Windows 10: Windows 10 Safe Mode?

Discus and support Windows 10 Safe Mode? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Recently my pc restarted and said “preparing windows” when i logged in, after this pretty much all of my files were deleted from my account (My... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BigTony2, Mar 14, 2019.

1. BigTony2 Win User

Windows 10 Safe Mode?

Recently my pc restarted and said “preparing windows” when i logged in, after this pretty much all of my files were deleted from my account (My Wallpaper is gone). Now each time I turn off my computer it happens again. Trying to fix this, I tried to boot my computer in safe mode (I did the msconfig way of booting safe mode). My computer restarts and then once it boots up my old wallpaper is there and it is asking for my password, like a normal log-in. I put in my pin and it says it is incorrect?????? I really dont know please help.

:)

BigTony2, Mar 14, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 Safe Mode?

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Safe Mode?

1. Windows 10 Safe Mode? - Similar Threads - Safe Mode

2. Trying to restart in safe mode Win10. after choosing safe mode asks for password, but none...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to restart in safe mode Win10. after choosing safe mode asks for password, but none...: Trying to restart in safe mode Win10. Went through all the steps and after choosing safe mode asks for password, but none of my passwords work. I am the administrator. What password are they asking for? The name is correct above the password window. I am signed in to my MS...
  3. Cannot exit safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot exit safe mode.: I somehow managed to lock myself into safe mode. I restart and I am back in safe mode. I always logged in with a PIN but the safe mode won't let me and is asking me for my local password which I do not know....
  4. Unable to boot windows 10 or get in to safe mode

Unable to boot windows 10 or get in to safe mode: Hi All, I have an HP notebook which I left on earlier today. When I came back to it I was getting an on screen message telling me the laptop had encountered a problem and that it was attempting repairs. It was unable to fix itself so I went to advanced options/...
  5. Unable to boot windows 10 or get in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to boot windows 10 or get in to safe mode: Hi all, I have an HP notebook which I left on earlier today. When I came back to it I was getting an on screen message telling me the laptop had encountered a problem and that it was attempting repairs. It was unable to fix itself so I went to advanced options/...
  6. Windows 10 not showing login details in safe mode.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 not showing login details in safe mode.: Hi i have a weird incident but i needed to go to safe mode because my laptop was showing a black screen when i was logging in to it,but for some reason in safe mode i don't see my username or a box to put my password in,and i cant get out of safe mode with command prompt...
  7. How to Boot Windows 10 into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Boot Windows 10 into Safe Mode: I am using Acer Laptop and have installed Windows 10. Looks like there are viruses in the system and startup has got slowed down. The only way I see is to boot it into Safe Mode, and toggle the services. I need help on 2 things : How shall I make windows faster? How...
  8. Windows can't repair, can't open desktop, can't restore point, cant open safe mode

Windows can't repair, can't open desktop, can't restore point, cant open safe mode: Hello, My windows stopped to load to desktop suddently, i always keep my laptop sleeped so this time i try to wake it up but the battery was dead so it turns off and then i try to turns it on.. then windows stopped. The log file SrtTrails.txt shows: Bootres.dll corrupt...
  9. how do i get computer out of safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i get computer out of safe mode: how do i get computer out of safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-computer-out-of-safe-mode/969b0877-2a95-4ef8-a3e3-591a685dc207"
  10. Can't log in stuck in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't log in stuck in safe mode: I entered safe mode to to delete some files but once I was done I shut down my pc, I have been using a pin to access my pc for some time now so I don't remember my original password and, when I started my pc I can't log in with my pin. The passwords I have tried are all wrong...