Windows 10: Windows 10 Review – Windows 7 Reimagined

Discus and support Windows 10 Review – Windows 7 Reimagined in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hi there IMO just to add gasoline to the flames already burning around here - I think usually the I.T pros are often the LEAST qualified to try the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Dec 24, 2014.

1. groze Win User

Windows 10 Review – Windows 7 Reimagined

jimbo *Thumbs that sounds like me *Smile except for torrents.

Jimbo
    I think you understood what I was trying to say but I didn't mean to offend anyone. That is real close to what I meant. They are still misinterpreting what I said. The larger text I was just trying to emphasized what I meant. They also need to look up what out of box thinking is. I have a different way of looking at things. I corrected my post. I standby by my correction. Can't we disagree here? Articles can be interpreted different ways. Just for info I have been using a computer since windows 95 came out. You would be surprised what I can do. In fact, I created a my own backup program for windows 98se using pkdos & a batch file until I got Norton's Ghost.

groze, Dec 26, 2014
  2. BunnyJ New Member

Jimbo
    I think you understood what I was trying to say but I didn't mean to offend anyone. They are still misinterpreting what I said. The larger text I was just trying to emphasized what I meant. They also need to look up what out of box thinking is. I have a different way of looking at things. I corrected my post. I standby by my correction. Can't we disagree here? Articles can be interpreted different ways. Just for info I have been using a computer since windows 95 came out. You can be surprised what I can do. If fact, I created a my own backup program for windows 98se using pkdos & a batch file until I got Norton's Ghost. How is " End users are not suppose test windows 10" out of the box thinking??

BunnyJ, Dec 26, 2014
  3. Edwin New Member
    That's me! *Biggrin

Edwin, Dec 26, 2014
  4. groze Win User

Jimbo
    I think you understood what I was trying to say but I didn't mean to offend anyone. They are still misinterpreting what I said. The larger text I was just trying to emphasized what I meant. They also need to look up what out of box thinking is. I have a different way of looking at things. I corrected my post. I standby by my correction. Can't we disagree here? Articles can be interpreted different ways. Just for info I have been using a computer since windows 95 came out. You can be surprised what I can do. If fact, I created a my own backup program for windows 98se using pkdos & a batch file until I got Norton's Ghost. How is " End users are not suppose test windows 10" out of the box thinking?? I said I worded it wrong in post #22 . I even edited the original post to point to the corrected post, so this wouldn't be re-hased. I know this will cause some complaints, but I agree with Jimbo, that what I was really trying to say without offending people . However, I didn't mean end user should or should not try windows 10 previews I could careless who tries it or who doesn't try it.

groze, Dec 26, 2014
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    That's me! *Biggrin LOL Dido!!

BunnyJ, Dec 26, 2014
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .Seems as if someone got caught with their hands in the cookie jar. . .*Wink

7. Wynona Win User
    Wikipedia: Thinking outside the box (also thinking out of the box[1][2] or thinking beyond the box) is a metaphor that means to think differently, unconventionally, or from a new perspective. This phrase often refers to novel or creative thinking.

Wynona, Dec 27, 2014
  8. Wynona Win User

Thinking outside the box (also thinking out of the box[1][2] or thinking beyond the box) is a metaphor that means to think differently, unconventionally, or from a new perspective. This phrase often refers to novel or creative thinking.

That would be my question too, Bunny.

Wynona, Dec 27, 2014
  9. groze Win User
    How many time are you guys going to rehash a statement I corrected? By they way I do think differently. That why I have a learning disability but I am real good with computers but my social skills sometimes suck.

groze, Dec 27, 2014
  10. Wynona Win User
    I'm pretty much in agreement, Jimbo. Once we BTs (beta testers) get through breaking Windows 10 TP, though, especially if we're in the Enterprise (folks whose company is testing Windows 10 corporate wide) we kinda need the IT guys and gals. *Smile

Yeppers, Jim. A very, very wide cross-section of the computer using populace is necessary for a particular product to be thoroughly tested. Suzie, who's working with her first computer would probably not be a great BT; however, if her brother Bill puts the product on her computer because he thinks she can benefit, she may be a good one after all. At the very least, she will be able to follow the forum(s) (much like what we have here) and ask for help when she needs it.

As a BT for approximately 25 years (wow, has it been that long since 1990?) and computer user for the past 30, I can say without a doubt that no one BT can test and/or find what's wrong with everything changed, new, jacked up, dumbed down, filled with bugs, etc. of any application, be it Windows, Office, Office Online, Office for Android, to name only a few.

Ever heard of "dogfood"? That's sort of an alpha version of an alpha version of brand new software. [Someone's been thinking outside the box again!]*Homer DroolingWhen you get to test "dogfood", you've arrived as a BT. Some of it goes on to greatness and some of it gets abandoned early or late.

So, all in all, in my not so humble opinion, beta testers should be from every walk of life as long as they have a computer and understand how to break it with betas. *Roflmao2

Wynona, Dec 27, 2014
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    No problem bro. I understand.
    Have a good day,
    Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Dec 27, 2014
  12. groze Win User
    No problem bro. I understand.
    Have a good day,
    Jeff *Smile Jeff, Thank you *Smile

groze, Dec 27, 2014
  13. Wynona Win User

OK, although he's been all over the map with his ideas, now that I understand things a little better, I think we should let Groze off the hook.

@groze: Let me see if I can explain to you, Groze, without starting another firestorm.

Windows 10 Forums was set up for those who are on the Windows Insider Program. You have seen (and now should understand) Microsoft's "requirements" for testing Windows 10. Once the Technical Preview is over and Windows 10 is RTM'd (released to market), the forums will continue on and those who have learned as much as they can about Windows 10 will continue to help newbies. Great place to get the help one needs.

