Windows 10: Windows 10 : running App issues

Discus and support Windows 10 : running App issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI I start getting below Error when trying to run any app in windows 10 This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nazarahmed, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 : running App issues

HI

I start getting below Error when trying to run any app in windows 10

This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install an app or if one is already installed , create an association in the default apps settings page

please advice

:)

Nazarahmed, Oct 27, 2019

2. App store issues in Windows 10

Hi Herbert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try troubleshooting the Windows app and check if issue persist. To do so, kindly refer to the below given steps:

I suggest you to runthe Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• ClickonWindows Store app.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

• Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist kindly follow the below given link to run Windows app troubleshooter:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Photos app doesn't run.

Hi,

Incompatible software installed in your PC can conflict with Windows apps and cause performance issues. We can suggest several troubleshooting steps to isolate and resolve the issue. As an initial recommendation, you can run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    . This will identify the cause of the issue and provide you further suggestions for troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, you can uninstall the Photos app and reinstall it by doing the steps below:

• Type Windows PowerShell in the search box at the taksbar.
    • In the search results, right click on Windows PowerShell and
      Run as administrator.
    • On the Powershell prompt, type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage.
    • Press Enter.
    • Once uninstalled, you can reinstall the app from this
      link

Let us know if the suggestions above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 : running App issues

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows 10 : running App issues :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 : running App issues

1. Windows 10 : running App issues - Similar Threads - running App issues

2. Window 10 App store no running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 App store no running: I just reset my Window 10 notebook to the factory setting. After the set up finish, I tried to open the Microsoft App Store to look for apps but there is a screen pop up saying "Something happened at our end. Waiting a bit might help." I tried to refresh the page, it is still...
  3. Can't run Windows 10 apps.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't run Windows 10 apps.: i can't run the Your Phone app. It gives me the error:There is a problem with Your Phone. Reinstall the app from its original install location or contact your administrator.says the same for some other apps. for example weather, news, voice recorder, camera, calendar or...
  4. Issue running an app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issue running an app: Hello So Im trying to run Cmder in my computer but Microsoft defenders doesn't let me because it might be a threat. I try turn it off temporarly so I could run the app but it still doesn't allow me. How can I solve this problem? I really need to use the app as soon as...
  5. Teams issue running on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Teams issue running on Windows 10: I have been working with MS Teams support for over 6 weeks and they are telling me now that it's an OS issue and not an application issue. The issue is that when I try to connect to a meeting from the Teams client or Edge browser it does not work, but if I connect from...
  6. Windows 10 running issue after an app update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 running issue after an app update: Hello all, I'm trying to fix my next door neighbors Win 10 (home) desktop issue. So this much I know.... sometime around 12/18 the pc was doing an app update (AVG) maybe the home owner wasn't home at the time ... the end result was black screen and banner complaining about...
  7. Bluetooth issue running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth issue running Windows 10: Hi all, I've a frustrating Bluetooth issue, which hopefully one of the gurus can assist with. My tech knowledge is average and I've now come to a conclusion as to the problem, after many hours of trying to reconcile the issues by a process of deduction. Issue PC...
  8. Windows 10 "Run as Administrator" issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 "Run as Administrator" issues: Hi Everyone! Ever since I started using windows 10 (fresh install), I've had this issue. I go to install a program, or run a program that needs elevated rights, and the program acts like it is in the Admin account, meaning it defaults to the Admin user account's file...
  9. Windows 10 RUN issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 RUN issue: Hi all, Can someone help me please? If I open the Run dialog (Windows Key + R) as soon as I type the letter c/C it automatically opens a window above the search bar with filenames from C:\Users\*my username* How can I disable this? Thanks in advance 119306
  10. Will Windows 10 apps run on 8.1?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Windows 10 apps run on 8.1?: I'm trying to get an answer! Will Windows 10 apps run on 8.1? 5800