Windows 10: Windows 10 Safe Mode wont work with Microsoft Accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 Safe Mode wont work with Microsoft Accounts in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I'm writing this post in order to see if someone out there also got hit with the same issue. The issue is simple: If you NEVER logged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blacklionpt, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Safe Mode wont work with Microsoft Accounts

Hello everyone. I'm writing this post in order to see if someone out there also got hit with the same issue.

The issue is simple: If you NEVER logged into your device with your Microsoft Account password it's IMPOSSIBLE to login into Safe Mode. You just can't, at all, it'll reject your passwords.

It's fairly easy to replicate the issue, and especially HORRIBLE when you find out about it when you desperately need to get into Safe mode.

In order to reproduce this, simply install Windows 10 and proceed as they recommend:

• Install Clean Windows 10;
    • Connect to the Microsoft Account (mine is with double authentication, so i just tapped the "Allow" button on the Microsoft Authenticator App without any password input whatsoever);
    • Set up an "easy to remember" PIN for your account;
    • Use the PC normally.

You will NEVER be asked for your account password, as you can always login into the PC with the PIN. The issue stars now:

• Your PC misbehaved and can't get into normal Windows Mode.
    • Restart the PC and enter Safe Mode (Hold Shift while hitting restart or just force the PC into recovery mode by shutting it down a few times and select Safe Mode (option number 4).
    • Try to login into your account: Hint: you can't!

Anyone else experienced the same issue? I so far tested in v1909 and the unreleased v2004 and the same thing happens.

submitted by /u/blacklionpt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blacklionpt, Apr 6, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Password not working in safe mode, windows 10

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What happens exactly when you enter the password?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • How have you booted your computer into safe mode?
    • Are you using local or Microsoft account to login?

I suggest you to force restart your computer and check whether you can get back your computer to normal mode.

You may follow the steps from the below article to place the computer in safe mode and check if it helps.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Safe Mode wont work with Microsoft Accounts

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Safe Mode wont work with Microsoft Accounts

1. Windows 10 Safe Mode wont work with Microsoft Accounts - Similar Threads - Safe Mode wont

2. Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode: Hi Guys,looking for some help. I was trying to fix a Gaming Services issue and through some fixing steps I deleted "Services" in the registry. The PC failed to connect to the internet so I rebooted.1. Now when I reboot I get the FLTMGR.SYS error2. I can't reboot into Safe...
  3. Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode: Hi Guys,looking for some help. I was trying to fix a Gaming Services issue and through some fixing steps I deleted "Services" in the registry. The PC failed to connect to the internet so I rebooted.1. Now when I reboot I get the FLTMGR.SYS error2. I can't reboot into Safe...
  4. Windows Wont Boot Into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Safe mode wont load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe mode wont load: Ok so i tried to fully reset my pc, and when i turned it back on, my profile was still there. i tried to log in but it said “The ProfSvc service failed the sign in, user profile cannot be loaded”then i loaded into safe mode… multiple times because when i put in the password,...
  6. Safe mode wont load

Safe mode wont load: Ok so i tried to fully reset my pc, and when i turned it back on, my profile was still there. i tried to log in but it said “The ProfSvc service failed the sign in, user profile cannot be loaded”then i loaded into safe mode… multiple times because when i put in the password,...
  7. Windows 10 Wont factory reset in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Wont factory reset in safe mode.: SO my pc got bsod and boots into safe mode wanting me to sign to proceed to command line when i close it and want to factory reset the pc. it says: an error occurred while performing a factory reset...
  8. Windows 10 Wont factory reset in safe mode.

Windows 10 Wont factory reset in safe mode.: SO my pc got bsod and boots into safe mode wanting me to sign to proceed to command line when i close it and want to factory reset the pc. it says: an error occurred while performing a factory reset...
  9. Windows 10 Wont factory reset in safe mode.

10. Windows 10 wont boot - works in safe mode

Windows 10 wont boot - works in safe mode: So since my son had my laptop it will not longer boot... (it will boot into safe mode ok) 1) uninstalled the latest windows update and also two games he had installed before it stopped working. 2) Run chkdsk and SFC (SFC said it fixed some files) 3) Reset PC from...