Windows 10: Windows 10 S Mode Fresh Install to upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 S Mode Fresh Install to upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just bought a lenovo idea pad s145 laptop from Amazon in S Mode. When trying to switch from S Mode to home I'm told "you'll need a new app to open this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AntoineDM90, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 S Mode Fresh Install to upgrade

Just bought a lenovo idea pad s145 laptop from Amazon in S Mode. When trying to switch from S Mode to home I'm told "you'll need a new app to open this "ms-windows-store" which from research seems to mean its an older version and not compatible. When I check installed apps the microsoft store is also not listed. Powershell is also missing. I've tried every option and none work for me including download and installing which s mode won't allow me to do. Would purchasing a new copy of Windows 10 and doing a fresh install solve this? I had a copy on a previous laptop and it says i have a digital license tied to that but I don't think I can transfer it over.

:)

AntoineDM90, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jul 7, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User
    Enable S mode in Windows 10  

Ok - when time permits, I will have a crack but not at the moment.

As a suggestion, perhaps a guide subsection in the tutorials section mihht be useful i.e. guides like this that are easy enough to follow but assume sone experience?

I have written a couple of guides that people here have happily followed but they do not have every click e.g. I might say "use fix wondows boot problems"using Macrium Reflect, rather than showing every click, putting a reference to the MR Tutorial.

I could video every step and create a video more easily I suppose.

cereberus, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 S Mode Fresh Install to upgrade

Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi,

Is there any info that we can download the Windows 10 ISO file or Bootable file to have a fresh install of Windows 10 using our recent Windows key or Upgrade key.

As far as I have known, installing via upgrade can cause some corrupt files and etc.

A reformat or clean install would be better.

Any thoughts?

rubenclavs, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 S Mode Fresh Install to upgrade

1. Windows 10 S Mode Fresh Install to upgrade - Similar Threads - Mode Fresh Install

2. Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade: I have recently discovered that on a Surface device of my parent's seemingly no function updates have ever been installed. I don't know whether it never worked or when it stopped working, but the device is stuck on 1909 and Windows update complains that there are missing...
  3. Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade: I have recently discovered that on a Surface device of my parent's seemingly no function updates have ever been installed. I don't know whether it never worked or when it stopped working, but the device is stuck on 1909 and Windows update complains that there are missing...
  4. Windows 10 in S mode does not upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. win 10 in S mode upgrades

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 in S mode upgrades: will 64 bit apps run after upgrade from win 10 in S mode to 10 home to 10 pro 64 b cpu ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-in-s-mode-upgrades/0b635ece-3f8f-418d-96bf-a685dc21a2ff
  6. Fresh install or Upgrade to 10? [Question]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install or Upgrade to 10? [Question]: Ok, I have read enough articles, many posts here on reddit and have some advices from friends. All are equally split between "just upgrade to 10 already, it's not as it was in the past. Just upgrade from within 7" and "of course you will go to a fresh clean install at some...
  7. Upgrade S mode to Home

Upgrade S mode to Home: Trying to get out of S mode. Purchased Windows 10 Home, but did something wrong and it didn't install. Now I cannot figure out how to install it. Would someone explain what I need to do, please. ...frustrated...
  8. Windows 10 S Mode - Installation of device drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 S Mode - Installation of device drivers: All, I understand the proposed benefits of Windows 10 S Mode as should stop unwanted or malicious software being installed however its also impact the security of the laptop. I have recently purchased a laptop (Lenovo) for my daughter however I'm unable to install there...
  9. Fresh install of windows 10 after upgrading?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh install of windows 10 after upgrading?: So I have upgraded from W7 to W10. But there is all kinds of annoying bugs and problems that my friend who did a fresh install doesn't have. So I want to just re-install a fresh W10 rather this upgraded version from W7. How can i do this now that I already upgraded? 20799
  10. Fresh RE-install for free upgrade to windows 10?

Fresh RE-install for free upgrade to windows 10?: Several months ago I got the free upgrade from Win 7 to 10. I did fresh install onto a blank HDD using a proper ISO and used the key on the bottom of my Toshiba laptop. Toshiba provided no Win 10 drivers, but I got everything working with 7 and 8 drivers. Now the question...