Windows 10: Windows 10 S refuses to run driver updates programs from manufacturer!

Discus and support Windows 10 S refuses to run driver updates programs from manufacturer! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to update the most recent device drivers for my small laptop (notebook with only 28 GB hard-disk storage total; around 10 GB free space) from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Clyde DaVale, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 S refuses to run driver updates programs from manufacturer!

I want to update the most recent device drivers for my small laptop (notebook with only 28 GB hard-disk storage total; around 10 GB free space) from the manufacturer's web site (ASUS) for Windows 10 (with the proper model number) but after downloading them (one by one), un-zipping them in a new Drivers folder, WIN+R refuses to run the drivers' installation program, saying only apps from the Windows Store can be executed!

I would like to keep Windows 10 S (for Security, mostly) but how can I update drivers and BIOS. Help, please.

Windows 10 S refuses to run driver updates programs from manufacturer! e3456ab6-e2f6-42a7-93db-ee3b69507130?upload=true.jpg

:)

Clyde DaVale, Nov 18, 2019

2. Can not figure out how to download a driver at a Manufacturer"s website.

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Just visit the manufacturer website, enter the drivers you need download and install it, if its not compatible in Windows 10, I suggest you to install in compatible mode and check if it runs.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the touchpad pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.

• Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the
      installation.
    Detailed Steps on how to Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Hope this will fix the issue. If not, let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Hood Win User
    Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

4. Jaune Bel Win User

Windows 10 S refuses to run driver updates programs from manufacturer!

Program Running as a Background Process

Hi,

There could either be a corrupted or missing data file that is affecting the performance of your computer. We'd like to know more information about this concern so we could provide an accurate resolution. Kindly answer the following:

• What programs are you having issues with?
    • Have you tried updating Windows 10?
    • Have you tried updating your video card drivers from your manufacturer's website?

In case that you haven't tried updating Windows 10, we suggest that you do so. You can refer to this article for the steps on how to:

Update Windows 10

You can also check this article for the steps on how to:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jaune Bel, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 S refuses to run driver updates programs from manufacturer!

1. Windows 10 S refuses to run driver updates programs from manufacturer! - Similar Threads - refuses run driver

2. Drivers from Manufacturers site.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers from Manufacturers site.: Hey, Any help is greatly appreciated!!:I have an Acer Predator Laptop.I entered my product number and yada yada..So... I have 32 drivers to install, a few documents, a few preinstalled apps and bios / firmware.And yeah, what should I do about it?...
  3. Drivers from Manufacturers site.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers from Manufacturers site.: Hey, Any help is greatly appreciated!!:I have an Acer Predator Laptop.I entered my product number and yada yada..So... I have 32 drivers to install, a few documents, a few preinstalled apps and bios / firmware.And yeah, what should I do about it?...
  4. Windows 10 Refuses to update from 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Refuses to update from 1803: My Computer refuses to update. I have had this issue since well, A year+ now. I currently have windows 10 pro 1803. I have tried using command prompts to restore/check and repair files. I have tried deleting the update data folders to redownload them. I have tried...
  5. Windows refused to run programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows refused to run programs: Hi, Today I can't run certain programs when i clicked them from the task bar such as the Firefox browser. There was a text box message that said "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe.' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again"...
  6. Laptop running Windows 10 refuses to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop running Windows 10 refuses to update: Hi all, I have an HP Envy running Windows 10, but I have stopped using it for a while since I repaired my desktop PC. I have started using it again since I am going to be away from my desktop for a while but it refuses to update at all. [ATTACH] This continuously...
  7. VMware refuses to run Windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware refuses to run Windows 10: I have been trying to run Windows 10 on Vmware Player on the latest insider build but I keep running into this error: [img] I have played about with Group Policy to change the status of Device Guard but the error still appears. 134369
  8. Updating Monitor from "generic PnP" driver to manufacturer driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating Monitor from "generic PnP" driver to manufacturer driver: I am trying to update my Acer Predator XB1 monitors driver. I have the file downloaded and I can locate the folder within device manager but it will not install the driver. I keeps saying "windows has determined the most up to date driver is installed already...." I also...
  9. Refuse driver updates in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Refuse driver updates in Windows 10?: I just installed the leaked Windows 10 build 10051. Before this I had 9926 installed. I have a game called DayZ Standalone, it refused to launch on 9926. A friend said that updating to 10051 allowed him to launch the game. So I did a clean install. Everything works great so...
  10. Switch from PC manufacturer to Intel driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switch from PC manufacturer to Intel driver: I have an Acer Aspire E5-571 and am trying to switch from the graphics driver provided by Acer to the newer version for my graphics card available directly from Intel. The card model is HD Graphics 4400 and the CPU is a 4th gen Core i5 so I'm pretty sure this is the correct...