Windows 10: Windows 10 S and apps compatability

Discus and support Windows 10 S and apps compatability in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; About to set up my wife's laptop for a course she is doing next week for a year. It is a Lenovo with wndows 10S with 512 GB ssd I gather that it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by jimh_sup, Dec 30, 2020.

1. jimh_sup Win User

Windows 10 S and apps compatability

About to set up my wife's laptop for a course she is doing next week for a year. It is a Lenovo with wndows 10S with 512 GB ssd I gather that it will only allow her/me to download apps in the MS store. Tried the store to see if I could answer my question but not sure For example will she be able to download:

• BT internet as that contains her e-mail, anti virus etc?
    • Firefox with her bookmarks for the course software and reading?
    • Other apps similar to word?
    • on line storage such as one drive?

I gather that Win 10 S is a light version so occupies less space and probably slightly faster to open etc.

There is also the option to switch presumably to 10 home more space consuming but no going back to 10 S?

Please explain whether 10 S does allow the download of apps such as those above and

If she has to switch back to 10 Home does that mean all the programmes etc downloaded, short cuts will be wiped out or will they still stay on her pc?

:)

jimh_sup, Dec 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    App Compat references for Windows 10

Source: App Compat references for Windows 10

Brink, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 S and apps compatability

Netgear Genie App compatability with Windows 10

These steps got my Net Gear Genie app up and running. I found 2 executables in the Program Files (v86)/NetGear Genie folder: wpdel and wpinst. I had to set them both to run in compatibility mode for Windows 8. Then the app behaved as it did before I upgraded
    to Windows 10.

RichL_1973, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 S and apps compatability

1. Windows 10 S and apps compatability - Similar Threads - apps compatability

2. some apps/ programs not compatible since windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some apps/ programs not compatible since windows 11 update: some apps/ programs not compatible since windows 11 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-apps-programs-not-compatible-since-windows-11/d69f0b2c-4b24-4263-bfb5-115daea05206
  3. some apps/ programs not compatible since windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some apps/ programs not compatible since windows 11 update: some apps/ programs not compatible since windows 11 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-apps-programs-not-compatible-since-windows-11/d69f0b2c-4b24-4263-bfb5-115daea05206
  4. Edit Group Policy for domain to allow PC Health check app to check for windows 11 compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit Group Policy for domain to allow PC Health check app to check for windows 11 compatibility: Hi, I work on a domain and am trying to find a allow the PC Health check app to run the check tool to identify which computers in the domain are windows 11 compatible. The key here is that I want to find either a Group policy edit solution or something we can use and push to...
  5. Edit Group Policy for domain to allow PC Health check app to check for windows 11 compatibility

Edit Group Policy for domain to allow PC Health check app to check for windows 11 compatibility: Hi, I work on a domain and am trying to find a allow the PC Health check app to run the check tool to identify which computers in the domain are windows 11 compatible. The key here is that I want to find either a Group policy edit solution or something we can use and push to...
  6. Edit Group Policy for domain to allow PC Health check app to check for windows 11 compatibility

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How can i use the apps on my Samsung A14 phone on windows 10 if iS not compatible

How can i use the apps on my Samsung A14 phone on windows 10 if iS not compatible: I purchased a new phone. I use Windows 10 because it allows me to use the apps that are only available on phones of course after spending almost $400 and days trying to make it work I was told by Microsoft that this phone does not do that like my A32 had I known that i would...
  8. How can i use the apps on my Samsung A14 phone on windows 10 if iS not compatible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i use the apps on my Samsung A14 phone on windows 10 if iS not compatible: I purchased a new phone. I use Windows 10 because it allows me to use the apps that are only available on phones of course after spending almost $400 and days trying to make it work I was told by Microsoft that this phone does not do that like my A32 had I known that i would...
  9. My app runs fine on my pc but does not run without compatibility mode on my other pc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My app runs fine on my pc but does not run without compatibility mode on my other pc?: I have recently published my C# app using ClickOnce. When I run my app on my PC which uses windows 10, it runs fine but when I try using my other pc which too has windows 10 installed, it doesn't open. I tried using compatibility troubleshooter which recommended me the...
  10. My app runs fine on my pc but does not run without compatibility mode on my other pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My app runs fine on my pc but does not run without compatibility mode on my other pc?: I have recently published my C# app using ClickOnce. When I run my app on my PC which uses windows 10, it runs fine but when I try using my other pc which too has windows 10 installed, it doesn't open. I tried using compatibility troubleshooter which recommended me the...