Windows 10: Windows 10 Safe Mode?

Discus and support Windows 10 Safe Mode? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Recently my pc restarted and said “preparing windows” when i logged in, after this pretty much all of my files were deleted from my account (My... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BigTony2, Mar 14, 2019 at 2:57 PM.

1. BigTony2 Win User

Windows 10 Safe Mode?

Recently my pc restarted and said “preparing windows” when i logged in, after this pretty much all of my files were deleted from my account (My Wallpaper is gone). Now each time I turn off my computer it happens again. Trying to fix this, I tried to boot my computer in safe mode (I did the msconfig way of booting safe mode). My computer restarts and then once it boots up my old wallpaper is there and it is asking for my password, like a normal log-in. I put in my pin and it says it is incorrect?????? I really dont know please help.

:)

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 14, 2019 at 2:59 PM
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Mar 14, 2019 at 2:59 PM
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 Safe Mode?

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Thema:

Windows 10 Safe Mode?

1. Windows 10 Safe Mode? - Similar Threads - Safe Mode

2. Issues with safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with safe mode.: I have reset my system recently. Now it directly starts in safe mode. I'm unable to exit from it through msconfig or cmd. Had can i exit from safe mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issues-with-safe-mode/681e6b5f-bfb9-4258-9332-b103d801c94b
  3. Big screen in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Big screen in safe mode: I loaded up sage mode and everything is big and i cant get out of safe mode. Any help would accepted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/big-screen-in-safe-mode/125e91d7-7d5b-4a6f-b6be-1ec10d33961c
  4. safe mode password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    safe mode password: hey! so when i try to login in safe mode its ask me for a password and i know its not pin password and its for my Microsoft account but when i enter the password its show me that the password is incorrect... i tried every single password i know but its still show me that's...
  5. Stuck in Safe Mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in Safe Mode: I entered Safe Mode, now I am stuck. I normally sign in with a PIN. Tried my Microsoft account password does not work. Can't enter Command Prompt mode since it won't accept my password. Don't know what to do....
  6. Is it better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode?

Is it better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode?: Windows Update is currently doing an update but it's really, really slow. In Task Manager Disk is constantly around 100%. I have 3 questions: (1) I was wondering if it's better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode with Network? (2) Would it not be faster? (3) I...
  7. Laptop reboots 2 mins after login, runs safe mode fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop reboots 2 mins after login, runs safe mode fine: My asus X555DG will start up normally but within a minute or two of logging in and loads everything fine. The screen goes blank/olive black and restarts. I have gone in via safe mode and it works fine, switched off automatic restart if system failure. Log in as usual...
  8. I can't access any adminstrator settings or access safe mode at the least anymore. help :(

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't access any adminstrator settings or access safe mode at the least anymore. help :(: I'll start from the beginning because I feel defeated on all counts and attempts to fix my issue. I was trying to launch origin so I could try and play a game but origin wouldn't start nor show any activity in task manager. I tried to open up event viewer to see if there...
  9. how to exit safe mode without password

how to exit safe mode without password: Hello, I'm looking for help, my windows 10 stucked on safe mode, I can't login because don't remember the password it's asking, but I still know the PIN that I have always used to login but the safe mode doesn't give the option to go back. I can't go to command prompt...
  10. Windows 10 Safe Mode Password Request

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Safe Mode Password Request: I have recently had the need to start my Windows 10 computer in safe mode. At a certain point in the safe mode startup I am asked for a password. I entered my Microsoft Account password, which is the one I use to unlock my computer, but it would not accept this password....