Windows 10: Windows 10 "safe to remove" confirmation is missing.

Discus and support Windows 10 "safe to remove" confirmation is missing. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I get this confirmation to appear when seeking to safely remove USB connected items?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by iilola, Feb 26, 2020.

1. iilola Win User

Windows 10 "safe to remove" confirmation is missing.

How can I get this confirmation to appear when seeking to safely remove USB connected items?

:)

iilola, Feb 26, 2020
  2. FrankS Win User

Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

Hi
    In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing.
    In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons appear on the taskbar I have 'Always show all icons in the notification area' switched on & all items in the list are in the 'on' state including 'Windows Explorer (Safely Remove Hardware & Eject Media).
    Any suggestions?

FrankS, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Why is the Safely Remove Hardware icon missing in Windows 10?

Hi.

I am using a HP Envy with Windows 10. Safety remove icon missing and I can not safely remove my IPhone.

I have read that other members of the forum have had the same problem of the Safety remove icon not showing. I followed all the steps suggested by Microsoft link and by pclicious.com. I also created a shortcut on the desk and still no chance for me safety
    remove the IPhone. I add a Galaxy Note II and still the icon was not showing. Then I added a WD external store drive and the icon suddenly appeared. It was showing not only the WD external store but the Galaxy too. However the iPhone was not in the list.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Zoraida

Zoraida Quintero-Hardie, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 "safe to remove" confirmation is missing.

Why is the safe removal icon missing in windows 10?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that safely remove hardware icon is missing in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 "safe to remove" confirmation is missing.

1. Windows 10 "safe to remove" confirmation is missing. - Similar Threads - safe remove confirmation

2. "Safe to remove hardware" pop-up box is missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Safe to remove hardware" pop-up box is missing: My "safe to remove hardware" pop-up box is missing. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-to-remove-hardware-pop-up-box-is-missing/bfbec29b-b6a2-448e-9551-8fceeddbb16c
  3. Safely Remove MESSAGE missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safely Remove MESSAGE missing: Hi there I've searched and found similar issues but no solution that fits. The issue seems to have started after the last Windows update although I can't be 100% on that. When I go to remove my Seagate Expansion external hard drive I can click on the 'safely remove'...
  4. Prompt for safely removing external usb storage missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prompt for safely removing external usb storage missing: After the latest Windows 10 update I now seem to have lost the audio prompt that tells me it is safe to remove external storage through the usb ports. I have to pull out the usb stick and hope that all is ok. Can anybody tell me how to remedy this. Also, my machine came with...
  5. Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

Safely Remove Hardware icon missing: Hi In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing. In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons...
  6. Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Safely Remove Hardware icon missing: Hi In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing. In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons...
  7. "safe to remove" notification missing but icon OK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "safe to remove" notification missing but icon OK: This just happened to me today. The safe to remove icon is usually located in the hidden taskbar . When I clicked on it to remove a flash drive , I normally get the "safe to remove" notification . Now this has gone missing and the icon shows up in the taskbar instead without...
  8. Windows 10 Safely remove icon

Windows 10 Safely remove icon: I've tried the usual methods if task bar options etc, no joy. I've also searched online, still no joy!!!! [img] Can someone educate me on this please? Thank you, 23938
  9. Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon Missing in Windows 10

Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon Missing in Windows 10: It's not hiding. It's gone. I tried right clicking on taskbar to get to properties and that's missing too. I used to have it. I think it was there last month. I also opened the open action center to make sure I wasn't on tablet mode, and I'm not. Can't seem to get there from...
  10. Safely Remove & Windows 10 question.

Safely Remove & Windows 10 question.: On my Windows 10 machine, I've noticed something really strange. First here the system: OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 16 Stepping 1 Processor Count: 4 RAM: 5596 Mb 3xUSB 3.0,...