Windows 10: Windows 10 S Mode

Discus and support Windows 10 S Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need opinions on Windows 10 S Mode A friend at our senior center was told she should buy a Windows 10 S Mode instead of upgrading her Windows 7 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MeAndMyComputer, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 S Mode

I need opinions on Windows 10 S Mode

A friend at our senior center was told she should buy a Windows 10 S Mode instead of upgrading her Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home.
    --- She knows I'll be glad to upgrade her Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home.

I went through https://www.howtogeek.com/354057/wha...-10-in-s-mode/.

My friend is a simple computer user but she will want to use Google Chrome as she has on her Windows 7 computer and due to past experience, when someone tells me they don't do anything on their computer that sends me a signal of go with an average computer.
    --- She doesn't understand the limits of S Mode so she has a decision to make.
    --- Personally I believe she should go with Windows 10 Home if she's going to buy a new computer.

I know that isn't much to go by at this point but I need opinions on the value of an S Mode laptop if you can please.

:)

MeAndMyComputer, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 S Mode

Delta6326, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 S Mode

1. Windows 10 S Mode - Similar Threads - Mode

2. Create a shortcut to open Microsoft Edge browser in InPrivate mode

in Windows 10 News
    Create a shortcut to open Microsoft Edge browser in InPrivate mode: [ATTACH]This simple guide is designed to help you create a shortcut to open the […] This article Create a shortcut to open Microsoft Edge browser in InPrivate mode first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Flight Airplane Mode has greyed out Setting i.e. stuck ON & Bluetooth won't connect to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flight Airplane Mode has greyed out Setting i.e. stuck ON & Bluetooth won't connect to...: Most posts on stuck Flight mode indicate that they can't get WiFi which I understand is much of the point of Flight Mode. Have gone through numerous steps to turn it off/remove it/disable it to no effect but suspect that the fact that WiFi works would indicate a solution for...
  4. Recovery Mode Command Line keeps asking for local Administrator Account Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recovery Mode Command Line keeps asking for local Administrator Account Password: I accidentally locked my admin account using a .bat file that generated random letters and numbers, and once I entered recovery mode and went to command line to open regedit and to reset my password, it keeps asking me to select an administrator account. There are two admin...
  5. Exit s Mode in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exit s Mode in windows 10: Suddenly my computer prevented access to several internet sites for "authenticity" reasons. I consider this contrary to my requirements and I tried to exit. I follow instructions t Microsoft Store and there is no mention of "Exit s mode". I would appreciate help to solve...
  6. BitDefender Rescue mode not working

BitDefender Rescue mode not working: Hi, I recently switched over to BitDefender and I notice the rescue environment mode isn't working. My computer reboots, but the scan windows flashes for barely a second. I ran a full scan using windows defender and bit defender, both came out fine. I also installed...
  7. Windows s mode antivirus

Windows s mode antivirus: Ive just purchased a laptop running windows 10 s mode. What antivirus software if conpatible with this? Or does it have full virus protection already? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-s-mode-antivirus/027d9f6f-f0a9-4e14-95dc-1ee83d052bb8
  8. Can Dark Mode/Light Mode be enabled along with Night Light yet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can Dark Mode/Light Mode be enabled along with Night Light yet?: Not as in an additional app, but built into the Windows 10 settings system. I know this wasn't there early on, but does this feature exist yet? It seems like a pretty straightforward feature. submitted by /u/Wh00ster [link] [comments]...
  9. 3d mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    3d mode?: I just clicked 3d mode on my new Dell thinking it would work with my 3d capable monitor, and now it continues to say "out of range". Did I fuck myself? Can I get back to normal display without having my screen? I reset my pc after just to make this more fun lol. Pls help, I...
  10. Sleep mode booting up normally.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode booting up normally.: So I keep putting my computer on sleep mode and it keeps booting up normally. My tabs are gone all the windows I had open gone. It basically boots up normally as if I just shut it down....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 s mode enable

2. remove windows 10 s mode