Windows 10: Windows 10 Save registry changes from prompt in recovery mode

Discus and support Windows 10 Save registry changes from prompt in recovery mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everybody.I messed up my Win10 installation by simply delete a registry key...I was trying to test an old Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-TD-500. When I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Clumsy Cody, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Save registry changes from prompt in recovery mode

Hi everybody.I messed up my Win10 installation by simply delete a registry key...I was trying to test an old Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-TD-500. When I tried to install the drivers I had the first problems because it wasn't detected by the installer. In fact in the devices list it was listed like two USB VIA host with exclamation points... Searching online I discovered a page where it is explained that Hauppage in this PCI card placed two USB tuners... I downloaded the drivers from different localized Hauppauge sites since they have different version number. I rebooted the PC many times through a

:)

Clumsy Cody, Sep 25, 2022
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Sep 25, 2022
  3. zbook Win User
    How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt

In a link it suggested several registry troubleshooting steps for a Windows with black screen.

For Windows 10 1909 how do you backup and restore one registry change using a windows 10 iso command prompt?

If more than one registry entry is modified how do you backup and restore a second change?

In addition to modifying one or two commands how do you backup and restore the whole registry when the only access is via a windows 10 iso command prompt?

zbook, Sep 25, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 Save registry changes from prompt in recovery mode

Changes made in Registry, Services or Settings not saving

Hi, suggestions:
    1. Disable Fast startup.
    How do I enable or disable fast startup?

• Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to Shutdown settings and uncheck Turn on fast startup.
    • Click Save changes.

2. There have been cases where an old version 3rd party program has caused settings to revert on rebooting. E.g. winzip, albeit when setting file type association defaults.
    3. Registry permissions problems.
    You could try Tweaking.com's free cautious repair tool, selecting only the relevant registry permissions repair.

You might also compare results when working in Safe Mode.

For more: Google search
    registry change revert on reboot
    gives many results.

dalchina, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Save registry changes from prompt in recovery mode

1. Windows 10 Save registry changes from prompt in recovery mode - Similar Threads - Save registry changes

2. Change Registry Setting on command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Registry Setting on command prompt: so i change something in my registry, then i get bluescreen. I can't fix it because dont remember my password when you want to go to command prompt in bluescreen advanced settings. What do i do? please someone answer me, urgent....
  3. Change Registry Setting on command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Registry Setting on command prompt: so i change something in my registry, then i get bluescreen. I can't fix it because dont remember my password when you want to go to command prompt in bluescreen advanced settings. What do i do?...
  4. Change Registry Setting on command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Registry Setting on command prompt: so i change something in my registry, then i get bluescreen. I can't fix it because dont remember my password when you want to go to command prompt in bluescreen advanced settings. What do i do?...
  5. Windows 10 doesn't save registry changes on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesn't save registry changes on reboot: I just set up a new computer for a network work station.. Initially it was saving everything to 'One Drive' so I disconnected from One DriveTo make Paradox work, I have to edit the registry to set the working directory and the private directory for Paradox.Every time I...
  6. Windows 10 doesn't save registry changes on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 doesn't save registry changes on reboot: I just set up a new computer for a network work station.. Initially it was saving everything to 'One Drive' so I disconnected from One DriveTo make Paradox work, I have to edit the registry to set the working directory and the private directory for Paradox.Every time I...
  7. Windows 10 Save registry changes from prompt in recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Save registry changes from prompt in recovery mode: Hi everybody.I messed up my Win10 installation by simply delete a registry key...I was trying to test an old Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-TD-500. When I tried to install the drivers I had the first problems because it wasn't detected by the installer. In fact in the devices list it...
  8. Windows 10 Save registry changes from prompt in recovery mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Save registry changes from prompt in recovery mode: Hi everybody.I messed up my Win10 installation by simply delete a registry key...I was trying to test an old Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-TD-500. When I tried to install the drivers I had the first problems because it wasn't detected by the installer. In fact in the devices list it...
  9. HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry change does not save in Audit Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry change does not save in Audit Mode: I am preparing a Lenovo Flex 4 laptop for Windows Out of Box Experience (OOBE). Looks like Lenovo's default touchpad driver configuration is misconfigured such that two finger tap (right click) does not work. I found setting the registry under...
  10. Reinstall from Recovery Mode's Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall from Recovery Mode's Command Prompt?: So, I've had a problem with booting Windows 10, and I've decided on Reinstalling Windows 10, without losing personal files. The only way that I can do that now is via the Command Prompt in Recovery Mode, but I'm unsure of what commands to type in to do that, as Google isn't...