Windows 10: Windows 10: RTM is dead (sorta) -- Long live Windows as a Service

Discus and support Windows 10: RTM is dead (sorta) -- Long live Windows as a Service in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; See to me, this is how I always saw the situation. To me, "as a service" never had anything to do with pay structure; just the delivery method.. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by swarfega, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Windows 10: RTM is dead (sorta) -- Long live Windows as a Service

*Ditto That's how I read the "as a service" too. Some just read one or two lines of an article and then go nuts with a "I told you so" type comment. *Rolleyes

alphanumeric, Jul 22, 2015
  2. groze Win User

Windows lifecycle fact sheet - Windows Help

Windows 10 is listed.

groze, Jul 22, 2015
  3. Trust_No1 Win User
    Trust_No1, Jul 22, 2015
  4. Sandman Win User

Windows 10: RTM is dead (sorta) -- Long live Windows as a Service

All this seems to want me to pull the trigger and upgrade my main 8.1 Pro system with 10. Currently, I have been running W10 in dual boot mode. I wonder if I should go ahead and do my final, actual upgrade now.

Sandman, Jul 22, 2015
  5. Trust_No1 Win User
    I am just curious, does it not bother you that the updates will be automatic and you will have no control over them?

Trust_No1, Jul 22, 2015
  6. Sandman Win User
    My understanding is, I will. I am running the Pro version... therefore have up to 8 months to decide on updates.

Sandman, Jul 22, 2015
  7. They could and likely will extend it. They have to pick some time frame to start with. If they had put down forever, and then changed their minds down the road, they'd get a pile of bad press. I expect at least on more name change, likely to just Windows. I wouldn't read to much into the end of support date.

8. Windows 10: RTM is dead (sorta) -- Long live Windows as a Service

My understanding is you can defer upgrades, that doesn't affect updates though. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-in-windows-10 Still doesn't bother me enough that I won't upgrade to Windows 10 on the 29th.

9. Cr00zng Win User
    Cr00zng, Jul 22, 2015
  10. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .hence, by your way of looking at it that means the mac OSX is also a long living beta. . .*really

Thema:

Windows 10: RTM is dead (sorta) -- Long live Windows as a Service

1. Windows 10: RTM is dead (sorta) -- Long live Windows as a Service - Similar Threads - RTM dead sorta

2. WIndows 10 RTM Core

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIndows 10 RTM Core: Hi, I bought a aftermarket notebook - razer blade pro 2017an operating system was Windows 10 enterprise hacked, i thinki scanned with some tools my system and found what in the bios there area key for window 10 RTM Core, can someone tell me how i can now use this key legally,...
  3. WIndows 10 RTM Core

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 RTM Core: Hi, I bought a aftermarket notebook - razer blade pro 2017an operating system was Windows 10 enterprise hacked, i thinki scanned with some tools my system and found what in the bios there area key for window 10 RTM Core, can someone tell me how i can now use this key legally,...
  4. Windows 10 RTM CoreSingleLanguage

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 RTM CoreSingleLanguage: I have seconhand laptop that has a pre installed windows 10 home single language, I dont know its version I guest it's Windows 10 Version 1507.I do have a screenshot of its system please see the photo below. [ATTACH][ATTACH] Then my HDD fails and bring it to a technician...
  5. Windows 10 2004 update fails - sorta

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 update fails - sorta: I am the SCCM admin for a mid-size University and I have an issue that has occurred on several computers with the latest Windows 10 Enterprise update to build 2004. The update installed from Software Center and everything went normal. After a reboot, a version check...
  6. SMB is Dead, Long Live SMB

in Windows 10 News
    SMB is Dead, Long Live SMB: Hello again, James Kehr here with another guest post. Titles are hard to do. They must convey the topic to the reader while being both interesting and informative, all at the same time. Doing this with a technical article makes life even harder. Now imagine my dilemma when...
  7. Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 RTM?: Greetings. I have been using Windows Live Mail since it came out as a replacement for Outlook Express. Now I'm told, that Windows Live Mail will not work in Windows 10 after the Preview period. Can anybody confirm this? As I also use emails to/from my job I can't use a...
  8. maps live tile dead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    maps live tile dead: New version of maps came through on store updates this morning. It works fine but the live tile no longer seems to function. appears to be dead. Tried turning live tile off and on but made no difference. Seems to be same on our other pc too. Anyone else notice this? I love it...
  9. Dead Live Tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dead Live Tiles: I lost Live tiles when I did a registry patch to fix a problem with Notifications see How to reset notification from these apps - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums How can I get them back again - tried unpinning, resetting, rebooting... [img] And notifications pop up in...
  10. Windows 10 will not RTM this week

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 will not RTM this week: Earlier this week, we reported that Microsoft was expected to hit the RTM (Release To Manufacturing) milestone this week but that deadline has now slipped. The company was initially targeting July 9th for the date, but sources inside the company have indicated that this will...