To put it bluntly, you stumbled in here and proceeded to explain to a whole boatload of IT Pros and PC experts that Windows 10 was not for the end user. What you didn't understand was what a Technical Preview or beta is. Sometimes it's wide open as with the Technical Preview of Windows 10 and sometimes it's closed and one can only get in by invitation. Jimbo summed up pretty nicely who should be testing. All the Microsoft MVPs in these forums are most likely beta testers. Further, they have been especially recognized as experts by Microsoft because of betas they've participated in and other requirements. Helpful being the key word. And, since you are good with computers, here's where you should shine.

Everyone in these forums is especially helpful. I'm a PC Expert, experienced beta tester and an IT Pro of sorts. When I'm not having problems with a beta I've broken, I try to help others, especially senior citizens in my subdivision. The holidays have seen me slack off for awhile.

As I said before, now that I understand things better, it's time to give you some slack. If you need help, ask for it. If someone needs help and you can give it, please do.

Maybe I should say that my social skills suck at times too. Because if they didn't, I wouldn't have been so ticked off when you said what you said.

Wynona, Dec 27, 2014
  14. groze Win User
    I edited this posting, sorry I am not the type of person who normally points out other mistakes. I apologize to Wynona for doing it.

groze, Dec 27, 2014
  15. Happy New Year Arc1020!!!

I agree with you - I like Win8 and the Start page. It's fast and for the most part familiar.
    I was late getting to Win8, but when I finally installed it, I didn't understand all of the vitriol against it. To me it was Windows plus an optional tablet UI. The Modern apps were variants of Desktop apps (again for the most part and for my needs) - I tried them but found them redundant and uninstalled them in favor of the same desktop app.

I also agree with you on the Modern apps - they aren't targeted for the desktop users who expect full control and configuration ... they're target audience is the mobile user who, IMO, is load and shoot (analogous to photographers and people who just want to take nice pictures I suppose). Anyway ... it's up to MS to figure out how to have it all *Wink If camera makers could make a camera that did that - just imagine! It's a hard thing to do.

That's where the Windows Tech Preview (WTP) is helping ... I think. Lately I've been reading that people are stuffing the ballot box and that MS is even promoting a VOTE me too 'contest' to see what gets included in the next release of WTP.

I personally do NOT want a popularity contest to determine what Windows 10 becomes - the sample is too small for it to be meaningful and the players voting for their favorite feature are probably not the best qualified. Rather they are serving their self interest (off my soap box for now - sorry 'bout that *Wink

The argument might be made that MS hasn't done the best job picking the features either - but I disagree (hope that's ok with everyone *Smile I always have to keep in mind that MS is a business, that they have a lot of things going on, that people will complain no matter what a company offers ... yada, yada, yada.

If you decide to give Win10 a whirl, I suggest a Hyper-V machine. Kari wrote a great tutorial that makes it really, really easy.
    See: Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10

Bill

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Review – Windows 7 Reimagined - Similar Threads - Review – Reimagined

2. Windows 10 and use of Glassdoor reviews SORT option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 and use of Glassdoor reviews SORT option: In Windows 10 version 21H2 19044 when using Chrome or Firefox browsers I cannot select a SORT option in reviews. So I would go to Glassdoor or Google something like " Glassdoor reviews Tesla". I am on my Legion Ryzen laptop. The mouse pointer changes to a hand in Glassdoor...
  3. Six Months On: My Review of Windows 10 BROKEN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Six Months On: My Review of Windows 10 BROKEN: This is me: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/is-there-any-time-table-on-a-coming-fix-for-the/ad983a68-7642-4f5e-aa56-df9bdc8a5fad?tm=1605565447443How lovely it has been this past six months, being forced to randomly hard reboot my...
  4. Windows 10 reviews?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 reviews?: Just curious what people think about windows 10? Personally I have had nothing but problems since day one. Just sayin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reviews/6f60bf38-e393-44c9-9c41-78932b828269
  5. Windows 10 & Office365: Document display and reviewing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 & Office365: Document display and reviewing: Dear Engineers: My Mac allows me to open any type of document with a simple double-click, and display it in ANY 2-dimensional dimensions, and display it in ANY part of my screen, along with any other documents, and leaves them exactly where and how I put them, in that part...
  6. Windows Inside review 10.0.17738.1000

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Inside review 10.0.17738.1000: I have this in the updates, now, to restart but it will not install it at all try 6 or more times and it will not install on here. It just sent you back to the OS you are running, now. My PC is running Windows Insider Review 10.0.17713.1002 now. Need help on this. thank...
  7. Windows 10 Action Center reimagined in this new stunning concept

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Action Center reimagined in this new stunning concept: Windows comes with several new and mobile-focused features. Windows 10 has an Action Center, which is more like a smartphone’s notifications panel that has quick action features. Action Center comes in handy to some users and it has been reimagined in a new fan art. A...
  8. Windows 10 Review, Cortana, and Problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Review, Cortana, and Problems.: Review. I like Windows 10, and the new features. For starters, it looks better, so much nicer, and futuristic since we are getting into that age now. I like that it resembles the past previous Windows with the start menu, bring in the old, but make it new. I like the way...
  9. New AI features in reimagined Photos app for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New AI features in reimagined Photos app for Windows 10: New artificial intelligence features in the reimagined Photos app for Windows 10 make it easier to search and create personalized photos and videos to bring your memories to life. It’s December…time for the annual holiday photo! If you’re like most people, you have a very...
  10. Microsoft reimagines open source cloud hardware

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reimagines open source cloud hardware: Tomorrow, I’ll be speaking at Zettastructure: The European Digital Infrastructure Summit hosted by Datacenter Dynamics in London. In collaboration with the Open Compute Project (OCP), we are introducing Project Olympus – our next generation hyperscale cloud hardware design...