Windows 10: Windows 10 SafeSearch settings and family group for Microsoft account

Discus and support Windows 10 SafeSearch settings and family group for Microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I have been trying to change safe search settings for bing only to find that it has been restricted. I went into my Microsoft account's Search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexJHorner, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 SafeSearch settings and family group for Microsoft account

Recently I have been trying to change safe search settings for bing only to find that it has been restricted. I went into my Microsoft account's Search settings only to find that it is restricted to Strict searching. I have checked my account and as far as I can see I am not part of any family group at all. I am wondering how I can resolve this issue and change SafeSearch settings while also finding out if I am stuck in some sort of shadow family group that is hidden to me. Originally my account was part of a strict family group but I was under the impression I was removed from it.

***Modified title from: Issues with Windows 10 SafeSearch and possibly family settings.***

:)

AlexJHorner, Dec 20, 2019

2. Family settings impacting safesearch

Hi Joshua,

In order to help you with your concern about SafeSearch option, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What browser are you currently using?
    • Does the issue happens to all browsers in your PC?
    • What search engine are you utilizing when the issue occurred?

If you are using Bing as your search engine, then you may need to turn off the SafeSearch option by following the steps from this link:

Turn Bing SafeSearch on or off.

Kindly reply to this thread for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Family settings impacting safesearch

I have used this account for a long time while searching for adult content, yet a few days ago I was prevented from finding adult content. When instructed to change safesearch settings I was told that, "We've set SafeSearch to strict because your
    browser communicated your preference for a safe web browsing experience." When I investigated further I was told that the reason for this was that my family settings had decided this would be the best option for me, yet none of my family members
    had changed the settings to this! In short my family options were changed without my family's input and now I can't turn off safesearch which is preventing me from finding adult content.

Please find a way to fix this. I can't find any answer for my problem and I have not found anyone who experienced this problem that can help me.

Joshua Waldrep, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 SafeSearch settings and family group for Microsoft account

Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 SafeSearch settings and family group for Microsoft account

1. Windows 10 SafeSearch settings and family group for Microsoft account - Similar Threads - SafeSearch settings family

2. Microsoft Family Group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Group: I am a fifteen year old boy which has made a family group. I am the owner of the family group, but I want to leave it. This is mainly because there is an issue which prevents me from playing any multiplayer games at all. I would like some assistance or any help possible. I do...
  3. Microsoft Family Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Group: I am a fifteen year old boy which has made a family group. I am the owner of the family group, but I want to leave it. This is mainly because there is an issue which prevents me from playing any multiplayer games at all. I would like some assistance or any help possible. I do...
  4. SafeSearch setting not working

in Cortana
    SafeSearch setting not working: Hello, I hope someone here can help me with this issue: When I search for adult content on the windows taskbar a warning appears telling me that the current settings of Bing's SafeSearch is removing all results that could contain adult content, and that to see those results...
  5. Family group account

Family group account: I added an account on my computer for my roommate and inadvertently added her as a child. How do I change it to an adult account or delete it so I can correct it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-group-account/102d1908-8bf5-405e-966e-bb4d816e865a
  6. Microsoft Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Group: I’ve just bought ForzaHorizon on my PC for my son who has run out of things to play with! We are both in the Microsoft Family I set up ages ago. If I log on to the pc as me, I can see the game, but if he logs in, we can’t see the game. I don’t want to pay for it twice. How...
  7. Accounts and Family Groups

Accounts and Family Groups: I want to remove my account from my family group. It is the ONLY account listed and I do not want this account showing up on my Windows login screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accounts-and-family-groups/125af3ab-f2c3-45c8-8e66-c3ea6b1c3345"
  8. Issues with Windows 10 SafeSearch and possibly family settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with Windows 10 SafeSearch and possibly family settings.: Recently I have been trying to change safe search settings for bing only to find that it has been restricted. I went into my Microsoft account's Search settings only to find that it is restricted to Strict searching. I have checked my account and as far as I can see I am not...
  9. changing safesearch setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    changing safesearch setting: My safesearch setting automatically was changed to strict and when I try to change it back to off the setting states "we've set safesearch to strict because your browser communicated your preference for safe web browsing" How do I fix this?...
  10. Change SafeSearch Setting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change SafeSearch Setting in Windows 10: How to: Change SafeSearch Setting in Windows 10 How to Change SafeSearch Filter Setting in Windows 10 taskbar to find help, apps, files, settingsyou name it. You can also get quick answers from the weblike weather, stock prices, currency conversion, and much moreand get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. weve set safesearch to strict because your browser communicated your preference for a safe web browsing experience.