Windows 10: Windows 10 Running slow/laggy since mid January

Discus and support Windows 10 Running slow/laggy since mid January in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there. My windows 10 was running just fine as usual, but at some point during this month without any change in hardware or software, my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/frynler, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Running slow/laggy since mid January

Hi there. My windows 10 was running just fine as usual, but at some point during this month without any change in hardware or software, my computer started running very slow, to the point that games, programs, and even windows itself lags and is painfully slow.

I highly doubt it's hardware related as all my hardware is high-end and fairly new. The oldest component I have is around 3 years at most, and it's still high end. I also doubt it's malware related as I didn't install any software or enter any suspicious sites. Still, these are the things I tried in order to fix it:

-Check for malware

-Uninstall January Windows Updates

-Update Nvidia drivers

-Checked task manager to see if there were spikes in CPU/GPU/RAM usage, but the only thing that remotely gets used is RAM (When using programs like photoshop), CPU and GPU are always without any heavy loads whenever the slow downs happen.

So far I haven't got any luck fixing the issue. The main problems I get are as follows:

-Input lag (From barely noticeable to extreme slow downs at times) when on desktop or programs.

-Low frame rates on games that previously ran perfectly fine (from 250+ fps on a game to around 70, to put an example)

-Overall slow performance on regular tasks like opening folders or showing thumbnails, etc.

-Weird audio glitches from time to time, like noise that lasts for a second.

Does anyone else have this issue, or does anyone know what could be causing it, how to diagnose it, or fix it? Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/frynler
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/frynler, Jan 18, 2020
  2. sandman- Win User

Slow & Laggy PC

Hello,

So, a few months ago i decided to upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 Home, everything went though smoothly. a month later i decided to upgrade to windows 10 pro. after upgrading my pc has became extremely slow and laggy. i can barely watch videos, play
    games, web page load extremely slow, everything just slow. so i thought maybe windows 10 pro just isnt for me, so i downgraded back to windows 10 home and everything is still the same, slow and laggy and my CPU and RAM always 100% even when i just have chrome
    open. i deleted the windows.old folder, did a clean install but nothing works. any suggestion?

My pc is a Dell System Inspiron N7110

installed memory ram: 4.00 GB (3.90) GB unstable

Here's a link to my pc test results page

Dell System Inspiron N7110 Performance Results - UserBenchmark

sandman-, Jan 18, 2020
  3. slow and laggy performance

windows 10 is little bit laggy and slow why please tell me

is intel hd graphics good

is K7 total security intivirus good

thank you

parikshit singhVD, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Running slow/laggy since mid January

WHY IS WINDOWS 10 RUNNING SO SLOW?

Hi Sven,

Thanks for showing interest on Windows 10.

I would suggest you to Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Running slow/laggy since mid January

1. Windows 10 Running slow/laggy since mid January - Similar Threads - Running slow laggy

2. Windows 10 is slow and laggy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is slow and laggy: It's been like this for a month. I think an windows 10 update caused it. My specs: Intel Pentium G3220T, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB 7200 RPM HDD, Intel HD Integrated Graphics: GT1, 4400 GT2, 4600 GT2 I'm using HP Pavilion 21-h116 (its probably 6 years old) submitted by...
  3. SLOW AND LAGGY WINDOW 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SLOW AND LAGGY WINDOW 10: hey Microsoft, I am your very old user. ive used your every windows. but recently i bought a new pc for my study purpose. After sometime when i just got used to this window this window 10 STARTED LAGGING AND BEING SLOW which was not right. my background purchases sometimes...
  4. Windows 10 Running slow/laggy since mid January

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Running slow/laggy since mid January: Hi there. My windows 10 was running just fine as usual, but at some point during this month without any change in hardware or software, my computer started running very slow, to the point that games, programs, and even windows itself lags and is painfully slow. I highly...
  5. Windows 10 updated mid december and has been running dead slow since then.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 updated mid december and has been running dead slow since then.: Windows 10 updated mid December and has been running dead slow since then. Frequently get "Not responding" and generally wait another minute or so and it does eventually. Any thoughts? Is it just me?...
  6. Windows 10 laggy and slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 laggy and slow: i own a Lenovo Ip320 80xl specs: i5 7th gen 1tb hdd 8gb ram 2gb nvidia 940mx graphics newer verison of windows 10 like build 1803, 1709 all performs so slow in everything like opening file explorer, this pc, idm all apps slow boot times and shut downs all things are so...
  7. Windows is laggy since update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is laggy since update: Hello. Since installing a certain Windows Update - it was either KB4338853 or KB4343669 - my computer has a lag every few seconds even while performing simple tasks like browing, typing, opening Start and action center. I cannot uninstall the updates as there is no...
  8. Windows 10 clean install laggy and slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 clean install laggy and slow: Hello everyone, So my problem is the windows 10 clean installed being laggy. I disabled a lot of things and its still very slow and laggy. I need help. My specs are: Mobo: gigabyte b360m ds3h cpu: i3 8100 gpu: msi gtx 1050ti psu: 600w xfx ram: goodram iridium 2133 mhz 2x...
  9. Slow/laggy Windows 10 animations

Slow/laggy Windows 10 animations: Hello, I have a new 10" tablet (1920x1080) with a x5-z8300 CPU and the following problem, that all Windows 10 animations like switching windows, opening apps, swiping around the task bar and so on are "laggy" or frames are being dropped. Newest HD drivers are being...
  10. Windows 10 running super slow and laggy

Windows 10 running super slow and laggy: I recently had to do a fresh install of windows 10 after a hard drive corruption, before the update win10 ran silky smooth with almost no lag, after the fresh install win10 takes 5 mins to open the setting panel, tried defragmenting my hard drive, no help, tried setting the...