Windows 10: windows 10 running at extremely slow speed

Discus and support windows 10 running at extremely slow speed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 version 1709 (OS build 16299.431) I went out for 20 minutes with my system up and running and online. When I came back my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Philippe1269, Aug 20, 2019.

1. windows 10 running at extremely slow speed

I am running windows 10 version 1709 (OS build 16299.431)

I went out for 20 minutes with my system up and running and online. When I came back my system was in the Bios settings.

I turned it off and powered it on and it got me to my logon screen then system started working at grindingly slow speed with no access to settings, file directory and extremely slow reaction time to commands i.e press button and get a screen up 5 minutes after.

I tried to run a scan fc but eventually gave up after 4 hours since it had only reached 4 %.

I tried to run my PC in safe mode to no avail. Still extremely slow. And impossible to open device manager , hardware storage, explorer and most system commands. When I try to open the tskmanager I get an exception processing message 0xc0000006 Parameters 0x7fff90f01b58 0x7fff90f01b58 0x7fff90f01b58 error.

Any help is most appreciated!

:)

Philippe1269, Aug 20, 2019

2. Internet speeds extremely slow

How do I fix slow internet speeds on a laptop running windows 10, other computers running windows 8 are fine?

Deanea (live.com, Aug 20, 2019
  3. ReubenFaleiro, Aug 20, 2019
  4. windows 10 running at extremely slow speed

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 running at extremely slow speed

1. windows 10 running at extremely slow speed - Similar Threads - running extremely slow

2. Windows 10 running extremely slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 running extremely slow.: The windows installed on my desktop Lenovo All in One running extremely slow. I have observed most of the time either updates are downloading or installing. It takes 10-15 minutes to open any app. I am giving preference for updates but it will make system so slow then what is...
  3. Windows 10 running extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 running extremely slow.: The windows installed on my desktop Lenovo All in One running extremely slow. I have observed most of the time either updates are downloading or installing. It takes 10-15 minutes to open any app. I am giving preference for updates but it will make system so slow then what is...
  4. Windows 10 running extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Overall download speeds are extremely slow.

Overall download speeds are extremely slow.: When I try to download games, the speeds are around 1-3mb/s, this is consistent with all the launchers I tested. When downloading files from the web, it's around 100kb/s. I did an internet test and I got around 10mb/s on both download and upload. On another pc it's 60mb/s and...
  6. Extremely slow download speeds

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Extremely slow download speeds: A few days ago I tried to download Forza Horizon 4 on my new pc from Microsoft store. After about a minute of downloading at 50 mb/s, my download speeds dropped to around 5 mb/s. I ran a speed test and am getting speeds of around 20 mb/s. Is there a way to increase download...
  7. Help with windows 10 running extremely slow.

Help with windows 10 running extremely slow.: So i tried to put windows 10 on an ssd while running apps and programs from my normal hdd. After i got it working on the ssd my computer froze and seems to have bricked the ssd as i cant seem to find it when on BIOS or in device management. As i boot the old windows running...
  8. Extremely slow internet speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Extremely slow internet speed: When i open Task Manager it clearly says that Steam is using 50% network at 45mbps. But when i open steam the game is only downloading at 5mbps. Help please submitted by /u/Chuck-E_Cheeks [link] [comments]...
  9. Wireless internet extremely slow speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless internet extremely slow speeds: Been trying to diagnose extremely slow wireless internet speeds. Windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.316. Wireless adapter is a Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Adapter. Using linetest.nz shows an average download speed of approx. 1-1.5mbps, sometimes as high as 5, or as low...
  10. Extremely slow download speeds in Steam with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow download speeds in Steam with Windows 10: I recently downloaded Windows 10 and am having awful download speeds compared to what they were with Windows 7. With Windows 7 I averaged about 9.8MB/s. With Windows 10 I am getting 400KB/s max. At one point after restarting steam, the download went all the way up to...