Windows 10: Windows 10 safe mode

Discus and support Windows 10 safe mode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I followed a safe mode method just because I couldn't see my login box. Thank God the instructions worked, but how do I disable the safe mode without... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Cornelius#, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 safe mode

I followed a safe mode method just because I couldn't see my login box.

Thank God the instructions worked, but how do I disable the safe mode without going back to the same problem.

:)

Cornelius#, Nov 19, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 safe mode

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 safe mode

1. Windows 10 safe mode - Similar Threads - safe mode

2. Update issue, need safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update issue, need safe mode: I am stuck for hours on “undoing changes made to your computer” message at start up and have not been able to enter safe mode through repeatedly holding power button at start up option suggested as a solition. On windows 10. How else can i access safe mode?...
  3. Blank screen before login , cant repair, no safe mode, cant reinstall!

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank screen before login , cant repair, no safe mode, cant reinstall!: Hi there, ok so after trying to fix permissions in windows store apps i restarted to a blank screen and a mouse pointer. Theres no way to login. I tried the Advanced Recovery environment reboot 3 times and power off on windows logo but it never enters the recovery...
  4. Blank screen before login , cant repair, no safe mode, cant update from windows usb , cant...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank screen before login , cant repair, no safe mode, cant update from windows usb , cant...: ok so after trying to fix permissions in windows store i restarted to a blank screen and a mouse pointer. Theres no way to login. So i tried downloading a windows 10 iso to usb boot drive to see if i can repair. But that didnt work. I tried a system restore and thats saying...
  5. Can't sign in on safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't sign in on safe mode: I had to reboot my Asus brand gaming laptop into safe mode for a reason, but it won't accept my password and keeps saying it's incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-on-safe-mode/29087a8a-8677-44c8-b5ff-b2258e39d81b
  6. Safe Mode / login issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe Mode / login issues: Hi I have a Lenovo IdeaPad which i haven't opened in about 2 years, I just tried to turn it on today and it keeps either showing the Lenovo sign and a dotted rotating circle or 'Scanning and fixing D:' I cant go into safe mode and no matter what the screen always ends up...
  7. Stuck in Safe Mode

Stuck in Safe Mode: I entered Safe Mode -minimal- but I am now unable to login to my computer Details: I don't have an ethernet cable to connect to the internet for Safe Mode with Networking. I've looked around into the BIOS menu *by pressing Del during a restart* Basically nothing in the...
  8. Safe Mode not accepting my password

Safe Mode not accepting my password: Hey, I started my PC in Safe Mode -minimal- to try and fix an issue I was having with my monitor. Once my computer restarted I was unable to login to my computer, I have tried old password, restarting in Safe Mode with Networking but nothing seems to be working....
  9. My Windows 10 password doesn't work when trying to use the Safe Mode. How to resolve this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows 10 password doesn't work when trying to use the Safe Mode. How to resolve this?: I reset the password using the online reset link. submitted by /u/SnooLobsters7431 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k153qh/my_windows_10_password_doesnt_work_when_trying_to/
  10. Safe Mode Password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safe Mode Password?: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home and it is operating perfectly. The other day I wanted to go into Safe Mode and I did the following: Settings / Updates & Security / Recovery / somewhere there I set a setting to open in Safe Mode, then I restarted the computer. I see...