Windows 10: Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute.

Discus and support Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So... I have been this warning: in the security and maintenance section. Everytime I restart my laptop, however, the scan and repair C: drive message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dinnea, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Dinnea Win User

Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute.

So... I have been this warning: in the security and maintenance section. Everytime I restart my laptop, however, the scan and repair C: drive message pops up for a couple of seconds, but it doesnt seem to run. So far I have tried restarting and running some commands as admin in command prompt{sfc /scannow - this said that there were some corrupt files that are fixed nowDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth - this said "no corruption detected"DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth - same as aboveDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth -this said that the operation was performed successfu

:)

Dinnea, Nov 1, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 1, 2022
  3. Ashu..... Win User

When I boot up my pc, i get a text to skip the disk checking.

If i skip, windows boots as usual.

But if I don't, the new text shows: Scanning and repairing drive C. But it doesn't execute as after a couple of seconds, windows boots up as usual.

I have tried checking disk using disk properties-> tools-> check, but the same events occur after restarting, as written above.

I tried to use chkdsk, but message says: your drive may still be corrupt after running chkdsk.

Fsutil shows the bit as dirty, but all online solutions say to use properties to repair drive.

This has resulted in slow boot times and I am afraid if some damage occurs to the drive or its data. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Ashu....., Nov 1, 2022
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute. [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Nov 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute. - Similar Threads - runs scanning repairing

2. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot but never executes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot but never executes.: I want to start off by saying this. I know this is very similar to another question asked here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-runs-scanning-and-repairing-c-on-every/77f8cf15-7c33-4f96-ba6e-8bc9280d5d54. However, following the one answer...
  3. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot but never executes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot but never executes.: I want to start off by saying this. I know this is very similar to another question asked here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-runs-scanning-and-repairing-c-on-every/77f8cf15-7c33-4f96-ba6e-8bc9280d5d54. However, following the one answer...
  4. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot but never executes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute.: So... I have been this warning: in the security and maintenance section. Everytime I restart my laptop, however, the scan and repair C: drive message pops up for a couple of seconds, but it doesnt seem to run. So far I have tried restarting and running some commands as admin...
  6. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot: When I boot my computer I receive a prompt to skip the disk checking. If I skip, windows boots as usual, but if I don't the new text shows, "Scanning and repairing drive C." After a bit of a wait, my computer starts as normal. This happens with every boot, and it has been...
  7. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot

Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot: When I boot my computer I receive a prompt to skip the disk checking. If I skip, windows boots as usual, but if I don't the new text shows, "Scanning and repairing drive C." After a bit of a wait, my computer starts as normal. This happens with every boot, and it has been...
  8. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot

Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot: My computer asks to carry out a scan every time I start my computer. It also gives me 10 seconds to press any key, and if I do so it just acts normally, otherwise it is scanning and repairing C. I looked at fsutil dirty query c: and it says volume - c: is Dirty. What should I...
  10. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute.

Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute.: When I boot up my pc, i get a text to skip the disk checking. If i skip, windows boots as usual. But if I don't, the new text shows: Scanning and repairing drive C. But it doesn't execute as after a couple of seconds, windows boots up as usual. I have tried checking disk...