Windows 10: Windows 10 Safe Mode Starts with Other User account

Discus and support Windows 10 Safe Mode Starts with Other User account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have the popular only log-in with Other User option on the start-up screen. I have been trying to start the computer on Safe Mode, using the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Kerem Kılıç, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Safe Mode Starts with Other User account

Hi,

I have the popular only log-in with Other User option on the start-up screen. I have been trying to start the computer on Safe Mode, using the Shift + Restart menu. However, after clicking on Restart after Start-up Options, I still see the Other User log-in screen.

I can otherwise access Command Line, but can’t activate the Administrator account from there.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

:)

Kerem Kılıç, Feb 20, 2021

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 20, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Windows 10 Safe Mode Starts with Other User account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Safe Mode Starts with Other User account :(

Zakin, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Safe Mode Starts with Other User account

1. Windows 10 Safe Mode Starts with Other User account - Similar Threads - Safe Mode Starts

2. Stuck on Safe Mode with User Account Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Safe Mode with User Account Control: Hi thereI hope someone can help me with this. I'm not in a administrator account when I boot my pc to safe mode. now I'm stuck on SafeMode, whenever I try to run the CMD in admin it's always ask me for password on User Account Control I'm putting in the correct password but...
  3. Stuck on Safe Mode with User Account Control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Safe Mode with User Account Control: Hi thereI hope someone can help me with this. I'm not in a administrator account when I boot my pc to safe mode. now I'm stuck on SafeMode, whenever I try to run the CMD in admin it's always ask me for password on User Account Control I'm putting in the correct password but...
  4. Stuck on Safe Mode with User Account Control

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode: Is there a recommended way to start Windows 10 in Safe mode? I must've read half a dozen different procedures described in various places but it always seems to boot up normally. Mostly they involved holding down a key while booting - or while pressing the computer's power...
  6. Create user account in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Create user account in safe mode: Hello, I was trying to link my user account with Microsoft and it messed up everything. when I sign in it asks: Search for app in store? You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to...
  7. Safe mode User Account forgotten password

Safe mode User Account forgotten password: Hello I used the msconfig command to boot into safe mode. Now I can't leave safe mode. When I rebooted the PC and the user accounts come up, I am not able to log into the Administrator account because I forgot the password. Before all this happened I was using the pin...
  8. Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode: Symptom: Pressing F8 repeatedly while Windows is starting no longer works. Workaround: To workaround this problem: 1. Click Start->Power, and then click Restart while holding down SHIFT. 2. Click Troubleshoot->Advanced options->Start-up Settings->Restart. 3. Press...
  9. Pc won't load safe mode and has an account named "other user"

Pc won't load safe mode and has an account named "other user": I'm having trouble accessing my pc beyond the login screen. I recently did a factory reset and now the only account that shows up is "other user". I tried to boot in safe mode but the monitor goes to "no signal" when it does as with command prompt, anything that would have it...
  10. Other User kinda fixed, locked in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Other User kinda fixed, locked in safe mode?: I see his has ben asked a lot, and I've used the info I've found. I did a factory reset on my pc and afterwards came to a log in for "Other User". I did shift+reset, went into safe mode, got an admin account going. Seemed fine. However, when I tried to do the conventional...