Windows 10: Windows 10 rolled itself back to 8.1

Discus and support Windows 10 rolled itself back to 8.1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was experiencing some sound driver problems. I went through advanced startup to clean my computer and on start up I realized it went to Windows 8.1,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChadSimmons1, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 rolled itself back to 8.1

I was experiencing some sound driver problems. I went through advanced startup to clean my computer and on start up I realized it went to Windows 8.1, instead. I've experienced a whole lot more driver issues that weren't present before, and the install of Windows 8.1 was not a clean, factory reset.

How do I reinstall Windows 10 on my PC?

:)

ChadSimmons1, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 18, 2019
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 rolled itself back to 8.1

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 rolled itself back to 8.1

1. Windows 10 rolled itself back to 8.1 - Similar Threads - rolled itself

2. Microsoft rolls out Windows 10 KB5001716, and it fails with 0x80070643

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft rolls out Windows 10 KB5001716, and it fails with 0x80070643: Microsoft has shipped Windows 10 KB5001716, a new update that’s supposed to upgrade Windows versions nearing the end of the support cycle, but it’s failing to install. According to numerous reports from our readers and our tests, KB5001716 could fail to install with...
  3. Windows 11: new Features roll out in the coming 2 months

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11: new Features roll out in the coming 2 months: Microsoft released an optional non-security update for Windows 11 today that introduces a set of new features. The features, part of the Moment 5 update for Windows 11, add new capabilities to Copilot for Windows, other AI features, and a good number of non-AI features....
  4. My laptop will no longer update. It tries and always fails, and rolls back any changes....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop will no longer update. It tries and always fails, and rolls back any changes....: I responded to a post about downloading and using SFCFix.exe while the SFCFix.zip file was unable to be located using the hyperlink https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-will-no-longer-update-it-tries-and/05b27427-338d-421e-a064-f1a1423b3e72
  5. My laptop will no longer update. It tries and always fails, and rolls back any changes....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop will no longer update. It tries and always fails, and rolls back any changes....: I responded to a post about downloading and using SFCFix.exe while the SFCFix.zip file was unable to be located using the hyperlink https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-will-no-longer-update-it-tries-and/05b27427-338d-421e-a064-f1a1423b3e72
  6. How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge?: How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-roll-back-to-a-previously-saved-password/7c94b65c-fd98-4ad3-854b-068eb99add72
  7. How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge?

How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge?: How do I roll back to a previously saved password in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-roll-back-to-a-previously-saved-password/7c94b65c-fd98-4ad3-854b-068eb99add72
  8. WIndows 11 update downloads, installs and rolls back itself to WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 11 update downloads, installs and rolls back itself to WIndows 10: So my problem is this:my PC displays a message that it fulfills minimal requirements to update the system from Windows 10 current to Windows 11.I start the update manually, it downloads the data 100% and installs it also 100%. Having installed everything seemingly it prompts...
  9. WIndows 11 update downloads, installs and rolls back itself to WIndows 10

WIndows 11 update downloads, installs and rolls back itself to WIndows 10: So my problem is this:my PC displays a message that it fulfills minimal requirements to update the system from Windows 10 current to Windows 11.I start the update manually, it downloads the data 100% and installs it also 100%. Having installed everything seemingly it prompts...
  10. WIndows 11 update downloads, installs and rolls back itself to WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade