Windows 10: Windows 10 right side of taskbar is broken

Discus and support Windows 10 right side of taskbar is broken in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since I installed the 20H2 updates on my work laptop, the icons on the left of the taskbar are all messed up.When I click on "Show hidden icons", it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JolanGoburdhun, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Windows 10 right side of taskbar is broken

Since I installed the 20H2 updates on my work laptop, the icons on the left of the taskbar are all messed up.When I click on "Show hidden icons", it becomes like this:Here's the list of installed updates:I installed a bunch of optional drivers too and maybe that's what causing the problem because I updated my home laptop too and didn't get that problem.

:)

JolanGoburdhun, Jun 4, 2021
  2. MDJ
    MDJ Win User

Windows 10 problem with duplicated icons in taskbar, broken Jump Lists

Hello,

I‘ve been recently having a problem with duplicated items in taskbar and broken Jump Lists. I‘m now using Windows 10 but this problem occurred in Windows 8.1 too but then it somehow fixed itself. Some programs that I pin to taskbar have a tendency to duplicate themselves when clicked on. For now, I‘ve noticed this behaviour only in Skype and Spotify but it‘s still very annoying since duplicate icons take valuable taskbar space and even more—make Jump Lists of those programs broken, meaning that you can still see tasks program developers provided but after you click them nothing happens.

I‘ve tried loads of times pinning, repinning, deleting whole User Pinned folder from %appdata%/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Quick Launch, clearing Jump List folders manually and automatically with Command Prompt commands as suggested here with no luck. The only thing I did achieve was when I pinned Skype to taskbar in my other user account, then copied the newly created shortcut from Use Pinned folder to my User Pinned folder—this made Skype Jump Lists working but duplicate icon in taskbar remained.

I‘ve recently found a tutorial which may force taskbar to use only one icon per app but I can‘t check this right now as 7+ Taskbar Tweaker isn‘t yet officially available for Windows 10 users.

Thank you for taking your time and reading my message, any suggestions would be appreciated,

P. S. I don‘t know if this is related but I can‘t pin any Control Panel item to Quick Access whilst I can pin folders. Interesting side of this is that pinned Control Panel items appear in File Explorer's Jump List but after clicked I get a message that item is unavailable and that it might have been moved, renamed or removed.

3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jun 4, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 right side of taskbar is broken

toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

Suggest you try simply dragging the taskbar with e.g. that command as a first step.

Then (and I don't know quite how you'd make use of it):

Unlocking taskbar: see Option 3 for useful info:
    Lock or Unlock Taskbar in Windows 10 | Tutorials

dalchina, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 right side of taskbar is broken

1. Windows 10 right side of taskbar is broken - Similar Threads - right side taskbar

2. Right side of taskbar is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right side of taskbar is not showing: Hey Right side of my taskbar Which have date time , notification, Internet connection sign is not showing . Anyone know how to fix it . Adding a picture for more help . Look at right bottom corner.its blank.elp....
  3. Right side of taskbar is not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right side of taskbar is not showing: Hey Right side of my taskbar Which have date time , notification, Internet connection sign is not showing . Anyone know how to fix it . Adding a picture for more help . Look at right bottom corner.its blank.elp....
  4. Windows 11 right side icons of the taskbar disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 right side icons of the taskbar disappear: Hello, MS forum!I'd living with a problem for some weeks...When the system start, my the taskbar with start menu and app shortcuts icons appear, but the right side icons of the taskbar windows defender, settings, clock didn't shown. If I run Task Manager ctrl+shift+esc the...
  5. Pin taskbar icons on the right side?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin taskbar icons on the right side?: Just curious...Is there a way to pin taskbar icons so they justify to the right side? 182815
  6. Right side of Taskbar is cluttered

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right side of Taskbar is cluttered: I have a Lenovo Ideapad S145 -15API AMD Rayzen 5, 3500 U, AMD Radeon Vega 8, 8 GB RAM - Windows 10 Education Ver. 2004, Build 19041.1052. From a few days, right taskbar of my system is being messed with the icons on the left taskbar. Please see the following imageYou can see...
  7. [Bug?] Broken Windows TaskBar context Menu for stack and side by side

in Windows 10 Support
    [Bug?] Broken Windows TaskBar context Menu for stack and side by side: Hello, I see a strange problem with Windows TaskBar context Menu for stack and side by side, since 20H2, when we press one of them there're seems a "Ghost Window" that cause us have additional window so there're empty space for it, which is odd, I don't get this problem on...
  8. Right Click menu for taskbar broken

Right Click menu for taskbar broken: Hello dear All, After updating windows to 1909 from 1803 my right menu is brocken When I try to click the actions in the right click menu I always have this message for every program: [ATTACH] The same behavior in the start menu Many thanks, Iacob...
  9. Right side of taskbar seem disabled

Right side of taskbar seem disabled: Hey there, I must have clicked something and the right side of Taskbar seems inactive or locked. Let me better explain: - if I click the WiFi logo it does not open the list of networks as usual - if I click the Date does not open Calendar as usual - if I click...
  10. CPU usage in the right side of taskbar.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU usage in the right side of taskbar.: Hello. I've been a Windows XP user for more than 8 (yes, eight years *Smile and today I received my new Win10 laptop. There is this feature in Windows XP where you open Windows Task MAnager with ctrl+alt+del, go to Performance tab, and it shows you a real-time graphical...