Windows 10: Windows 10 run as administrator - search button at taskbar is not responsive. !

Discus and support Windows 10 run as administrator - search button at taskbar is not responsive. ! in Cortana to solve the problem; I bought three computers. all windows 10. ThIS applies to all computers. Once i log in as windows built in administrator (I went into user group and... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by may yuan, Apr 5, 2019.

1. may yuan Win User

Windows 10 run as administrator - search button at taskbar is not responsive. !

I bought three computers. all windows 10. ThIS applies to all computers.

Once i log in as windows built in administrator (I went into user group and enable administrator account and reset its password),

i logged in as administrator

and i realized the search button does not work ., I am refeering to the search button at taskbar (the magnifying glass icon).

When i click on start function, the search function inside does not work as well.

I logged in as another user ( the one i created when i first start up computer), the search function and everything else work fine.

:)

may yuan, Apr 5, 2019
  2. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 run as administrator - search button at taskbar is not responsive. !

Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 run as administrator - search button at taskbar is not responsive. !

1. Windows 10 run as administrator - search button at taskbar is not responsive. ! - Similar Threads - run administrator search

2. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  3. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  4. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Taskbar not responsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar not responsive: Hi, so I was starting my computer today, and I noticed that login takes longer than usual. After I was logged in, the Taskbar isn't responding, i.e. doesn't show icons. I restarted explorer.exe and it shows the icons but I can't click them. Also, Settings isn't opening but I...
  6. Some Taskbar Buttons are not Responsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some Taskbar Buttons are not Responsive: Hi, I got a brand new HP Envy laptop, and just after 3 weeks of occasional use June 11, 2021 some buttons on the Task Manager are not responding. Start, Search, Calendar, Power, WiFi, and Volume buttons are not responding, the rest of the buttons work. I tried everything I...
  7. Windows 10 Home - No response to Run Command Prompt as Administrator

Windows 10 Home - No response to Run Command Prompt as Administrator: I have a Win 10 Home PC running 10.0.19041 When trying to run Command Prompt as Administrator right click and select method nothing happens. I am logged in as an Administrator user. Web search suggested looking at Autorun entry in Registry for Current User, Software,...
  8. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.: My PC start and search button of the taskbar is not functioning. Whenever I clicked on start and search button, nothing happens, there is no start menu and no search dialogue box on clicking those buttons. However, when I hover on the start and search buttons, they display...
  9. Windows 10 Taskbar Not Responsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Taskbar Not Responsive: Hey all, just randomly last night my I left my PC idle for about 10 minutes (with a chrome window open ). To my surprise, my mouse was unresponsive when clicking on my taskbar I couldn't click any of the icons. Strangely enough I can click things on chrome perfectly fine....
  10. Taskbar search button

Taskbar search button: How do I add the search button to my taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-search-button/ad27bc58-320c-4371-b764-3d65df762d8d