Windows 10: Windows 10 runs super slow and Wi-Fi, Bluetooth problem.

Discus and support Windows 10 runs super slow and Wi-Fi, Bluetooth problem. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought an Asus laptop which comes with Windows 10 Home and it is running very slow. When I click the power button, it takes ~3 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Syko_Rex, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Syko_Rex Win User

Windows 10 runs super slow and Wi-Fi, Bluetooth problem.

Hi, I recently bought an Asus laptop which comes with Windows 10 Home and it is running very slow. When I click the power button, it takes ~3 minutes to boot the laptop properly.

Default apps are also very slow, File manager takes 10 seconds to open, Chrome takes 2 minutes to open (edge's performance is horrible after 1803 update), Photos app after the update is just way too slow (30 seconds) and Settings app opens in 5 seconds. Why is my laptop so slow?

I recently installed a Linux distribution on my laptop as a dual boot option and everything in this Linux OS is just completely opposite of windows, everything is so smooth and fast. Firefox/chrome takes less than 5 seconds to start. I am pretty sure there's nothing wrong with my laptop's hardware. Its just windows 10 which is buggy. Also, 1803 build 17134.286 uses 2gb of ram on idle.

Another issue is that Wi-Fi just keeps disconnecting every 10-15 minutes. Bluetooth doesn't even work(Adapter fails after windows 10 boot, it only works for 10 minutes), I have to use my wired headset to enjoy the music.

I guess you should change the minimum requirements for windows 10 to work without any problems to:

Minimum i7 7th gen required to run windows 10 properly

Minimum 8gb RAM

1TB nvme SSD

At least a 4GB Graphics card.

Because it just doesn't work well with anything below that specified config.

Huge mistake that I bought a Windows 10 laptop. Will never buy anything related to Windows 10.

:)

Syko_Rex, Oct 1, 2018

2. Slow wi-fi

My laptop, with Windows 10, runs extremely slow on Wi-fi - about 15 Mbps. The warranty dept at Costco is suggesting running Windows 10 back to the factory default. Do you think this will help? I'm thinking it must be a hardware issue, specifically the
    network card?

DavidGadberry, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Windows 10 runs super slow and Wi-Fi, Bluetooth problem.

Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 runs super slow and Wi-Fi, Bluetooth problem.

1. Windows 10 runs super slow and Wi-Fi, Bluetooth problem. - Similar Threads - runs super slow

2. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Wi-Fi: Hi, I'm having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection.Only my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do not behave like this?Why?...
  3. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Wi-Fi: Hi, I'm having issues with my Wi-fi connection. It's slower than usual and also randomly displays "no internet, secured" and loses connection.Only my Windows PC is experiencing this, as other devices connected to the same Wi-fi, mobile phones, do not behave like this?Why?...
  4. Slow Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. slow wi fi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow wi fi: wi fi very slow, Sprint said all fine at their end on Optimum, download 167 upload 37. the keyboard doesnt work but when I swith it to oter usb, it starts to work. also, unable to do software update on my i phone 11...
  6. Wi-fi - Super slow, after update on windows 10 pro

Wi-fi - Super slow, after update on windows 10 pro: Super slow Wifi - Have Windows 10 pro on MacBook Pro with bootcamp. Have been running this setup for years on same laptop. Noticed very very slow wifi after a windows update recently the windows side. Tried resetting router, did all the normal test advised on Microsoft...
  7. Slow Wi-Fi

Slow Wi-Fi: I have presented a bug in the Wi-Fi connection of my computer with Windows 10, the wireless connection is slow, it looks like a turtle. I hope to help soon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-wi-fi/9e75d40e-f9f3-4afc-8bc7-c70ff92234af
  8. Windows 10 Wi-Fi Problem

Windows 10 Wi-Fi Problem: Hello i have problem with Wi-Fi it works for some time than it appers no connection i heard this is known problem with OS 10 can you please help me fix this once for all i searched some youtube tutorials it worked for 5 days and now again problem appearing please help 92856
  9. Windows 10 running super slow and laggy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 running super slow and laggy: I recently had to do a fresh install of windows 10 after a hard drive corruption, before the update win10 ran silky smooth with almost no lag, after the fresh install win10 takes 5 mins to open the setting panel, tried defragmenting my hard drive, no help, tried setting the...
  10. System running super slow with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System running super slow with Windows 10: My Dell Inspiron laptop came with Windows 7 installed in 2011. I had Windows 10 installed via download in August 2015. At first the speed was fine. Now my laptop is so slow that it has become almost unusable. I often click on something and have to wait 10 to 20 seconds for a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi super slow

2. pu401 bluetooth windows 10 wifi slow

3. bluetooth slow wifi

4. windows ten runs slow when connected to bluetooth speakers,
  5. wifi slow when bluetooth on,
  6. slow wifi with bluetooth on,
  7. wifi slow when bluetooth is on win 10