Windows 10: Windows 10 S v1709 installation key

Discus and support Windows 10 S v1709 installation key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi In a Windows 10 S v1709 installation, how do I get his product installation key? Thanks Bye 97232 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by balubeto, Nov 3, 2017.

1. balubeto Win User

Windows 10 S v1709 installation key

Hi

In a Windows 10 S v1709 installation, how do I get his product installation key?

Thanks

Bye

:)

balubeto, Nov 3, 2017

2. Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using previous procedure

My client has a Lenovo Yoga 500 which is shipped with Window 10 Home. They paid to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro at some point via the Store. AFAIK, when you go through this process you don't get a product key - instead the OEM key must be recorded somewhere
    in Microsoft land as "Upgraded to Pro".

However, it's not unusual for a computer to fail or get so corrupt that the only alternative is to re-install Windows from scratch. This is not the first time I've done this and the process I've followed is thus:

• Install Windows 10 from ISO - one would expect it to pickup the OEM key, notice it's upgraded and install the Pro edition but it doesn't - it installs the original Home edition
    • But fortunately, there is a workaround - upgrade to Pro using the widely publicised trial key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
    • After it's upgraded, it must check the upgrade system as Windows 10 Pro is licensed

But this process failed today when I installed Windows 10 v1709 (Fall Creators edition). I'm afraid I didn't make a note of error message but it accepted the key but then failed to start the upgrade. Fortunately, I've got an old ISO of v1703 (Creators edition)
    and the process still works with that - I can then upgrade to v1709.

Something has obviously changed in v1709 so that the above key doesn't work anymore? Is there a new key for v1709 or is there a different process to re-apply a previous upgrade?

A thought just occurred to me - is the upgrade recorded in Microsoft databases tied to version that was upgraded? In this instance is the upgrade applied to v1703 and therefore that's why it fails when I try to upgrade from v1709? I hope this isn't the case
    as it'll be guess work trying to find the old ISOs!

Rob Nicholson (Home), Nov 3, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Single Language download link

It means sometime after upgrading to Windows 10 v1709 from v1703, if I have to clean install Windows 10 Single language on my laptop. I have to install first Windows 10 v1703 and than again upgrade to Windows 10 v1709. Very irritating this time Microsoft.
    I personally dont like it.

Munna Kr. Sharma, Nov 3, 2017
  4. Windows 10 S v1709 installation key

Hi,
    Usually the activation key is the same as the one you up graded from win-7 or 8.1.

ThrashZone, Nov 3, 2017
  5. Pardon me for asking but why do you need?

If you you are re-installing (clean) and the machine had this version you can just skip the entry. The product will activate on its own, or should.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 3, 2017
  6. Showkey will retrieve it for you, ShowKeyPlus If said device is activated with a Digital License you don't really need it. You just click "I don't have one" when prompted for a key and select 10 S from the list of install options. It will activate with the DL it already has stored on the activation server. .

alphanumeric, Nov 4, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    I just have a feeling that the OP had a different version of Windows before, such as Home or Pro, and is putting Windows 10 S on for the first time. I don't think Windows 10 S (or Windows 10 Pro Workstation) product keys are regularly available to the public at retail and you would need an MSDN subscription to get them. Thus, the easy answer is just to go back what you had before, Home or Pro.

NavyLCDR, Nov 4, 2017
  8. Windows 10 S v1709 installation key

Hard to say from what was posted in the first post? I have keys via my MSDN sub, didn't have to use them though. Mine activated with a DL without ever entering a key. Best guess is it activated with the Pro DL that PC already had. I played with it for a bit but found it to restrictive. I did an upgrade to Pro via change product key.

9. cereberus Win User
    You cannot update windows 7 or 8 to Win 10 S.

cereberus, Nov 4, 2017
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Interesting.... going to try it now later today or tomorrow Windows 10 S v1709 installation key :)

NavyLCDR, Nov 4, 2017
  11. cereberus Win User
    Showkeyplus cannot be run on Win 10 S until @Superfly develops a UWP version - now there's a thought.....

cereberus, Nov 4, 2017
  12. *Doh Yes, quit right. Forgot about that. All those restrictions on what you can and can't do. I do believe I retrieved my key, don't remember what I did to get it though.

EDIT: I think it was "Manufacturing mode" I used to get around some of the restrictions.

13. NavyLCDR New Member

Can you boot into Windows PE. and retrieve the key from the offline Windows installation using the backup function of Showkey?

NavyLCDR, Nov 4, 2017
  14. I don't know, I tried a few different things at the time. I can't remember how I actually did it to be honest. I'd have to go hunt up the thread I posted in. I'm not running 10 S anymore. The key I retrieved is the generic key for 10 S.

15. Superfly Win User
    Working on that... just got some .NET Native compatibility issues - will release for testing soon *Wink

Superfly, Nov 9, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 S v1709 installation key - Similar Threads - v1709 installation key

2. An error of Windows 10 S Installer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An error of Windows 10 S Installer: Recently, I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 in S mode through the installer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/education/windows/test-windows10s-for-edu#download-windows-10-in-s-mode So, the installer works properly, but after the installation, it gives me this error code:...
  3. Blurry app fix for Windows 10 v1709

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blurry app fix for Windows 10 v1709: Hello, I have an older version 1709 of Windows 10, which I cannot find a fix for the blurry apps on my high resolution display - Microsoft's listed solutions to this only pertain only to later versions of Windows 10. Of course, these can be fixed in the Microsoft apps by...
  4. Validation of Windows 10 OEM License Key(s) prior to actual installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Validation of Windows 10 OEM License Key(s) prior to actual installation: Hi, I'd like to ask how to manage to verify the validity of OEM License Key(s) related to Microsoft Windows 10 without prior to that having to carry out a conventional installation of the operating system [software]? Best regards,...
  5. Installed W10's activation key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installed W10's activation key?: Hello. Is W10 Home Ed's control panel -> system and security -> system -> Windows activation's Product ID the key (its last three letters says OEM) used to install & activate? If not, then where I can get its activation key to install W10 cleanly from scratch? Thank you for...
  6. Installation Blocked on v1709

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installation Blocked on v1709: I'm having issues installing Network Wifi drivers from Dell Support Page/Intel Drivers. Win10 OS version is OK But for some reason the install is blocked. Running the Falls Creators Update v1709 Has anyone had these issues before? I even disabled all security...
  7. Dell E6440 Driver Install Blocked on v1709

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell E6440 Driver Install Blocked on v1709: I'm having issues installing Network Wifi drivers from Dell Support Page/Intel Drivers. Win10 OS version is OK But for some reason the install is blocked. Running the Falls Creators Update v1709 Has anyone had these issues before? 101678
  8. downgrade from clean install of windows 10 v1709 to v1607?

downgrade from clean install of windows 10 v1709 to v1607?: is it possible downgrade from clean install of windows 10 v1709 to v1607 without loosing apps,files? when i run v1607 setup it shows me this message: [img] 95723
  9. Windows 10 install question(s)

Windows 10 install question(s): Ok.... I'm the new guy here so please be patient with me. I want to install Windows 10 Pro on my computer running Windows 7 Home Premium. I downloaded the helper tool from Microsoft and have the files on a usb drive. I know I have to have a Windows 10 Pro key which I do...
  10. Install Windows 10 S on a Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install Windows 10 S on a Windows 10 PC: How to: Install Windows 10 in S Mode on a Windows 10 PC How to Install Windows 10 in S Mode on a Windows 10 PC [img] Information Windows 10 S is a specific configuration of Windows 10 Pro that offers a familiar, productive Windows experience that’s streamlined for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 S v1709 installation key