Windows 10: Windows 10 running issue after an app update

Discus and support Windows 10 running issue after an app update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm trying to fix my next door neighbors Win 10 (home) desktop issue. So this much I know.... sometime around 12/18 the pc was doing an app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dgalekov, Jan 6, 2019.

1. dgalekov Win User

Windows 10 running issue after an app update

Hello all,

I'm trying to fix my next door neighbors Win 10 (home) desktop issue. So this much I know.... sometime around 12/18 the pc was doing an app update (AVG) maybe the home owner wasn't home at the time ... the end result was black screen and banner complaining about windows32.exe missing. My thinking is mayme you had a power hit during the update and some files/dirs are missing. I tried to boot the pc from a win 10 flash drive and do a restore but it failed. I found a way to get into safe mode ( booting off the hdd) and the restore finished but the wasn't right. Graphics was restored but somethings didn't work ...like the left mouse button on the start icon ... or in LAN settings proxy is default and can't be changed ... the apply button is grayed out... ie doesn't launch but chrome or firefox does. I had to use regedit to change 03 ( proxy is enabled) to 09 automatically detect settings) and that allowed the internet to work. And there's another issue right click start - settings doesn't work and neither does right click on desktop to change display. I just can't find anymore restore points on his PC. My pc is win 10 pro and his is win10 home ... that shouldn't be the issue correct ??? he is admin in user settings. I just can't believe that this problem can't be solved .. after it's win 10. I have 2 desktops one is win 10 pro and the other is win 7 pro ... my win 7 is powered down but the win 10 is on ups so could that be the issue .. loosing power during an update??? I forgot you also can't save anything onto the task bar.

Thanks

Dale G.

:)

dgalekov, Jan 6, 2019

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jan 6, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

The recent Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3213986) cripples multi-monitor gaming, looking at the way Microsoft worded its "known issues" text. After the update is applied, users with multi-monitor setups could experience screen stuttering or clipped screens when running 3D apps on machines with more than one monitor. The only workaround Microsoft suggests for now entails running your 3D apps in non-fullscreen modes, such as windowed-maximized (pseudo-fullscreen) or windowed modes. Microsoft also goes as far as to suggest that people with multi-monitors could try starting their 3D apps with just one monitor connected.

"Users may experience delayed or clipped screens while running 3D rendering apps (such as games) on systems with more than one monitor," the change-log for the KB3213986 update reads. "To work around this issue please consider the following options: 1. Running the application in Windows mode (not full screen), or 2. Starting the application with only one monitor connected," it adds. The update effectively cripples multi-monitor gaming, using technologies such as AMD Eyefinity or NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround.

Windows 10 running issue after an app update 5781d75ceca3_thm.jpg

Source: Microsoft

btarunr, Jan 6, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 running issue after an app update - Similar Threads - running issue app

2. Issue with Huawei laptop after running updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Huawei laptop after running updates: Hey! I bought a new laptop last week and after it ran windows updates and a BIOS update, it keeps giving me a blue screen and then restarts itself. The first day I used the laptop it had no issues. After the 14th of this month the problem started. Everytime, I uninstall the...
  3. Issue with Huawei laptop after running updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Huawei laptop after running updates: Hey! I bought a new laptop last week and after it ran windows updates and a BIOS update, it keeps giving me a blue screen and then restarts itself. The first day I used the laptop it had no issues. After the 14th of this month the problem started. Everytime, I uninstall the...
  4. can't run games/apps after windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't run games/apps after windows update.: One day, the first of February, my computer started to update. I knew it would take a while, so I went to do other things. When I came back, the update was finished, but I could see a bunch of error tabs. There was about five. Each one from a different app. They were all...
  5. Issues with windows 10 after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with windows 10 after update: Device performance and health is unchecked and device status is unknown after update. Start menu does not work, Microsoft edge does not work, created new WDAGUtility and windows are loading from there, its painfully slow. What is the solution?...
  6. Issue running an app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issue running an app: Hello So Im trying to run Cmder in my computer but Microsoft defenders doesn't let me because it might be a threat. I try turn it off temporarly so I could run the app but it still doesn't allow me. How can I solve this problem? I really need to use the app as soon as...
  7. Windows update issue. Tablet drivers not running after attempting to update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows update issue. Tablet drivers not running after attempting to update.: When trying to update my wife's HP Elite book, from build 1803 to 1909, after it goes through everything I keep getting a box that says "Tablet driver not running" and a black screen and I cant do anything except roll back to 1803 again. All the drivers are up to date...
  8. Windows 10 : running App issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 : running App issues: HI I start getting below Error when trying to run any app in windows 10 This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. please install an app or if one is already installed , create an association in the default apps settings page...
  9. Updated drivers app will not run on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updated drivers app will not run on Windows 10: I am looking for guidance on an issue that I have just started having again. 3 years ago I started seeing what I assume is the BSOD and after having to do a custom install of windows 10 to get to the most current version of 1803 the problem has appeared again. Yesterday and...
  10. Store apps not running after anniversary update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store apps not running after anniversary update: Before the anniversary update all of my Windows Store apps were working properly. Now some of the apps will start the app splash screen like it is going to launch, then it exits back to the desktop. I have searched the issue of windows store apps not running on the internet....