Windows 10: Windows 10 Safe Mode - Won't Accept PIN or Microsoft Password

Discus and support Windows 10 Safe Mode - Won't Accept PIN or Microsoft Password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As title says, I booted Windows 10 in Safe Mode minimal. I know that PIN won't work, but even my Microsoft account password (which I recently changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blimpatomic, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Safe Mode - Won't Accept PIN or Microsoft Password

As title says, I booted Windows 10 in Safe Mode minimal. I know that PIN won't work, but even my Microsoft account password (which I recently changed to fix this) won't let me in.

Booting in Safe Mode + Networking doesn't change anything. I also have the little globe with the penalty sign, which tells me I have no internet despite knowing that my ethernet connection is fine.

What can I do? Do I really have to repair installation?

submitted by /u/blimpatomic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blimpatomic, Feb 28, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted

My suggestion only.

If you have time, please do a Repair Install.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Feb 28, 2020
  3. larc919 Win User
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password

I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my Microsoft account). Any suggestions what I should try? I'm hesitant to run the cleanup file in full Windows since it's not recommended.

larc919, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Hoggorm Win User

Windows 10 Safe Mode - Won't Accept PIN or Microsoft Password

Starting in Safe Mode - Password is not accepted

Hi,

I would like to start Windows 10 in Safe Mode, but when doing so and asked for my password it will not work.

I normally use a pin code. The only password I can remember to have used on this machine is the password used with Microsoft OneDrive and it is not accepted when trying to log in... This password is however accepted when starting normally (without Safe Mode).

Any ideas what can be wrong and how I can access Safe Mode?

Hoggorm, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Safe Mode - Won't Accept PIN or Microsoft Password

1. Windows 10 Safe Mode - Won't Accept PIN or Microsoft Password - Similar Threads - Safe Mode Won't

2. Windows won't boot and safe mode won't accept password.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot and safe mode won't accept password.: I've recently encountered a problem. When I try to start my PC it will go into a bluescreen saying that your device ran into a problem. It does not reach the log in screen. then it restarts. After my laptop restarts it would run an automatic repair. It would say its...
  3. Booted into safe mode and Windows won't accept password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Booted into safe mode and Windows won't accept password: I booted into safe mode from msconfig and Windows won't accept any of the user passwords. I found instructions that said to hold shift while restarting and then selecting safe mode with networking but it still won't accept any passwords. I can't get it to boot back into...
  4. Not accepting my Microsoft Password in Safe mode in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not accepting my Microsoft Password in Safe mode in Windows 10: In the sign in page of safe mode when I am entering my microsoft password it is displaying wrong password. I have tried by changing the password of my microsoft account but still no use. Please help me with the issue....
  5. Password not accepted in Safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password not accepted in Safe mode: I was having problems getting my password accepted in safe mode and could not connect to a network. One older forum suggested instead of going into safe mode try option #3, Enable Low resolution mode. Tried this and my login screen showed up on my other monitor. Was able to...
  6. Password not accepted in windows 10 safe mode

Password not accepted in windows 10 safe mode: I was trying to boot into safe mode and windows 10 would not accept my password. I would like to get into safe mode. Windows home, only one account. (I am having trouble uninstalling applications and thought to try it in safe mode.) Thanks....
  7. safe mode won't accept password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    safe mode won't accept password: I followed these instructions to boot into safe mode to deal with a graphics driver issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode This seemed unnecessarily complex, but I was reassured by the checkbox for "make this change...
  8. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...
  9. Safe Mode won't accept correct password

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password: I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my...
  10. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode: ***Modify title from: PC password error *** Hi Just restarted my computer on Safe Mode (trying to solve an internet connection problem) and my PC doesn't recognize my long time password. Can you help me? Thanks....