Windows 10: Windows 10 Safe Mode Keyboard or Mouse does not Work

Discus and support Windows 10 Safe Mode Keyboard or Mouse does not Work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My issue is my computer is stuck in scanning and repair drive mode. I am trying to bypass it by going into "Safe Mode" I am able to press "F Key" to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TroyB19, Oct 12, 2018.

1. TroyB19 Win User

Windows 10 Safe Mode Keyboard or Mouse does not Work

My issue is my computer is stuck in scanning and repair drive mode.

I am trying to bypass it by going into "Safe Mode" I am able to press "F Key" to get me get the computer into the screen that allows safe mode. But once I am in that screen my keyboard or mouse no longer work. So I am unable to boot up in "Safe Mode"

I have replaced the keyboard and mouse with 3 different types. Including the original wired HP laptop and keyboard that came with it. But nothing works.

Does anyone have any advice on this issue?

:)

TroyB19, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Mouse and keyboard won't work in safe mode

Hi,

Safe mode starts your Windows using minimal set of drivers to help troubleshoot issues on your computer. Rebooting your computer should change it back to normal boot. However, if you entered safe mode through msconfig, then you will need a keyboard to exit
    safe mode. If your keyboard is not working, then we suggest using an external keyboard and mouse to enable exiting the safe mode.

Get back to us with the update so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Che93 Win User
    keyboard and mouse not working in safe mode

Hi, my laptop is Asus A550L, my brother just update the windows to windows 10 creator, and after that the keyboard and mouse stop working, only working in bios mode, after reading some internet tips i manage to also boot into Advanced Startup Options. than
    after that i tried to boot to safe mode in case i can delete or reinstall the drivers, which fails.

This is when the problem got worse, windows refuse to boot to safe mode, which then, i use command prompt to force it to boot safe mode. after reaching the safe mode, my mouse and keyboard stop working again, and i cant open the bios or the Advanced Startup
    Options (which can be accessed by f2/f8) again. Mistakes were made

So my question is, how to at least make the windows bootable back to bios or Advanced Startup Options and also to fix the not working keyboard and mouse after the first problem is solved

note that:

- I CANNOT USE my keyboard and mouse external nor internal

- This is a laptop that doesnt have ps2 port

- I`ve tried many mouse and keyboard and it doesnt work

p/s: sorry for my bad english

Che93, Oct 12, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Safe Mode Keyboard or Mouse does not Work - Similar Threads - Safe Mode Keyboard

2. Mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard not working: I sent my Envy pc to HP and have the fan replaced, when I got it back my mouse and keyboard did not work. I called HP and they sent me a mouse and keyboard, The mouse and keyboard I have is not the cheap junk that HP sent me. I don't know what to do about getting my mouse and...
  3. Safe mode, not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode, not working.: I am using w10 x64 version 1803.I do not know why, but I find I can not access safe mode anymore, at "msconfig", the "Boot" options tab does not work, "Shift" during shutdown, there is no option to "safe mode". The code in cmd also does not work, it informs not find the...
  4. Win10 Booted in Safe Mode - Mouse doesn't work

Win10 Booted in Safe Mode - Mouse doesn't work: I have a problem. Two problems to be exact, but the most pressing being that my mouse doesn't work. It is stuck in the middle of the screen, and the cursor is invisible. The original problem I had, prior to developing this new mouse problem, was the start menu. Neither the...
  5. Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working

Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working: After I installed Windows 10 from windows 7 I couldn't use my mouse and keyboard it works when I boot up BIOS Utility but when im on windows 10 it does not work. I tried switching usb ports and that didn't work either. 9997
  6. Mouse won't work in Safe Mode

Mouse won't work in Safe Mode: Is there any downside to performing a Repair Install? I've been stumped by an issue: my mouse will not work in Safe Mode. It works in BIOS (a UEFI bios); it works in WinPE rescue media; it works in Macrium Rescue media; it works in Windows 10. I've tried selecting every...
  7. No keyboard or mouse on login and safe mode

No keyboard or mouse on login and safe mode: Hi My keyboard and mouse are only working in the Bios and in the Recovery Console. I have tried to system restore as well as safe mode and some of the other “F” keys functions. The bios has no USB legacy setting. My question is, can I delete the USB driver over the...
  8. No mouse or keyboard in safe mode

No mouse or keyboard in safe mode: After the amazing and wonderful Anniversary Update, that fixes nothing but adds other bugs & glitches, I can't use mouse and keyboard in Safe Mode. Before the update, it worked fine. Any solution? I use safe mode to install new nvidia drivers in safety. When I launch in...
  9. No keyboard in Safe Mode

No keyboard in Safe Mode: When I run Safe Mode, the keyboard works only until I have to press 4 to run Safe Mode. Then it stops works. In Safe Mode, I can use only mouse. Why? My keyboard is a Logitech G105 with latest drivers, via USB. Windows 10 has latest updates as well. 66488
  10. Safe Mode: USB mouse won't work

Safe Mode: USB mouse won't work: Folks, This should be simple... I can boot into Safe Mode. That's cool. Safe Mode - Start Windows 10 in - Windows 10 Forums Unfortunately, I cannot use my USB mouse. I can use it in BIOS, but not in Safe Mode. It is attached to a motherboard USB header, directly,...