Windows 10: Windows 10 runs so slow

Discus and support Windows 10 runs so slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Does Windows run slow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-runs-so-slow/7bd52054-5560-45dd-9384-1e88acdb44fd Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SC_2018, Nov 27, 2018.

1. SC_2018 Win User

Windows 10 runs so slow

Does Windows run slow?

:)

SC_2018, Nov 27, 2018

2. WHY IS WINDOWS 10 RUNNING SO SLOW?

Hi Sven,

Thanks for showing interest on Windows 10.

I would suggest you to Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 27, 2018
  3. windows 10 running slow

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to run System maintenance troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 runs so slow

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 runs so slow

1. Windows 10 runs so slow - Similar Threads - runs slow

2. Script Running slowing page uploads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Script Running slowing page uploads: Every now and then I get a message flash saying A script is running slowing the page upload do I want to stop it...most of the time I can not get to the button to do this as it has gone. Is there a way to fix this as I have no idea what the script is and if it is damaging...
  3. Omen laptop running slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Omen laptop running slow: I recently asked a question on this asking questions on how to make my HP Omen laptop run faster. The wonderful Eiji T helped me out teaching me how to disable startup apps which helped a lot. But yet again I actually had my computer freeze up and forced me to do a full...
  4. Games run very slow in safe mode, don't work at all in normal mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Games run very slow in safe mode, don't work at all in normal mode: As the title says, when I'm in normal mode, my games don't load at all and say that I'm not connected to the internet even when I am. Microsoft Edge is the only thing that works. When I go to safe mode, everything works fine except for my games. I can run the games, but they...
  5. How to make the best of a slow machine running on limited resources with a Windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make the best of a slow machine running on limited resources with a Windows...: submitted by /u/jesperancinha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkv1vp/how_to_make_the_best_of_a_slow_machine_running_on/
  6. Help with windows 10 running extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with windows 10 running extremely slow.: So i tried to put windows 10 on an ssd while running apps and programs from my normal hdd. After i got it working on the ssd my computer froze and seems to have bricked the ssd as i cant seem to find it when on BIOS or in device management. As i boot the old windows running...
  7. Pc running slow after windows update

Pc running slow after windows update: After installing windows update kb4532693. I just got a new hp pc which was working fine until this very update. I got help from hp and updated bios and checked all hardware . everything was right. Also after the update desktop took a lot of time to load also my IDE takes lot...
  8. New laptop purchsased and sometimes runs very slow switching between applications, then...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New laptop purchsased and sometimes runs very slow switching between applications, then...: Hi, About 2 years ago I purchased a new laptop and ever since I bought it, it sometimes runs very slow when switching between applications and watching videos on YouTube. The video doesn't play and it hangs with the timer showing up. Eventually after waiting for 5 or 10...
  9. I cant click anything?! my computer was running really slow

I cant click anything?! my computer was running really slow: So my computer was running really slow and I did what I thought was best and factory reset it. And everything went okay it booted up and all was good. Until I try to set up my pc and I cant use my keyboard or mouse. I thought maybe it was my USB ports and surely enough it...
  10. Hp Omen laptop running slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hp Omen laptop running slow: Hello! I got my Omen laptop back in march of 2019 and it worked like a dream! But after time passed it started to get slower. I dealt with it for a while but eventually grew tired of it as this is supposed to be an amazing computer. I downloaded Iolo system mechanic a month...