Windows 10: Windows 10 S Mode Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 S Mode Issue in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Good Afternoon, I have had continued trouble with getting out of S Mode on my Windows 10 HP Stream. I have followed all of the tutorials regarding... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Erin_2323, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Erin_2323 Win User

Windows 10 S Mode Issue

Good Afternoon,

I have had continued trouble with getting out of S Mode on my Windows 10 HP Stream. I have followed all of the tutorials regarding going through Settings, Activation, Go to the Store, and Switch Out of S Mode. The problem is that the "Get" button is not clickable and I receive the following error message:

Windows 10 S Mode Issue 0b623516-d9e3-4702-a6ee-efdea9672d70?upload=true.png

I am using my own personal laptop and I checked and it shows that I am the administrator. I have tried updating the system and I am all current with Version 1909. Any help would be great. I am an instructor and I need to use Zoom but S Mode prevents me from doing this.

:)

Erin_2323, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 26, 2020
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 S Mode Issue

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 S Mode Issue

1. Windows 10 S Mode Issue - Similar Threads - Mode Issue

2. Windows 11 64 bits professional sleep mode and adjust brightness issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 64 bits professional sleep mode and adjust brightness issues: After last update on Windows 11 64 bits professional I can not put on sleep mode the laptop nor adjust brightness.I have tried shutting down and re start the laptop without sucess...
  3. Windows 11 64 bits professional sleep mode and adjust brightness issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 64 bits professional sleep mode and adjust brightness issues: After last update on Windows 11 64 bits professional I can not put on sleep mode the laptop nor adjust brightness.I have tried shutting down and re start the laptop without sucess...
  4. I am having an issue switching out of s mode on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having an issue switching out of s mode on windows 11: on windows 11, I went through the process and received the confirmation that I was switched out of s mode. I rebooted, but it still says i am in s mode. when I try the switch process again the page juts seems stuck saying "working on it..."...
  5. I am having an issue switching out of s mode on windows 11

I am having an issue switching out of s mode on windows 11: on windows 11, I went through the process and received the confirmation that I was switched out of s mode. I rebooted, but it still says i am in s mode. when I try the switch process again the page juts seems stuck saying "working on it..."...
  6. BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup: Hi, My laptop has issue when cold starting in the morning after a shutdown. It goes into BSOD with errors popping up at times and have to force restart twice to go into my profile and then works just fine once powered on. My main recent issue is there is startup repair...
  7. BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup

BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup: Hi, My laptop has issue when cold starting in the morning after a shutdown. It goes into BSOD with errors popping up at times and have to force restart twice to go into my profile and then works just fine once powered on. My main recent issue is there is startup repair...
  8. Sleep Mode Causes Issues With Keyboard and Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Mode Causes Issues With Keyboard and Headphones: Hello! Most times I put my computer on sleep mode my keyboard and headphones run into issues. I need to restart my headphones software pretty much every single time I wake my computer from sleep software stops recognizing them and then I need to replug in my keyboard for its...
  9. Sleep Mode Causes Issues With Keyboard and Headphones

Sleep Mode Causes Issues With Keyboard and Headphones: Hello! Most times I put my computer on sleep mode my keyboard and headphones run into issues. I need to restart my headphones software pretty much every single time I wake my computer from sleep software stops recognizing them and then I need to replug in my keyboard for its...
  10. edge issue To open this page in IE mode, try restarting Microsoft Edge.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge issue To open this page in IE mode, try restarting Microsoft Edge.: Dears,We have issue which this issue keep appearing in multiple PC which prevent us form opening website that required IE mode.First we remove the IE feature then install it agin it resolve but the issue is back again after some time.Is there any permanent solution for this...