in the Windows 10 Forums is a PC expert. Not only that, but I know for a fact that there are a number of IT Pros in here as well!

I, and probably every other member of these forums, qualify on very bullet in the listing below. As far as the last bullet goes, I use this computer every day so that I can give Windows a good going over. However, it isn't my "everyday" machine. So, who are you to accuse us of wrongdoing just because you, by your own statement, broke the rules!?

If this isn't a consumer TP, how do you explain that I was able to download the consumer version of Windows 10? I help senior citizens with the consumer version of Windows, so why shouldn't I be able to use the consumer version?

Huh? Looking down on us now? So, you know exactly what we should want? Do you even know what you're saying?

Don't you realize that Windows 10 was built for the "Average Janes and Joes"? It wasn't built for the PC expert or the IT Pro or even the Enterprise. It is very important that Microsoft get feedback from those for whom Windows 10 was built, for goodness sake!

[/QUOTE]

And now, we come to the nitty gritty of the matter. The above list is a guideline, not a strict requirement for the Windows 10 tester.

We, the testers of the Windows 10 Technical Preview, need to know what we're getting into if we want to test. We're even told what might happen to our systems if we choose to put Windows 10 on our everyday computers.

Oh, and by the way, Microsoft doesn't waffle on Terms and Conditions.

Wynona, Dec 26, 2014
  10. groze Win User
    Wynona, you quoted a thread I corrected in a follow up post. See post #22

Just for the record, I am not telling anyone to or not to test the windows 10 preview. That is each person choice. I believe in freedom of choice. What I was trying to pass on is what Microsoft said or what a tech article said, not me saying it. I was just pointing out what the articles says that is all. See I even took the articles literally myself as not to test it. I waited awhile but went ahead and risked it for awhile and tested 10 out. It all how you interpret the articles. I also don't look down at people either. Due to my out of box thinking I interpreted articles incorrectly and Microsoft incorrectly.

groze, Dec 26, 2014
  11. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Hmmmmmmmmmm!, wonder why your text is so large. . .*Huh. . ., and by the why leave us average users alone we actually know more about computers then some folks think. . .*Wink.

12. Wynona Win User

Wynona, Dec 26, 2014
  13. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

IMO just to add gasoline to the flames already burning around here - I think usually the I.T pros are often the LEAST qualified to try the consumer previews -- most PRO I.T guys have a strictly limited controlled set of (usually older) hardware to use and also the range of applications is very limited - especially in a Workplace.

For REAL testing actual users are the best --people who are likely to load all sorts of unimagineable leading edge hardware on a machine, download zillions of dubious torrents, run every conceivable application, and take no precautions while finding ever more new ways of breaking a machine.

THESE are the BEST testers -- people who are more likely to break something.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 26, 2014
  14. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Ditto

15. BunnyJ New Member
    @groze, by linking to MS and they're statement that Win10TP should not be your primary OS doesn't support your statement one bit, IMO. It like the other one you posted are recommendations by MS, nothing more and nothing less. I for one use Win10TP(9879) for days on end without any issues, so far, and I like it.

There is a vast difference between a recommendation and a rule. And if MS didfn't want "average Janes or Joe's" to test it they wouldn't have made it so easy to join the insider program in the first place. Everyones input to MS is needed to make Win10 a success. IMO

BunnyJ, Dec 26, 2014
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Review – Windows 7 Reimagined - Similar Threads - Review – Reimagined

2. Windows 10 and use of Glassdoor reviews SORT option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 and use of Glassdoor reviews SORT option: In Windows 10 version 21H2 19044 when using Chrome or Firefox browsers I cannot select a SORT option in reviews. So I would go to Glassdoor or Google something like " Glassdoor reviews Tesla". I am on my Legion Ryzen laptop. The mouse pointer changes to a hand in Glassdoor...
  3. Six Months On: My Review of Windows 10 BROKEN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Six Months On: My Review of Windows 10 BROKEN: This is me: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/is-there-any-time-table-on-a-coming-fix-for-the/ad983a68-7642-4f5e-aa56-df9bdc8a5fad?tm=1605565447443How lovely it has been this past six months, being forced to randomly hard reboot my...
  4. Windows 10 reviews?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 reviews?: Just curious what people think about windows 10? Personally I have had nothing but problems since day one. Just sayin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reviews/6f60bf38-e393-44c9-9c41-78932b828269
  5. Windows 10 & Office365: Document display and reviewing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 & Office365: Document display and reviewing: Dear Engineers: My Mac allows me to open any type of document with a simple double-click, and display it in ANY 2-dimensional dimensions, and display it in ANY part of my screen, along with any other documents, and leaves them exactly where and how I put them, in that part...
  6. Windows Inside review 10.0.17738.1000

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Inside review 10.0.17738.1000: I have this in the updates, now, to restart but it will not install it at all try 6 or more times and it will not install on here. It just sent you back to the OS you are running, now. My PC is running Windows Insider Review 10.0.17713.1002 now. Need help on this. thank...
  7. Windows 10 Action Center reimagined in this new stunning concept

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Action Center reimagined in this new stunning concept: Windows comes with several new and mobile-focused features. Windows 10 has an Action Center, which is more like a smartphone’s notifications panel that has quick action features. Action Center comes in handy to some users and it has been reimagined in a new fan art. A...
  8. Windows 10 Review, Cortana, and Problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Review, Cortana, and Problems.: Review. I like Windows 10, and the new features. For starters, it looks better, so much nicer, and futuristic since we are getting into that age now. I like that it resembles the past previous Windows with the start menu, bring in the old, but make it new. I like the way...
  9. New AI features in reimagined Photos app for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New AI features in reimagined Photos app for Windows 10: New artificial intelligence features in the reimagined Photos app for Windows 10 make it easier to search and create personalized photos and videos to bring your memories to life. It’s December…time for the annual holiday photo! If you’re like most people, you have a very...
  10. Microsoft reimagines open source cloud hardware

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reimagines open source cloud hardware: Tomorrow, I’ll be speaking at Zettastructure: The European Digital Infrastructure Summit hosted by Datacenter Dynamics in London. In collaboration with the Open Compute Project (OCP), we are introducing Project Olympus – our next generation hyperscale cloud hardware design...