Windows 10: Windows 10 - Right click results to Not Responding

Discus and support Windows 10 - Right click results to Not Responding in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I right click in certain areas on my computer, I get a Not Responding error. This happens with my mouse and trackpad when I right click, so it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jaluvshuskies, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Windows 10 - Right click results to Not Responding

When I right click in certain areas on my computer, I get a Not Responding error. This happens with my mouse and trackpad when I right click, so it's my computer and not mouse. For example:

Applies to:
    - Desktop folders/icons/files. When my desktop stops responding, it flashes white, refreshes, and it's fine.
    - Any folder or white space in any of my folders

Doesn't apply to:
    - Browser (Chrome)
    - Desktop empty space (right clicking on my desktop, not any icons)

Does anyone have a solution for this or know what I can do to find out? I think it might be a 3rd party software but I'm not sure what to do if it is. Any help is appreciated!

:)

Jaluvshuskies, Aug 17, 2015

2. Right click not responding on Windows 10

Hi Kaleem,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Right click function on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, please reply to the following questions:

1. Are you connected external mouse or touchpad on your device?

2. If it is external mouse, May I know the make and model of the Mouse?

3. Does this issue persist in specific folder or all folders?

I suggest you to try the following troubleshooting steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Safe Mode with Networking

I suggest you to check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode with Networking.

Safe mode with Networking starts Windows in safe mode and includes the network drivers, services needed to access the Internet or other computers on your network.

Refer below link to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Note: Please restart the computer to start in normal mode.

Step 2: Perform Clean Boot

If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode, then perform a Clean Boot
    to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

To do this, refer below article on how to perform a Clean Boot in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Important: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Please post back with the status of issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Aug 17, 2015
  3. kaleem2 Win User
    Right click not responding on Windows 10

i have just purchased a New Hp notebook i5 63200U 8gb+1tb with windows 10 installed

when i open any folder in any drive (C or D or E )and right click to see Property of try to create new folder or want to do anything by right clicking than that folder causes no response it hang. BUT when i Click Right Button on a File (video, Image, App,
    Zip) in same folder its ok it show all option normally with out hang.

desktop screen does not hang even if i make 100 refresh. or make a new file or folder.

but when i open any folder and click right button in that folder it come same problem "Not responding"

THE PROBLEM IS WHY ONLY RIGHT CLICK MAKE FOLDER NOT RESPONDING ??

Original title: Not Responding

kaleem2, Aug 17, 2015
  4. FnV45 Win User

Windows 10 - Right click results to Not Responding

I'm getting the exact same issue on my lenovo. I'm also getting the same issue when i left click on my file explore on the taskbar.

FnV45, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 - Right click results to Not Responding

1. Windows 10 - Right click results to Not Responding - Similar Threads - Right click results

2. Right click not responding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Right click not responding: Dear Support team, Need help below 1. Right click of any file, folder, application, software is not working, it keep on scrolling round? 2. Windows defender scan is suspending continuously while full scan or custom scan or quick scan? 3. Inadvertently I installed one...
  3. Right clicking on images crashes/not responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking on images crashes/not responding: This seems like a recent issue that just randomly started happening as I just noticed it a few minutes ago, but for some reason whenever I right click on images it crashes or like goes to (not responding) and then I have to end process it doesn't seem like this issue happens...
  4. Windows 10 right click on desktop not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 right click on desktop not responding: I recently reset my windows 10 pc. Everything is working fine except that right-click on the desktop is not responding and eventually I am not able to click on the desktop icons. However, all applications and start menu are working normally. Can anyone help?...
  5. Right click not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right click not responding: C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs,...
  6. right click not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click not responding: recently ,I reset my laptop and after the installation I face an issue whenever I try to right click on the desktop window the cursor goes to loading state and doesn't responds or open the context menu. Is there any solution ?? please help!!...
  7. Window Explorer Stop Responding after Right Click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Window Explorer Stop Responding after Right Click: At the end of March, I updated Windows to 1809 build 1. Windows Explorer froze after right click 2. could not be opened from the task bar, and would keep restarting after ~30 minutes Hence I reversed to 1803 build, which caused Windows Hello feature to stop working, and...
  8. Right click not responding......

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click not responding......: Yesterday i reset my windows 10 and after the fresh startup , when i click the right mouse button (right click) on desktop .....then it did not respond infact only the blue circle was just loading , loading and still loading.......How to resolve this problem please tell if...
  9. Windows 10 Taskbar, Left clicking icons no respond, the right click menu OK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Taskbar, Left clicking icons no respond, the right click menu OK: I tried every method on the Internet, none can fix the problem completely. I have two computers the same issues, I use the latest version Windows 10, I bet MS cannot resolve this stupid problem in 10 years....
  10. mouse freezes and then right click wont respond

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse freezes and then right click wont respond: Hi guys. 4 days ago my mouse in my dell precision windows 10 laptop started freezing. The right click would not respond at clicking. i did alt+ctrl+shift renewed the windows explorer and then the left click function of the mouse would be reed but I had no right click. I...