Windows 10: Windows 10 robocopy ERROR 1392 (0x00000570) file or directory is corru

Discus and support Windows 10 robocopy ERROR 1392 (0x00000570) file or directory is corru in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep all my personal and business data on a 2TB Passport external drive and back up key parts of it daily to two other external drives using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pluviosilla, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Windows 10 robocopy ERROR 1392 (0x00000570) file or directory is corru

I keep all my personal and business data on a 2TB Passport external drive and back up key parts of it daily to two other external drives using robocopy. I've been doing this for years.
    Since I upgraded to Windows 10, however, I keep getting the error I mentioned above (in the subject line). Robocopy complains that some file or directory on the **destination** drive is unreadable, and sure enough, I am unable to delete the file. I've tried both File Assassin and File Unlocker. File Assassin complains that it cannot see the file. File Unlocker claims to delete it, but I still see it in Windows Explorer, even after rebooting. The only way to get rid of the file is to boot in safe mode and delete it.
    Problem is: this keeps reoccurring in different places in the filesystem !!!
    Relevant facts:
    * It occurs on *both* of my backup drives, which suggests to my mind that the problem is not with the backup device.
    * Again, it occurs with different files in different places. There's no detectable pattern as far as location.
    * CHKDSK reports no problems on any of my disks
    * SFC reports no problems on any of my filesystems
    For now, I've settled on the following work-around: I tell robocopy to ignore read errors:
    For EX: robocopy g:\data q:\data /mir /R:0 /W:0
    So now robocopy runs to completion instead of hanging, but it reports FAILURES.
    I am worried about my data and would appreciate guidance and suggestions.

:)

pluviosilla, Aug 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 robocopy ERROR 1392 (0x00000570) file or directory is corrupted

Hi,

As per the description, I suggest you to post the query in the TechNet forum. They will be better suited to answer your query.

Refer the below link.

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Feel free to contact us regarding any issues on Windows.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Aug 9, 2016
  3. JGStrong Win User
    Windows 10 robocopy ERROR 1392 (0x00000570) file or directory is corrupted

I keep all my personal and business data on a 2TB Passport external drive and back up key parts of it daily to two other external drives using robocopy. I've been doing this for years.

Since I upgraded to Windows 10, however, I keep getting the error I mentioned above (in the subject line). Robocopy complains that some file or directory on the **destination** drive is unreadable, and sure enough, I am unable to delete the file. I've tried
    both File Assassin and File Unlocker. File Assassin complains that it cannot see the file. File Unlocker claims to delete it, but I still see it in Windows Explorer, even after rebooting. The only way to get rid of the file is to boot in safe mode and delete
    it.

Problem is: this keeps reoccurring in different places in the filesystem !!!

Relevant facts:

* It occurs on *both* of my backup drives, which suggests to my mind that the problem is not with the backup device.

* Again, it occurs with different files in different places. There's no detectable pattern as far as location.

* CHKDSK reports no problems on any of my disks

* SFC reports no problems on any of my filesystems

For now, I've settled on the following work-around: I tell robocopy to ignore read errors:

For EX: robocopy g:\data q:\data /mir /R:0 /W:0

So now robocopy runs to completion instead of hanging, but it reports FAILURES.

I am worried about my data and would appreciate guidance and suggestions.

JGStrong, Aug 9, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Windows 10 robocopy ERROR 1392 (0x00000570) file or directory is corru

essenbe, Aug 10, 2016
  5. pluviosilla, Aug 10, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
    On shutdown, Fast startup does not completely shut down. It goes into a deep Hybrid hibernation state, mainly meaning the Hard drives do not dismount. Disconnecting a hard drive can cause issues with some systems. I would suspect you disconnect your external hard drives often. I am only guessing that this could be your issue or part of it. It is a simple process to try, if you would like to give it a try.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

[youtube]hmDmaKLbi4Y[/youtube]

essenbe, Aug 10, 2016
  7. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Aug 10, 2016
  8. Windows 10 robocopy ERROR 1392 (0x00000570) file or directory is corru

I rarely unplug these external drives, so it wouldn't be that. I will try disabling Fast Startup. Thanks much for the suggestion.

pluviosilla, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 robocopy ERROR 1392 (0x00000570) file or directory is corru

1. Windows 10 robocopy ERROR 1392 (0x00000570) file or directory is corru - Similar Threads - robocopy ERROR 1392

2. dism errors 1392

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dism errors 1392: hello i tried dism in cmd adminstrator i get this error 1392.i have tried sfc /scannow and then this shows up my laptop is pretty corrupted random crashes,dll errors apps/games not opening and not able to run this commands....
  3. dism errors 1392

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dism errors 1392: hello i tried dism in cmd adminstrator i get this error 1392.i have tried sfc /scannow and then this shows up my laptop is pretty corrupted random crashes,dll errors apps/games not opening and not able to run this commands....
  4. Why robocopy only copy directories but not files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why robocopy only copy directories but not files?: I've tried robocopy to directories of programs, However, when I see the consequences, only directories were copied but program files weren't copied. But when I pick exe files to copy, then it is copiedWhy is that, and is there any way to solve this?Here is the command I...
  5. Why robocopy only copy directories but not files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why robocopy only copy directories but not files?: I've tried robocopy to directories of programs, However, when I see the consequences, only directories were copied but program files weren't copied. But when I pick exe files to copy, then it is copiedWhy is that, and is there any way to solve this?Here is the command I...
  6. Why robocopy only copy directories but not files?

7. Robocopy automatically taking source directory as the script file directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy automatically taking source directory as the script file directory: Synopsis:- Script file directory name -> PowerShellScripts in Desktop in local C:\...- Script file name -> Dbackup.ps1- Intended source for mirroring -> D:\ a partition on local hard disk- Intended destination for mirroring -> F:\D_LAPTOP_BACKUP_ ... F: is external SSD...
  8. Robocopy automatically taking source directory as the script file directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy automatically taking source directory as the script file directory: Synopsis:- Script file directory name -> PowerShellScripts in Desktop in local C:\...- Script file name -> Dbackup.ps1- Intended source for mirroring -> D:\ a partition on local hard disk- Intended destination for mirroring -> F:\D_LAPTOP_BACKUP_ ... F: is external SSD...
  9. Robocopy automatically taking source directory as the script file directory

10. Error: 1392 The file directory is corrupted and unreadable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error: 1392 The file directory is corrupted and unreadable: Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.19041.844 Image Version: 10.0.19042.867 [===========================53.0% ] Error: 1392...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ERROR 1392 (0x00000570

2. windows 10 robocopy error 1392

3. robocopy error 1392 the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

4. robocopy looping repeating error 1392