Windows 10: Windows 10 RTM: June is the target

Discus and support Windows 10 RTM: June is the target in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is moving at a very quick pace with Windows 10, from new technical previews being pushed at a semi-regular pace, to also building Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 8, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 10 RTM: June is the target

Source

See also: Windows 10 release date rumors challenge traditional development schedule

labeeman, Feb 8, 2015
  2. BunnyJ New Member

Wow,, now this would be fantastic!!

Jeff

:)

BunnyJ, Feb 8, 2015
  3. JimWynne Win User
    JimWynne, Feb 8, 2015
  4. Windows 10 RTM: June is the target

Will downloaded games that are meant for windows 8 work with windows 10

The Windows 10 RTM final release is complete copy of the software that is designated as ready and fit for use in production environments. To reach RTM, a particular build has to go through a series of thorough regression test and optimizations to reach a
    level of quality satisfactory for production.

For example, Windows 7 RTM build 7600.16385 that build and was completed on July 22nd 2009. Another major difference between Windows 7 RC (Release Candidate) and RTM (in particular Ultimate), with the RC it goes into Reduced Functional Mode on June 1st 2010,
    bi-hourly shutdowns will begine March 1st 2010.

Another difference is, the RTM build does not expire.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 8, 2015
  5. Vladimir Win User
    I thought it would be released in october only... Fantastic !

*Smile

Vladimir, Feb 8, 2015
  6. This would definitely be great!

Matt Siegel, Feb 8, 2015
  7. About bloody time they release it before October! Yay!

Coke Robot, Feb 8, 2015
  8. LEE
    Lee Win User

. . .Whatever. . .*Biggrin,Maybe that should be whenever. . .*Thumbs

9. gzt7d8 Win User
    Better timing than I heard, that would be great!

Looking forward to it. *Thumbs

gzt7d8, Feb 8, 2015
  10. WHS
    whs Win User
    June is not a good date - at least for Europe. Everybody is or goes on vacation and that is certainly not the time that people buy computers. Maybe it is different in the US where people do not have 6 weeks vacation and don't go to the beaches for 4 weeks. But I doubt that Microsoft and the PC manufacturers would want to miss a good start on half of their market.

11. DavidY Win User
    As I understand it, RTM is when manufacturers (and folks with MSDN accounts etc.) get it, not when it appears in the shops? So it wouldn't be widely available to the public in June.

I seem to remember that when 8.1 hit RTM, you still couldn't get it unless you had MSDN/Technet etc.?

DavidY, Feb 9, 2015
  12. WHS
    whs Win User
    David, still - in Europe you would lose a lot of the initial excitement effect. The continent comes back to normal in mid September and that is a long ways from June. I think a launch in October would be smarter. Then you hit the holiday shopping period.

13. caperjack Win User

wow everyone get 6 weeks vacation ,a lot of North America only get 6to8 weeks of work, especially in my part of Canada ,we get summer work when the Americans come to visit ,lol

caperjack, Feb 9, 2015
  14. WHS
    whs Win User
    Yeah, 6 weeks vacation is pretty common in Europe. It does, of course, vary from country to country, but in central Europe that is more or less the norm. When I was still working, I had 9 weeks vacation.

But you are even better off. You only work for 6 weeks in the year, LOL. I know a potato farmer that is that lucky. He plants the potatoes in the spring and harvests them in the fall. The rest of the year he is off.

15. rfruth Win User
    If RTM is in June wonder when us common folks will see it *Biggrin

rfruth, Feb 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 RTM: June is the target - Similar Threads - RTM June target

2. WIndows 10 RTM Core

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIndows 10 RTM Core: Hi, I bought a aftermarket notebook - razer blade pro 2017an operating system was Windows 10 enterprise hacked, i thinki scanned with some tools my system and found what in the bios there area key for window 10 RTM Core, can someone tell me how i can now use this key legally,...
  3. WIndows 10 RTM Core

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 RTM Core: Hi, I bought a aftermarket notebook - razer blade pro 2017an operating system was Windows 10 enterprise hacked, i thinki scanned with some tools my system and found what in the bios there area key for window 10 RTM Core, can someone tell me how i can now use this key legally,...
  4. WIndows 10 RTM Core

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 RTM CoreSingleLanguage

Windows 10 RTM CoreSingleLanguage: I do have pre installed W10 HOME SL on my laptop and I recently reformat it and installed W10 Pro. Now I want to return it to W10 HOME SL by using its OEM Product key but the case is I forgot what version of W10 Home SL was installed on it, will any version of W10 ISO...
  6. Windows 10 RTM CoreSingleLanguage

Windows 10 RTM CoreSingleLanguage: I have seconhand laptop that has a pre installed windows 10 home single language, I dont know its version I guest it's Windows 10 Version 1507.I do have a screenshot of its system please see the photo below. [ATTACH][ATTACH] Then my HDD fails and bring it to a technician...
  7. Office Insider Monthly (Targeted) v2005 build 12827.20336 - June 8

in Windows 10 News
    Office Insider Monthly (Targeted) v2005 build 12827.20336 - June 8: Resolved issues PowerPoint We have fixed an issue with replace fonts dialog where replace font dropdown only shows fonts within the presentation instead of fonts installed on the system. Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/off...n-2005-june-08...
  8. Office Insider Monthly (Targeted) v2005 build 12827.20320 - June 4

in Windows 10 News
    Office Insider Monthly (Targeted) v2005 build 12827.20320 - June 4: Version 2005 (Build 12827.20320) Feature updates Access Keep up with the times! The Date/Time Extended data type has better precision.: Introducing a new and improved data type. To enhance syntax compatibility with SQL, and to increase accuracy and level of detail in...
  9. Office Insider Monthly (Targeted) v1905 build 11629.20214 - June 3

in Windows 10 News
    Office Insider Monthly (Targeted) v1905 build 11629.20214 - June 3: June 03, 2019 Version 1905 (Build 11629.20214) Release notes not yet available from Microsoft, but most likely the same has here. This post will be updated if/when available. Source: Office Insiders Update History for Office Monthly Channel (Targeted) | Microsoft Docs...
  10. Windows 10 will not RTM this week

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 will not RTM this week: Earlier this week, we reported that Microsoft was expected to hit the RTM (Release To Manufacturing) milestone this week but that deadline has now slipped. The company was initially targeting July 9th for the date, but sources inside the company have indicated that this will...