Windows 10: Windows 10 S and Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64

Discus and support Windows 10 S and Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows Update has failed to successfully download the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool to my Windows 10 S laptop ever since I purchased it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonaldMcEntee, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 S and Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64

Windows Update has failed to successfully download the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool to my Windows 10 S laptop ever since I purchased it. Exploring the why of this, one encounters many stories, including one that says the MSRT isincompatible with Windows 10 S. Another states that the MSRT is not a substitute for areal antivirus solution like Windows Defender. IS my inability to receive MSRT a real concern? Can I correct my inability? Do I need to?

:)

DonaldMcEntee, Jan 18, 2020

2. malicious software removal tool

Hi Alex,

We would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool?
    • What is the last action taken before this issue happens?

We suggest that you check this link for more details regarding your issue:
    The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running supported versions of Windows.

We look forward to your response.

Anthony Gal, Jan 18, 2020
  3. woody51 Win User
    Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool no longer appears in my Windows Start list of programs. I believe it was there last week.

Looking at the Windows Update History:

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016 x64 Edition - January 2018 (KB890830)

Successfully installed on 1/10/2018

Where is it? Why doesn't it appear in the Windows Start? It does not appear in the Programs and Features (Control Panel).

woody51, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Debanjan Win User

Windows 10 S and Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool not downloading

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 x64 Edition - September 2015 (KB890830) is not downloading. Update has been stuck at 3% since 9/9/2015. Cumulative Updates for Win 10 Pro were downloaded and successfully installed on the aforementioned date, after restart. Anybody facing the same problem? Suggestions are welcome. Screenshot has been attached for evidence.

Debanjan, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 S and Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64

1. Windows 10 S and Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - Similar Threads - Malicious Software Removal

2. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool: I have been using Windows 11 since last September 2023, and running Version 23H2.As with Windows 10 previously, I note that every month, a new update of the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool arrives with the daily update of Microsoft available software.The last update...
  3. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool: I have been using Windows 11 since last September 2023, and running Version 23H2.As with Windows 10 previously, I note that every month, a new update of the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool arrives with the daily update of Microsoft available software.The last update...
  4. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.93 KB890830

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.93 KB890830: HI, Windows update recently attempted to install the following update: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.93 KB890830 and it failed. The status was Download error - 0x80070002. How do I resolve this?...
  5. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool: After the last release of this tool on 5th May 2020, MS announced that future releases would be on a quarterly basis. So where is the August update?...
  6. Windows 10 S and Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 S and Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64: Windows Update has failed to successfully download the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool to my Windows 10 S laptop ever since I purchased it. Exploring the why of this, one encounters many stories, including one that says the MSRT isincompatible with Windows 10 S....
  7. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool: After the last Windows 10 update I cannot see Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. Is it missing in the last build? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-malicious-software-removal-tool/a04fa90e-fd45-4404-9f17-ec763d2e3701
  8. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool: It was working months ago now I tried to use it and it says it's blocked by system admin. WTF! How do I either get it working again or just remove the darn thing, thanks 86769
  9. Malicious Software Removal Tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Malicious Software Removal Tool: *Info Shawn has posted a formal announcement of this on this thread: Update: KB890830 update for Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - May 2017 - Windows 10 Forums TC I just did a Check for Updates (WU) and got this. Out of the blue in the middle of the month?...
  10. Malicious Software Removal Tool in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Malicious Software Removal Tool in Windows: How to: Malicious Software Removal Tool in Windows How to Use Malicious Software Removal Tool in Windows The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) helps remove malicious software from your computers that are running Windows 10, Windows Server 2019,...