Windows 10: Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing disk C: every boot, never executes and previous...

Discus and support Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing disk C: every boot, never executes and previous... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have the same issue as this post:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aichaun, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Aichaun Win User

Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing disk C: every boot, never executes and previous...

I have the same issue as this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-runs-scanning-and-repairing-c-on-every/77f8cf15-7c33-4f96-ba6e-8bc9280d5d54So I thought I'd try the answer that was on that thread. I did everything and each step said there was nothing wrong. But it still runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot. I also am 100% sure that my computer is shutting down normally, because it doesn't do or say anything different than last week when it did not do the scanning and I watch it shut down every single time till it is completely turned off. Only thin

:)

Aichaun, Nov 25, 2022
  2. Ashu..... Win User

Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute.

When I boot up my pc, i get a text to skip the disk checking.

If i skip, windows boots as usual.

But if I don't, the new text shows: Scanning and repairing drive C. But it doesn't execute as after a couple of seconds, windows boots up as usual.

I have tried checking disk using disk properties-> tools-> check, but the same events occur after restarting, as written above.

I tried to use chkdsk, but message says: your drive may still be corrupt after running chkdsk.

Fsutil shows the bit as dirty, but all online solutions say to use properties to repair drive.

This has resulted in slow boot times and I am afraid if some damage occurs to the drive or its data. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Ashu....., Nov 25, 2022
  3. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot

When I boot my computer I receive a prompt to skip the disk checking. If I skip, windows boots as usual, but if I don't the new text shows, "Scanning and repairing drive C." After a bit of a wait, my computer starts as normal. This happens with every boot, and it has been going for months if not a year at this point.

I tried multiple solutions I could find online.

I tried running `sfc /scannow` and then running through the DISM tools as recommended in this ticket: Redirecting

Nothing changed

I ran a normal `chkdsk c: /x` and it ran normally with no issues. I restarted my computer and the issue was still there.

I tried running `fsutil dirty query c:` and my computer said the drive is dirty (obviously). I then ran `chkdsk c: /F /V /R /X`. However because the drive was in use it couldn't be locked so it asked me to run the check on next startup, I said yes and restarted my computer. I ran the dirty query again after the restart and my drive was still dirty. Restarted again to see if it would still run the repair at start up and it did.

Lucas Durta, Nov 25, 2022
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing disk C: every boot, never executes and previous...

Scanning and repairing drive (CWindows 10 runs scanning and repairing disk C: every boot, never executes and previous... :) Windows 10

Hi,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system file corruption after it was turned off while it was scanning and repairing drive (CWindows 10 runs scanning and repairing disk C: every boot, never executes and previous... :). For us to help you access your computer and end the scanning and repairing loop, we suggest that you perform a startup repair.
    Kindly follow the steps below:

• Start your computer from the installation media, Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer. Press a key once you see a message that says
      Press any key to boot from DVD.
    • On Install the Windows screen, select Repair your computer to the
      Windows Recovery Environment.
    • On the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
    • Select Advanced options. Under Advanced options, select
      Startup Repair.
    • Startup Repair will now start Diagnosing your PC, and will perform an automatic repair.

Meanwhile, if you don't have a disk or USB, download the ISO from a different computer and try creating a bootable disk or USB. Kindly refer to this

link
    and follow the second option that says Using the tool to create installation media to install Windows 10 on a
    different PC.

Please get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing disk C: every boot, never executes and previous... - Similar Threads - runs scanning repairing

2. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot but never executes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot but never executes.: I want to start off by saying this. I know this is very similar to another question asked here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-runs-scanning-and-repairing-c-on-every/77f8cf15-7c33-4f96-ba6e-8bc9280d5d54. However, following the one answer...
  3. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot but never executes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot but never executes.: I want to start off by saying this. I know this is very similar to another question asked here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-runs-scanning-and-repairing-c-on-every/77f8cf15-7c33-4f96-ba6e-8bc9280d5d54. However, following the one answer...
  4. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot but never executes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing disk C: every boot, never executes and previous...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing disk C: every boot, never executes and previous...: I've tried everything possible, the last thing I tried was to enter the recovery environment and open the cmd to use the commands there, I used chkdsk C: /f /r and then fsutil dirty query c: and the command says that the volume is not dirty but when I turn on the computer and...
  6. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing disk C: every boot, never executes and previous...

Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing disk C: every boot, never executes and previous...: I've tried everything possible, the last thing I tried was to enter the recovery environment and open the cmd to use the commands there, I used chkdsk C: /f /r and then fsutil dirty query c: and the command says that the volume is not dirty but when I turn on the computer and...
  7. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing disk C: every boot, never executes and previous...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing disk C: every boot, never executes and previous...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing disk C: every boot, never executes and previous...: I have the same issue as this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-runs-scanning-and-repairing-c-on-every/77f8cf15-7c33-4f96-ba6e-8bc9280d5d54So I thought I'd try the answer that was on that thread. I did everything and each step said there...
  9. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing disk C: every boot, never executes and previous...

Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing disk C: every boot, never executes and previous...: I have the same issue as this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-runs-scanning-and-repairing-c-on-every/77f8cf15-7c33-4f96-ba6e-8bc9280d5d54So I thought I'd try the answer that was on that thread. I did everything and each step said there...
  10. Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute.

Windows 10 runs scanning and repairing C: on every boot and it doesn't execute.: So... I have been this warning: in the security and maintenance section. Everytime I restart my laptop, however, the scan and repair C: drive message pops up for a couple of seconds, but it doesnt seem to run. So far I have tried restarting and running some commands as admin...