Windows 10: Windows 10 Safe Mode - Cannot Log In + Windows 10 Safe Mode + Without Networking

Discus and support Windows 10 Safe Mode - Cannot Log In + Windows 10 Safe Mode + Without Networking in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Problem I have a Surface Book 2 running Windows 10. It is completely bricked at the moment. I have some files that Edge corrupted when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hlyates, Aug 16, 2018.

1. hlyates Win User

Windows 10 Safe Mode - Cannot Log In + Windows 10 Safe Mode + Without Networking

Problem

I have a Surface Book 2 running Windows 10. It is completely bricked at the moment.

I have some files that Edge corrupted when it downloaded them, but will not let me delete. So I quickly looked online and it suggested that I go to systems configuration and reboot in safe mode (so I could delete them). Unfortunately, I did not select safe mode with networking. Now I am stuck in a vicious loop where I cannot authenticate into Windows because it cannot accept my password (because of the lack of networking). This password is the same for my windows live account, so it cannot authenticate without networking.

I have used the shift key to reboot my surface book into the special menu and told it to reboot into safe mode + networking (F5), but it is still stuck in the safe mode + without networking. If I attempt a restore, repair, and or any other way to get out of this safe mode, it defaults into asking for my windows password...continuing my vicious loop. Every option I have tried on my surface book 2 (command prompt, restore, repair) will ask for authentication and continue the loop.

Question

I do not have a recovery Windows 10 recovery USB, but would this help? I have an old surface book pro 4, but my concern is that the USB recovery drive that I would create on that surface 4 would harm my surface book 2 if I attempted a restore off of it (driver differences/etc). Is there anyway I can use this USB recovery drive to get into a command prompt though and run the msconfig command and get back into Windows 10 proper on surface book 2?

Basically, what is the best way forward for me to get out of the vicious loop above? I'm losing a lot of productivity by having this surface book 2 bricked. Any suggestions, tips, comments that can be offered to get me out of this issue would be greatly appreciated.

:)

hlyates, Aug 16, 2018

2. Windows 10 is not working even in safe mode

Hi All!
    Over the past few days the start menu was not working properly and after trying to fiddle with that for a few days, i decided to reinstall windows 10. The problem with this now is that it boots up properly, but all i get is:

Windows 10 Safe Mode - Cannot Log In + Windows 10 Safe Mode + Without Networking windows10hero-100593399-large.png

And the only buttons i have are "Networks" and "Ease of access" in the bottom right. Nothing else. The current build i have for W10 is 10240

If anyone could give me some insight on how to fix this i would be forever grateful!
    Thanks.
    mm

Ps. Safe mode works but i want to be able to run it outside of safe mode without it looking like the picture above.

Mikeyman001, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Safe Mode - Cannot Log In + Windows 10 Safe Mode + Without Networking

Windows 10 safe mode no network

Hello Stephan,

We understand that you're having issue starting your computer in normal mode. Having said that, you may want to try the steps below on how you can exit safe mode in Windows 10:

• To exit Safe Mode, open the System Configuration tool by opening the Run command or pressing
      Windows key + R together and typing msconfig then Ok.
    • Tap or click the Boot tab, uncheck the Safe boot box, hit
      Apply
      , and then Ok. Restarting your machine will exit Safe mode.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Safe Mode - Cannot Log In + Windows 10 Safe Mode + Without Networking

1. Windows 10 Safe Mode - Cannot Log In + Windows 10 Safe Mode + Without Networking - Similar Threads - Safe Mode Cannot

2. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  3. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  4. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. In Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Safe Mode with Networking: I went into Safe Mode with Networking to see if I can uninstall windows apps that have greyed out uninstall buttons, like XBox Game bar, but when I am in safe mode none of the apps show up. In fact it shows only 3 apps installed. Action center won't open when clicked. Trying...
  6. Stuck in Log-in Safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in Log-in Safe mode with networking: A recent windows update screw with something and started making my cpu to overheat. I went to safemode to reverse the update but got stuck in the log-in because it ask for my password instead of my pin. I didnt remeber my password so I change it through the phone. That didn't...
  7. Started windows 10 in safe mode without network.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Started windows 10 in safe mode without network.: I am stuck and desperate. I wanted to install some drivers and started windows 10 in safe mode. Login screen asks for password and not pin. I do not remember my old password and since I don't have network the reset password method is not helping. I even tried to use the...
  8. Cannot log in or go to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot log in or go to safe mode: I cannot log into windows. It doesn’t recognize my pin or password. It then goes to black screen with dell logo and a circle appears then back to opening screen i have tried rebooting it in safe mode. No luck. Just opens back to same place...
  9. Cannot log into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot log into Safe Mode: Since last WIN10 update my programs have been running slow. I tried to use performance software and my laptop just stopped. I restarted. It booted just fine and performance software asked if I wanted to boot in Safe Mode since it didn’t run prior. I said yes. However on...
  10. windows 10 no wifi in safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 no wifi in safe mode with networking: how do i activate the wifi. when i click on the icon on the bottom right it doesnt bring up the connections, like it did in windows 8.1/8 12982