Windows 10: Windows 10 robocopy ERROR 1392 (0x00000570) file or directory is corru

Discus and support Windows 10 robocopy ERROR 1392 (0x00000570) file or directory is corru in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep all my personal and business data on a 2TB Passport external drive and back up key parts of it daily to two other external drives using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pluviosilla, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Windows 10 robocopy ERROR 1392 (0x00000570) file or directory is corru

I keep all my personal and business data on a 2TB Passport external drive and back up key parts of it daily to two other external drives using robocopy. I've been doing this for years.
    Since I upgraded to Windows 10, however, I keep getting the error I mentioned above (in the subject line). Robocopy complains that some file or directory on the **destination** drive is unreadable, and sure enough, I am unable to delete the file. I've tried both File Assassin and File Unlocker. File Assassin complains that it cannot see the file. File Unlocker claims to delete it, but I still see it in Windows Explorer, even after rebooting. The only way to get rid of the file is to boot in safe mode and delete it.
    Problem is: this keeps reoccurring in different places in the filesystem !!!
    Relevant facts:
    * It occurs on *both* of my backup drives, which suggests to my mind that the problem is not with the backup device.
    * Again, it occurs with different files in different places. There's no detectable pattern as far as location.
    * CHKDSK reports no problems on any of my disks
    * SFC reports no problems on any of my filesystems
    For now, I've settled on the following work-around: I tell robocopy to ignore read errors:
    For EX: robocopy g:\data q:\data /mir /R:0 /W:0
    So now robocopy runs to completion instead of hanging, but it reports FAILURES.
    I am worried about my data and would appreciate guidance and suggestions.

:)

pluviosilla, Aug 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 robocopy ERROR 1392 (0x00000570) file or directory is corrupted

Hi,

As per the description, I suggest you to post the query in the TechNet forum. They will be better suited to answer your query.

Refer the below link.

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Feel free to contact us regarding any issues on Windows.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Aug 9, 2016
  3. JGStrong Win User
    Windows 10 robocopy ERROR 1392 (0x00000570) file or directory is corrupted

I keep all my personal and business data on a 2TB Passport external drive and back up key parts of it daily to two other external drives using robocopy. I've been doing this for years.

Since I upgraded to Windows 10, however, I keep getting the error I mentioned above (in the subject line). Robocopy complains that some file or directory on the **destination** drive is unreadable, and sure enough, I am unable to delete the file. I've tried
    both File Assassin and File Unlocker. File Assassin complains that it cannot see the file. File Unlocker claims to delete it, but I still see it in Windows Explorer, even after rebooting. The only way to get rid of the file is to boot in safe mode and delete
    it.

Problem is: this keeps reoccurring in different places in the filesystem !!!

Relevant facts:

* It occurs on *both* of my backup drives, which suggests to my mind that the problem is not with the backup device.

* Again, it occurs with different files in different places. There's no detectable pattern as far as location.

* CHKDSK reports no problems on any of my disks

* SFC reports no problems on any of my filesystems

For now, I've settled on the following work-around: I tell robocopy to ignore read errors:

For EX: robocopy g:\data q:\data /mir /R:0 /W:0

So now robocopy runs to completion instead of hanging, but it reports FAILURES.

I am worried about my data and would appreciate guidance and suggestions.

JGStrong, Aug 9, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Windows 10 robocopy ERROR 1392 (0x00000570) file or directory is corru

essenbe, Aug 10, 2016
  5. pluviosilla, Aug 10, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
    On shutdown, Fast startup does not completely shut down. It goes into a deep Hybrid hibernation state, mainly meaning the Hard drives do not dismount. Disconnecting a hard drive can cause issues with some systems. I would suspect you disconnect your external hard drives often. I am only guessing that this could be your issue or part of it. It is a simple process to try, if you would like to give it a try.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

[youtube]hmDmaKLbi4Y[/youtube]

essenbe, Aug 10, 2016
  7. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Aug 10, 2016
  8. Windows 10 robocopy ERROR 1392 (0x00000570) file or directory is corru

I rarely unplug these external drives, so it wouldn't be that. I will try disabling Fast Startup. Thanks much for the suggestion.

pluviosilla, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 robocopy ERROR 1392 (0x00000570) file or directory is corru

1. Windows 10 robocopy ERROR 1392 (0x00000570) file or directory is corru - Similar Threads - robocopy ERROR 1392

2. Directory Error 42 CTOERROR.flg in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Directory Error 42 CTOERROR.flg in Windows 10: My relatively new HP computer is caught in a loop and will not open to the Windows 10 desktop. I get the Microsoft logo and the dots circle around and goes to the blue screen with options to troubleshoot or turn off the PC. When I do a Command Prompt for the Directory there...
  3. Is there a way for Robocopy to ignore file copy errors?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way for Robocopy to ignore file copy errors?: I am trying to backup files from a disk that is probably going bad. I've already run "chkdsk" on it, so now my old CRC errors are now "file unreadable" errors. I can't find any combination of the /R and /W switches that would permit errors to be ignored. It would make...
  4. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable error on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable error on Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you connect your USB or external device and you receive an error message <Drive>:\ is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable, then there could be some physical damage to the device, the File System could [...] This post The file...
  5. ROBOCOPY Error 5 -BUT Using

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ROBOCOPY Error 5 -BUT Using: SYSTEM: Win 10 Pro (updated 8.3.2019 History: The Robocopy batch I wrote was working well for years. But due to another Problem MS Support re-installed my system but kept my files in place. Since then robocopy fails on some directories with Error 5, sometimes Error...
  6. Robocopy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Robocopy: I like Robocopy and used it for a long time but after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, it got in a loop when I tried to back up via the Documents and Settings Junction. I know that I didn’t change permissions on this folder. But If I try to open it, I get "Access...
  7. robocopy backup of important files

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    robocopy backup of important files: hi, I have a standard Windows 10 build and I'm using y to backup my data to an external drive. The goal is just to capture all my data so if the PC fails/gets stolen etc. I can restore my data on to another PC. I'm doing a backup of c:\users\ as this seems to capture...
  8. SFC stops at 1%, DISM error 1392, dll error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC stops at 1%, DISM error 1392, dll error: Hello. After manually installing Threshold 2 AVG PC TuneUp reported errors on my C: disk, so I performed a chkdsk. The system rebooted, naturally, and chkdsk took a very long time, always stuck at the same percentage. CristalDiskInfo reports no error at all times. After the...
  9. Directory file count

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory file count: Does anyone know of a program that when run will give you the number of files in each directory. Thanks Shane. 63754
  10. Directory file problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Directory file problem: Hi staff, Been using my brand new laptop for 3 days now, and I'm still a bit clumsy with Windows Edge... So from the directory I want to remove a picture file that by accident was loaded from an usb twice. Must have done something wrong 'cause the map is not removable and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ERROR 1392 (0x00000570

2. windows 10 robocopy error 1392

3. robocopy error 1392 the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

4. robocopy looping repeating error 1392