Windows 10: Windows 10 runs so slow

Discus and support Windows 10 runs so slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Does Windows run slow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-runs-so-slow/7bd52054-5560-45dd-9384-1e88acdb44fd Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SC_2018, Nov 27, 2018.

1. SC_2018 Win User

Windows 10 runs so slow

Does Windows run slow?

:)

SC_2018, Nov 27, 2018

2. WHY IS WINDOWS 10 RUNNING SO SLOW?

Hi Sven,

Thanks for showing interest on Windows 10.

I would suggest you to Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 27, 2018
  3. windows 10 running slow

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to run System maintenance troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 runs so slow

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 runs so slow

1. Windows 10 runs so slow - Similar Threads - runs slow

2. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?: The computer worked fine last night, but was a little slow today. I restarted it and now it’s incredibly slow about 30 minutes to load. I can’t bring up settings even in safe mode. Lots of storage space. Very sudden drop in performance....
  3. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?: The computer worked fine last night, but was a little slow today. I restarted it and now it’s incredibly slow about 30 minutes to load. I can’t bring up settings even in safe mode. Lots of storage space. Very sudden drop in performance....
  4. What can I do if my computer suddenly start running so slow I can’t even troubleshoot it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is my processor running so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my processor running so slow?: My processor is running at 0.2 ghz when the base says 2.5 ghz. I have updated drivers, windows updates and ran a HP stess test The stress test said I passed yet I never saw it go past .2 ghz while the test was prefrmed. Could it be a windows 11 patch or update bug?...
  6. Why is my processor running so slow?

Why is my processor running so slow?: My processor is running at 0.2 ghz when the base says 2.5 ghz. I have updated drivers, windows updates and ran a HP stess test The stress test said I passed yet I never saw it go past .2 ghz while the test was prefrmed. Could it be a windows 11 patch or update bug?...
  7. Why is my computer slow and still running even when asleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer slow and still running even when asleep?: This problem popped up a few weeks ago, and seeing as it hasn't gone away on its own, I figured it's probably time to ask for help.My laptop has been running slower than usual lately, and I don't know why. When it's awake and I'm using it, anything I'm doing moving the mouse,...
  8. Why is my computer slow and still running even when asleep?

Why is my computer slow and still running even when asleep?: This problem popped up a few weeks ago, and seeing as it hasn't gone away on its own, I figured it's probably time to ask for help.My laptop has been running slower than usual lately, and I don't know why. When it's awake and I'm using it, anything I'm doing moving the mouse,...
  9. Why is my computer slow and still running even when asleep?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.

Wifi is running so slow on my new windows laptop, but fast in others devices.: i can see that more people had the same problems, i need a solution : the internet is too slow!The velocity on Speedtest looks good. i think that is a PC problem like if he has a internet limit. i tried other wifi and its still the same. Thanks u.I have wimdow 11I intalled...