Windows 10: Windows 10 S Edge browser not letting me switch to google (search engine). Is it possible...

Discus and support Windows 10 S Edge browser not letting me switch to google (search engine). Is it possible... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Reddit. I'm having trouble with my laptop ( Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 1-14-AST-05, Running Windows 10 S version 1909). I'm trying to change the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_imthatdude, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 S Edge browser not letting me switch to google (search engine). Is it possible...

Hi Reddit. I'm having trouble with my laptop ( Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 1-14-AST-05, Running Windows 10 S version 1909). I'm trying to change the Microsoft Edge browser's default search engine to Google, but where you would normally select it is greyed out and does nothing on the new version, and doesn't appear at all on the old version. I've read that this is normal online, and it is not a weird glitch on my device. I'd prefer to run Chrome, but if there is some exploit that at least will let my set the default search engine that would be great. I'd prefer it if it won't void my warranty, but anything would be great. Worst case scenario, would anyone be able to recommend a good S Mode browser?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/_imthatdude
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_imthatdude, Jul 16, 2020

2. changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Cecil_IL Win User
    changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Tried this 26 Nov 2015 to make Google.com my search engine and received report "Couldn't add this provider"

Cecil_IL, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 S Edge browser not letting me switch to google (search engine). Is it possible...

Issue with Googlechrome and Edge search engine

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please provide more information to assist you better.

• Which browser are you using to download Google Chrome?

• Did you try with any other Browser? If not, please verify it.

To change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge, I suggest you to follow the article below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/change-the-default-search-engine-in-microsoft-edge

Hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 S Edge browser not letting me switch to google (search engine). Is it possible...

1. Windows 10 S Edge browser not letting me switch to google (search engine). Is it possible... - Similar Threads - Edge browser letting

2. Use multiple Search Engines at the same time in Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Use multiple Search Engines at the same time in Edge browser: [IMG]In this post, we will show you how to make Edge show Bing, Google, DuckDuckGo, and Yahoo search results at the same time. Edge features a sidebar that enables users to access essential tools and features alongside their browser tabs quickly. One of these tools, known as...
  3. won't let me switch out of s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    won't let me switch out of s mode: I have been trying to switch out of S mode for about a year now and I've tried everything. The directions for switching out of S Mode FROM MICROSOFT state "On your PC running Windows 11 in S mode, open Settings > System > Activation. In the Switch to Windows 11 Pro section,...
  4. won't let me switch out of s mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    won't let me switch out of s mode: I have been trying to switch out of S mode for about a year now and I've tried everything. The directions for switching out of S Mode FROM MICROSOFT state "On your PC running Windows 11 in S mode, open Settings > System > Activation. In the Switch to Windows 11 Pro section,...
  5. Windows 10 Search Engine default browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Search Engine default browser: I often use the Windows 10 Search Engine by hitting the Windowskey and typing in the Software or File name, to launch them. I've seen that websearch is also possible but it uses Microsoft Edge and Bing even though Firefox is my default browser. So I was wondering if it would...
  6. Google Chrome Search Engine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Chrome Search Engine: Today on Google Chrome I noticed the search engine had changed to Yahoo! and going into setting I was unable to change it back to Chrome/ uninstall Yahoo! I went to the list of programs on my pc and tried uninstalling Search Powered by Yahoo! but it didnt work either. Is...
  7. Windows 10 only letting me use Edge as browser.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 only letting me use Edge as browser.: I have been in contact with Microsoft Uk over twitter, I've done the steps they have told me to do, and the problem still hasn't resolved itself. I am a student who needs this fixed as simply, I am not using Edge as my browser. I want to be able to use Google Chrome or any...
  8. Windows Not Letting Me Change Default Browser To Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Not Letting Me Change Default Browser To Google Chrome: I am trying to set google chrome as my default browser but it wont show it as an option [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-not-letting-me-change-default-browser-to/f73597d8-eca6-4b79-b37d-7ffd47a7518b
  9. Google search engine very slow on windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Google search engine very slow on windows 10: Since upgrading to windows 10 home, whenever i go online using either Firefox or Edge using google as my search engine it has become very slow when searching. Its not my internet speeds, those are good. When i open either Firefox or Edge the google homepage opens very fast....
  10. Google Serving Win 10 Edge Browser Users the Old-Style Search Engine

in Windows 10 News
    Google Serving Win 10 Edge Browser Users the Old-Style Search Engine: Google Serving Windows 10 Edge Browser Users the Old-Style Search Engine Layout Changing the user agent does the trick, though [img] It’s not a secret that Google’s isn’t quite a supporter of Microsoft’s modern platforms, be they Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows...