Windows 10: Windows 10 roll back issues

Discus and support Windows 10 roll back issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased a laptop from a previous owner and immediately found an issue. Windows 10 was installed on it and it doesn't support win 10. I have issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jbrooks0801, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10 roll back issues

I purchased a laptop from a previous owner and immediately found an issue. Windows 10 was installed on it and it doesn't support win 10. I have issue like updates cant install and the touch pad not working properly. For some reason the previous owner let this go but for me it is a nuisance. I am running a Dell xps m1530 and from what I have seen the os should be win xp. How can I fix this?

:)

jbrooks0801, Oct 7, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 roll back issues

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 roll back issues

1. Windows 10 roll back issues - Similar Threads - roll issues

2. I2C HID driver issue - rolling back 23H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I2C HID driver issue - rolling back 23H2: Ever since I updated to Windows 11 23H2, I've been having issues with my touchpad particularly the I2C HID driver. I've looked up what the issue could be, and it's something to do with the driver not being compatible with 23H2. I was thinking about rolling back to Windows...
  3. I2C HID driver issue - rolling back 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C HID driver issue - rolling back 23H2: Ever since I updated to Windows 11 23H2, I've been having issues with my touchpad particularly the I2C HID driver. I've looked up what the issue could be, and it's something to do with the driver not being compatible with 23H2. I was thinking about rolling back to Windows...
  4. Windows 11 issue where "updates failed to install, rolling back changes"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 issue where "updates failed to install, rolling back changes": So, a while back I had installed Win 11 as a dual-boot with Win 10, then had problems with the UEFI boot manager when I switched to Win 11 exclusively and securely wiped and then removed the Win 10 drive and suddenly my system wouldn't boot.While Greg Carmack was able to help...
  5. Windows 11 issue where "updates failed to install, rolling back changes"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 issue where "updates failed to install, rolling back changes": So, a while back I had installed Win 11 as a dual-boot with Win 10, then had problems with the UEFI boot manager when I switched to Win 11 exclusively and securely wiped and then removed the Win 10 drive and suddenly my system wouldn't boot.While Greg Carmack was able to help...
  6. Windows 11 update rolled back because of Start Menu opening issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 update rolled back because of Start Menu opening issues: Microsoft confirmed a new Windows 11 issue this weekend that is causing Start Menu opening issues on the operating system. Some users started to report the issue to Microsoft after installation of KB5014668 on devices running Windows 11. [ATTACH] KB5014668 is the latest...
  7. Microsoft is rolling out emergency fix for Windows 10 printing issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is rolling out emergency fix for Windows 10 printing issues: On July 6, Microsoft released the emergency security updates to supported Windows 10 versions. While the updates brought the important bug fixes for PrintNightmare vulnerability, several users began reporting printing failures and Blue Screen of Death errors. The bug –...
  8. No Audio Output Device is Installed issue cannot resolve by roll backing updates or driver...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Audio Output Device is Installed issue cannot resolve by roll backing updates or driver...: After updating with several major updates in my Windows 10 pro laptop's input microphone & output speakers shows "No Audio Output Device is Installed" & appeared red cross on the speaker at taskbar. I have tried with common tasks respectively....Performed Inbuilt...
  9. Windows Update 20H2 - Rolled back and then issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 20H2 - Rolled back and then issues: I have a Windows 10 Home Version 1909 on an old desktop PC. On March 9th, the Windows tried to update itself to version 20H2, but by some reason didn't manage to, and then rolled back to version 1909. Since this rolled-back update my wi-fi dongles have given several...
  10. Windows 10 KB4601380 is rolling out to fix screen rendering issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4601380 is rolling out to fix screen rendering issues: Microsoft is rolling out Windows 10 KB4601380 optional non-security release (C and D update) for version 1909 and older. Unlike the last month’s optional update, this month’s preview comes with some important bug fixes, including improvements for font and screen rendering....