Windows 10: Windows 10 running extremely slow after system restore

Discus and support Windows 10 running extremely slow after system restore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a virus attack sometime back, so then i tried and removed the virus with the help of windows defender and then even did a system restore to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RikkiKamra, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Windows 10 running extremely slow after system restore

I had a virus attack sometime back, so then i tried and removed the virus with the help of windows defender and then even did a system restore to the laptop. And since that point of restore my computer have slowed down completely. It takes a lot of time for boot which was done quickly before. When tried to access the task manager to see what is the error or application or stats of the computer then it takes a minute or two for the task manager to start up. Tried restarting pc for multiple times but it does not help. Its been over a month since i am facing this issue. Please help and guide me as to how can i get my speed back.

:)

RikkiKamra, Dec 26, 2018

2. Just restored computer to factory settings and it is running extremely slow Windows 10

Just restored computer to factory settings and it is running extremely slow Help

KimberliWhite, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Jose Est Win User
    system running slow

Hi Santanu,

If a slow PC lets you down, we have several suggestions to help make your Windows 10 PC run better.

The tips below are listed in order, so we need to start with the first one and then continue to the next one until our issue is resolved.

Here are the tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10:

• Make sure you have the latest updates for Windows and device drivers.
    • Restart your PC and open only apps you need.
    • Check memory and memory usage.
    • Restore your PC from a system restore point.
    • Disable unnecessary startup programs.
    • Check for and remove viruses and malware.
    • Check for corrupted Windows system files
    • Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
    • Adjust or turn off OneDrive sync.
    • Reset your PC.

Click this link for a detailed instructions on how to perform
    each tip.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Jose Est, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Windows 10 running extremely slow after system restore

Windows 10 EXTREMELY slow performance!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check for status.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left pane.
    • From the list click on System Maintenance and follow the on screen prompts.

Also, suggest you to check if the issue persists in Safe Mode.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 running extremely slow after system restore

1. Windows 10 running extremely slow after system restore - Similar Threads - running extremely slow

2. Windows 10 running extremely slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 running extremely slow.: The windows installed on my desktop Lenovo All in One running extremely slow. I have observed most of the time either updates are downloading or installing. It takes 10-15 minutes to open any app. I am giving preference for updates but it will make system so slow then what is...
  3. Windows 10 running extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 running extremely slow.: The windows installed on my desktop Lenovo All in One running extremely slow. I have observed most of the time either updates are downloading or installing. It takes 10-15 minutes to open any app. I am giving preference for updates but it will make system so slow then what is...
  4. Windows 10 running extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 8.1 Runs extremely slow after restoring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 Runs extremely slow after restoring: Hello, I was suspisious of a virus on my computer not allowing me to run a game I intented to play, tried method with clean boot by msconfig but found it didnt solve the issue. I decided to restore my pc by refreshing windows. However after it was complete it became really...
  6. Windows 8.1 Runs extremely slow after restoring

Windows 8.1 Runs extremely slow after restoring: Hello, I was suspisious of a virus on my computer not allowing me to run a game I intented to play, tried method with clean boot by msconfig but found it didnt solve the issue. I decided to restore my pc by refreshing windows. However after it was complete it became really...
  7. Help with windows 10 running extremely slow.

Help with windows 10 running extremely slow.: So i tried to put windows 10 on an ssd while running apps and programs from my normal hdd. After i got it working on the ssd my computer froze and seems to have bricked the ssd as i cant seem to find it when on BIOS or in device management. As i boot the old windows running...
  8. windows 10 running at extremely slow speed

windows 10 running at extremely slow speed: I am running windows 10 version 1709 (OS build 16299.431) I went out for 20 minutes with my system up and running and online. When I came back my system was in the Bios settings. I turned it off and powered it on and it got me to my logon screen then system started...
  9. "Not responding"/running extremely slow

"Not responding"/running extremely slow: I have an Asus laptop running on Windows 10. Recently it's been booting up EXTREMELY slow as well as running slow. Also, when I have programs open (doesn't matter which ones) it will come up as "not responding" in the middle of using it. I recently ran sfc/scanned via command...
  10. Windows 10's system restore is *extremely* slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10's system restore is *extremely* slow: I am trying to go back to a previous restore point in Windows 10 Home edition (version 1809). In Windows 7 I could use system restore to do that, and it was fast and easy, like less than five minutes. In Windows 10 it takes several hours (not an exaggeration)! What am I doing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slow windows 10 after restore

2. windows system restore slow

3. after system restore pc running slow

4. windows 10 slow after restore