Windows 10: Windows 10 running slower

Discus and support Windows 10 running slower in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using the windows 10 version 1903 , but i doubt if i am really using it because it has become so slow , similar to an older version.Whenever i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tanvi #, May 30, 2021.

1. Tanvi # Win User

Windows 10 running slower

I am using the windows 10 version 1903 , but i doubt if i am really using it because it has become so slow , similar to an older version.Whenever i close my laptop leaving some files open and again open it later its like the computer freezes and nothing operates ,especially when Microsoft Edge is open , it neither opens nor closes, and i keep clicking on the cross mark but no response. Finally I have to force shut down the laptop closing the files without Saving [ lose all the work] . Tried using windows defender scan And some free antivirus application but problem still persists . Even openin

:)

Tanvi #, May 30, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 30, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Getting slower and slower?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the Windows 10 performance, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: Run the System maintenance troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the
      Search box and hit Enter.
    • Select “System Maintenance” from the
      Troubleshooter window.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Please try to run the Windows Defender to check for the virus on your device.

Refer to: Security & privacy

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 30, 2021
  4. Windows 10 running slower

Game run slower on win10 1803 build.

Hi.

I own dell Vostro 5568 Intel(R) Core(TM) I5-7200U CPU 2.5 GHz 2.7GHz

SSD 255GB and Intel HD 520 - NVIDIA 940MX.

since the last windows update a game I play started to run slower and when I say slower I mean like the character movements are slower like an fps drop.

I got all the updates from dell site also for my graphic card.

I optimized my win10 to max performance.

i added the game to the list in Nvidia control panel and made it to run for performance only.

Power Settings are on Performance as well but game still run slower. it did run better on the 1709 build but I can't go back since I made fresh install of the 1803 build.

any suggestions?

game called mu online.

or hoshkover, May 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 running slower

1. Windows 10 running slower - Similar Threads - running slower

2. My pc is running slower idk why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is running slower idk why: I was listening to music on my pc then out of no where it froze on me being the only tab up. I turn off the pc by holding the power button but now my pc is just running slower I check for viruses none, update my computer to the latest windows 11 update, made space on the ssd,...
  3. My pc is running slower idk why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is running slower idk why: I was listening to music on my pc then out of no where it froze on me being the only tab up. I turn off the pc by holding the power button but now my pc is just running slower I check for viruses none, update my computer to the latest windows 11 update, made space on the ssd,...
  4. Computer is running slower, games are freezing, and computer heating up faster after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is running slower, games are freezing, and computer heating up faster after...: Hi, I have recently withing the last month installed OneDrive so I could use Excell. After I have installed OneDrive my computer as been running far slower than it has been before, things are taking longer to load and even when I have nothing open, the curser has a loading...
  5. Computer is running slower, games are freezing, and computer heating up faster after...

Computer is running slower, games are freezing, and computer heating up faster after...: Hi, I have recently withing the last month installed OneDrive so I could use Excell. After I have installed OneDrive my computer as been running far slower than it has been before, things are taking longer to load and even when I have nothing open, the curser has a loading...
  6. I have Dell Inspiron 3593 and it runs a bit slower than before. What should I do?

I have Dell Inspiron 3593 and it runs a bit slower than before. What should I do?: I own a Dell Inspiron 3593 with Windows 11 Pro, 4GB RAM, 256 GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB HDD, and Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus. I use my laptop for small, regular official work and while working on my system it freezes for a maximum of 1.2 sec and continues where I was. The...
  7. I have Dell Inspiron 3593 and it runs a bit slower than before. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Dell Inspiron 3593 and it runs a bit slower than before. What should I do?: I own a Dell Inspiron 3593 with Windows 11 Pro, 4GB RAM, 256 GB M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB HDD, and Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus. I use my laptop for small, regular official work and while working on my system it freezes for a maximum of 1.2 sec and continues where I was. The...
  8. i get now everyday a BSOD, and after every BSOD my PC runs slower.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i get now everyday a BSOD, and after every BSOD my PC runs slower.: hey i have a problem that started now a while ago, i'm not as good with Pc's as y'all might, cuz it's the first time i'm Having one it's an ASUS Laptop i'm having it since 6 month's around, and after having it around 3 Months it slowely got more problems everyday, it runned...
  9. i get now everyday a BSOD, and after every BSOD my PC runs slower.

i get now everyday a BSOD, and after every BSOD my PC runs slower.: hey i have a problem that started now a while ago, i'm not as good with Pc's as y'all might, cuz it's the first time i'm Having one it's an ASUS Laptop i'm having it since 6 month's around, and after having it around 3 Months it slowely got more problems everyday, it runned...
  10. Laptop internet running 10 times slower than other devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop internet running 10 times slower than other devices.: I have high speed internet. Just ran a speed test on my phone that clocks in at 188 MPS download, which is actually low on average. My laptop on the other hand can only get about 15 MPS download on average - just clocked in at just over 13. I've never had this issue before...