Windows 10: Windows 10 Safe Mode Keyboard or Mouse does not Work

Discus and support Windows 10 Safe Mode Keyboard or Mouse does not Work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My issue is my computer is stuck in scanning and repair drive mode. I am trying to bypass it by going into "Safe Mode" I am able to press "F Key" to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TroyB19, Oct 12, 2018.

1. TroyB19 Win User

Windows 10 Safe Mode Keyboard or Mouse does not Work

My issue is my computer is stuck in scanning and repair drive mode.

I am trying to bypass it by going into "Safe Mode" I am able to press "F Key" to get me get the computer into the screen that allows safe mode. But once I am in that screen my keyboard or mouse no longer work. So I am unable to boot up in "Safe Mode"

I have replaced the keyboard and mouse with 3 different types. Including the original wired HP laptop and keyboard that came with it. But nothing works.

Does anyone have any advice on this issue?

:)

TroyB19, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Mouse and keyboard won't work in safe mode

Hi,

Safe mode starts your Windows using minimal set of drivers to help troubleshoot issues on your computer. Rebooting your computer should change it back to normal boot. However, if you entered safe mode through msconfig, then you will need a keyboard to exit
    safe mode. If your keyboard is not working, then we suggest using an external keyboard and mouse to enable exiting the safe mode.

Get back to us with the update so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Che93 Win User
    keyboard and mouse not working in safe mode

Hi, my laptop is Asus A550L, my brother just update the windows to windows 10 creator, and after that the keyboard and mouse stop working, only working in bios mode, after reading some internet tips i manage to also boot into Advanced Startup Options. than
    after that i tried to boot to safe mode in case i can delete or reinstall the drivers, which fails.

This is when the problem got worse, windows refuse to boot to safe mode, which then, i use command prompt to force it to boot safe mode. after reaching the safe mode, my mouse and keyboard stop working again, and i cant open the bios or the Advanced Startup
    Options (which can be accessed by f2/f8) again. Mistakes were made

So my question is, how to at least make the windows bootable back to bios or Advanced Startup Options and also to fix the not working keyboard and mouse after the first problem is solved

note that:

- I CANNOT USE my keyboard and mouse external nor internal

- This is a laptop that doesnt have ps2 port

- I`ve tried many mouse and keyboard and it doesnt work

p/s: sorry for my bad english

Che93, Oct 12, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Safe Mode Keyboard or Mouse does not Work - Similar Threads - Safe Mode Keyboard

2. Keyboard or Mouse NOT working in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard or Mouse NOT working in Safe Mode: [IMG]Safe Mode is used to troubleshoot problems on a Windows computer. In Safe Mode, Windows loads only necessary drivers, including keyboard and mouse drivers. Problems occur if the keyboard or mouse stops working in the Safe Mode. It also makes it difficult to exit Safe...
  3. Keyboard or Mouse ONLY works in Safe Mode [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard or Mouse ONLY works in Safe Mode [Fix]: [IMG]Some users noticed that their keyboard or mouse only works in Safe Mode. When they exit the Safe Mode and start Windows in normal mode, their keyboard or mouse stops working. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode on Windows computers that you can use to fix the issues....
  4. Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode: After the most recent Windows 10 update none of the USB ports work properly after the machine boots up. I can't use any keyboard or mouse once the machine has booted up. What I have done to try and fix this:unplugged and plugged back in multiple keyboards and mice testing on...
  5. Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode: After the most recent Windows 10 update none of the USB ports work properly after the machine boots up. I can't use any keyboard or mouse once the machine has booted up. What I have done to try and fix this:unplugged and plugged back in multiple keyboards and mice testing on...
  6. Keyboard and mouse not working Windows 10 desktop in normal boot and safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Keyboard and mouse work in bios but not in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and mouse work in bios but not in safe mode: My computer stopped recognizing keyboard and mouse. Tried different keyboard/ mouse, doesn't work. Tried safe mode, no keyboard/ mouse. Tried uninstalling updates, failed. Tried restoring to earlier date, still won't recognize. Tried reinstalling windows 10 from usb, doesn't...
  8. Keyboard does not work in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard does not work in safe mode.: So I just built a brand new gaming pc, and there was a black screen on the monitor because I didn't plug it into the graphics card and instead on the IO shield. I decided to turn the pc onto safe mode but then I realized I plugged the hdmi into the wrong place. I fixed the...
  9. No keyboard or mouse on login and safe mode

No keyboard or mouse on login and safe mode: Hi My keyboard and mouse are only working in the Bios and in the Recovery Console. I have tried to system restore as well as safe mode and some of the other “F” keys functions. The bios has no USB legacy setting. My question is, can I delete the USB driver over the...
  10. No mouse or keyboard in safe mode

No mouse or keyboard in safe mode: After the amazing and wonderful Anniversary Update, that fixes nothing but adds other bugs & glitches, I can't use mouse and keyboard in Safe Mode. Before the update, it worked fine. Any solution? I use safe mode to install new nvidia drivers in safety. When I launch in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 safe mode no keyboard or mouse

2. mouse cant work in aafe mode

3. does safe mode change keyboard layout

4. no mouse or keyboard in safe mode windows 10,
  5. safe mode use for keyboard problems ,
  6. safe mode no mouse,
  7. does wireles mouse work in windows safe mode,
  8. laptop keyboard does not work in safe mode,
  9. keyboard doesnt work in safe mode windows 10,
  10. win 10 no keyboard in safe mode,
  11. windows 10 turn off safe mode with no keyboard,